July 24, 2014 | 2051 users online

Lipstick - Chanel - Rouge Coco Chintz

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2013 2:22:00 AM More reviews by mittens4kittens

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this shade, it's a peachy / nude tone with a creme consistency (not frosty). However, whenever I wear it, my lips become really bumpy almost as though they've broken out into a rash after an hour or so! I have never had this problem before with my lips so I wouldn't recommend! It's a shame because I'd love to have a bunch of Chanel lippys in my make up display!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 9:19:00 AM More reviews by archgurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a fabulous lipstick! The color is a light pink that does not look chalky. The texture is smooth and creamy without being too buttery and slippery. Chintz has a vintage name and a very 1950s/60s look. I keep this one in purse and it's become my go-to shade. Once I use it up, I will most definitely buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2012 7:25:00 PM More reviews by chimera59

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite Rouge Coco shades from Chanel. This is light pink/peach cream shade. On my skin (fair/neutral) it tends to pull more pink but can look peachier if I use a more neutral lipliner like Lancome Bronzelle. I typically get 4-5 hours of wear from the Rouge Coco line. Great for a sixties look with winged black liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by hazyhaze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

my favorite peach lipstick! This was my first Rouge Coco and it did not disappoint. I love the warm peachy color, it lightens up my lips, and it's great on its own or paired with peach blush or strong smoky eyes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Gailkey2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried Chintz after viewing the swatches and then finally going to Macy's to purchase. I wore it one day and took it back.. I am MAC nw45 color and this although pretty looked a bit odd not in bad way, but just not the tone for me..i put on jersey rose and fell in love....Chintz I thought wld work but not as great as my new love Jersey rose

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 6:11:00 AM More reviews by celegia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If you are, like me, obsessed by a make up that lightens up your face you can't miss this lipstick. I've read many reviews before buying it and confess that I never thought that sheer pink lipsticks are good on my lips. I really don't like to look like Doris Day in her sixties movies, but I totally changed my mind after trying Chintz on myself. It's a natural light pink, less transparent than Rouge Coco in Boy and less coloured and more subtle than the average pink lipsticks on sale.
If I apply it alone with brown eyeshadow and pink/peach blush, inspired by the gorgeous Keira Knightley's look in the Coco Mlle ad, it gives me an healthy and luminous complexion.
I use it with a Whirl lip pencil by Mac too and the result is an appealing strawberry colour similar to the one on Keira's mouth in the Coco Mlle commercial prints (in these pictures her lips look darker although I've read she wears Chintz).
So what else I need to say? Once again Chanel made a product that is ridiculously perfect for a girl who wants to look cool!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 12:47:00 PM More reviews by StationaryBikeFatty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great color on me when I want a peachy nude look. Perfect texture, long wearing but not dry. Will definitely repurchase. Along with Rose Dentelle from the same collection, these have become my HG lippies.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 6:39:00 AM More reviews by sgr2008

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Today it has become my favorite lipstick from Chanel ! Nothing else to say... PERFECT COLOR!
Perfect color on its own and perfect with a peach Chanel Glossimer on top !

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2011 5:08:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I have about 10 of the Rouge Coco's, and Chintz is one of my favorites. As others have described, it is a peachy-apricot-nude color, brighter than MAC's Shy Girl, and much more subdued than something like Lancome's Chris 'n Tell or the coral YSL Rouge Volupte that was popular last year. Compared to, say, MAC Cherish, Chintz is lighter and less brown.

As with (most!) other Rouge Cocos, Chintz applies creamy with a satin finish and is fairly moisturizing. I don't usually have to wear a gloss on top or a balm underneath. It's very pigmented without looking heavy, is bright enough to wear with nude makeup, but light enough to also wear with a smokey eye. If you are familiar with Rose Dentelle, Chintz is the warmer companion to it (in case you found Rose Dentelle too pink.)

There is a slight rosey scent, but it fades quickly after application. The lipstick tube imparts a nice "click" to ensure that it closes tightly, and the bullet of the lipstick is embossed with the Chanel name.

Overall, I am very pleased with this color and glad that I purchased. I did take off a lippie because Chanel has raised the prices to $32 (from $30), which I think is a little ridiculous.

On a sidebar note, this is allegedly one of Keira Knightley's favorite lipsticks, in case you have her coloring or are curious which colors she likes. Additionally, this was supposedly the shade used on Sandra Bullock at the 68th Golden Globe awards. continued >>

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by xoxokris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first Chanel lipstick. I have wanted Chintz right when it came out. I loooooooove peachy pink colors and find that these colors look best on me. I have been using MAC Shy Girl, which is a lighter peachier color version of Chintz. I finally caved and bought CHintz because of the texture. When I finally sampled it in Saks Fifth, I knew I had to buy it. The texture was super soft and the color glided on so smoothly! Plus the color was just perfect. It makes for a beautiful nude lip. I love topping it off when a Chanel gloss to make the color pop! I'm NW25 in MAC and this color makes my skin glow. It lasts long and is very moisturizing. I'm looking forward to buying more plus trying out the Rouge Allure formula :)