July 31, 2014 | 2015 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Isomers - Totally Tugless Makeup Remover

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by loogie

I had the same experience as the other reviewer. I am from Canada and it is cold wintertime but I keep the product in the house - HELLO (slam against company - not other reviewer...). I bought this product in a kit and went to use it for the first time. It was rock solid with a tiny tiny amount of liquid. I was so shocked by it that I came here to see if anybody else had used the product.

Would NOT recommend.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2010 11:15:00 PM More reviews by bluemelon

Considering the success I have had with several Isomers products, it was really disappointing to have a product flop like this. The Totally Tugless Makeup remover is an all-round makeup remover for the eyes, lips, face etc. Its formulation is very similar to other eye makeup removers - it has that oily component to it to help dissolve eye makeup. However this is one of those products that doesn't have the 2 layers - it was a clear liquid consistency. However, you still need to shake this well to ensure all the components are combined.

I used this a few times in the first 3 weeks I had it - it did remove my eye makeup easily and effectively. Once I use a makeup remover, I always wash it off straight after, to avoid that greasy residue remaining on my skin, and also the chance of it entering my eye & giving me blurred vision. So I did that with this. However, no matter how careful I was to not get any into my eye, after half an hour or so after washing off, I would still get that blurred vision effect, which was extremely annoying. So I left it for a few days, where I have kept it since I received it.

The other day, I went to use it again & I saw this solidifed matter on the lid. I went to shake the bottle - and heard nothing! The entire contents had solidified into these white crystals - ROCK HARD! I was so surprised by this, so I contacted the place of purchase. They replied that the product has a low freezing point & reacts to low temperature. And I was told that it is normal to receive it in a solid state if it has been exposed to colder temperatures, and that it will thaw out at room temperature. Well, firstly, I received it in a LIQUID state - and it remained like that for 3 weeks. It's winter right now, but it's not that cold here - and the temperature has been pretty much the same since I got it. Our winters here are nothing compared to Canada, so why would a Canadian company formulate a product that solidifies easy? And if it solidified so easily in the mild Australian winter - then what happens in places where it's freezing cold? That doesn't make sense. It has not thawed out at room temperature, and it doesn't look like it's going to any time soon - it's like a rock.

If anyone has also had any issues with this product - would love to hear about it & if there is any remedy. But at the moment, this product is totally useless to me.
Ingredients are: Isopropyl Palmitate, PEG-40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Phenoxyethanol, Tropolone.