July 25, 2014 | 1762 users online

Lipstick - Chanel - Rouge Allure - Mythic 69 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2013 1:35:00 AM More reviews by AzurLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my first Chanel lipstick, and I'm so impressed!! I've been a long-time fan of the glossimers but never tried the lipsticks. I'm so glad i finally did. Mythic is such a beautiful nude lipstick. I was looking for something similar to MAC Fresh Brew but with less of a gray undertone. This fits the bill perfectly. It's slightly pinker and also more moisturizing than Fresh Brew. I'm so in love with it that I've been wearing it everyday since it arrived in the mail. It's such a lovely color on my NW 50 skin. I love pairing it with nude or light pink lipglosses.

I would highly recommend Mythic. I can see it being very flattering on a range of skin tones. It's the perfect nude!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by plumblush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh, Chanel...how could you do this to me? You make this gorgeous, perfect nude and then you rip it away from me!

I am so sad that this color has been discontinued. When I am out of town (because I am sure that I have cleaned out all the counters in my town) I stop by Chanel counters in case they have a tube or two of this still hanging about somewhere. This is the perfect nude. It's got a grey cast to it, which make it sound kinda gross. But, on cool-toned girls it is perfect. It's quite sheer, so I have to nude out my lips with BB cream before I apply it. if I want to get a true color out of it. But even on its own, it has a beautiful blueish sheen that just makes it so special. If you can find it, get it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 12:04:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

The texture feels nice but I find it makes my lips dry and uncomfortable. The color is grey-mauve beige with a slight blue iridescence. Looks gray and dead on my pale warm skin. For my coloring, I prefer either a caramel or peach-based beige. Like Guerlain Kiss Kiss Extreme in Beige san Fin 140 which is really creamy with a peach undertone.

Also, if you don't like strong rose fragrance, you might not like the Rouge Allures. To compare, I like the soft rose scent of my Anna Sui lipsticks. But Rouge Allure I find so intensely strong and and over-perfumed that I find it revolting. It lingers forever and does not fade. To illustrate, about an hour after applying Mythic to my lips, my Mother asked me,
    "Dear, have you been eating the children's candy?" I replied,
    "Of course not! Its this new Chanel lipstick", then she said,
    "Thats not very classy for an such expensive lipstick is it? Its like kissing a toddler with no self control caught out gorging in the sweet bowl." So even my mother thinks its not sexy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 1:07:00 AM More reviews by Mocksoup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Confession: I have always avoided the Chanel Counter like the plague. My thrift side and my glamour side have a vicious battle over my makeup drawer. Chanel simply was not anything I could afford to fall in love with.

I was at the mall on one of the rare occasions that I made it to an actual city, and I was looking for a MAC counter, because I thought that maybe they would have a nude color. I looked around for a good half an hour, and realised I was at the wrong mall. Before me was Origins, Clinque, Estee Lauder and.... Chanel.

I wasn't leaving the store without a nude lipstick. With a steely glare, I went to the Origins Counter. Nope. I went to Clinique... nope. I went to Estee Lauder and the counter girl says to me... "Oh, Linda loves the nudes! I think she has one"

You don't understand, I have been searching for the perfect nude for 5 years. You see, I am very very pale and most nudes just look ridiculous on me. I went to the bargain shops, beauty supply shops, and cosmetics counters... just hoping for a match to go with my pale skin. And I have spent entirely too much money being disappointed.
    So I walked up to the counter, with trepidation. My 5 year old is standing beside me holding my hand.
    I said "I hear you have nude lip color that I might like"
    Linda said "OH I have the perfect thing. Let me see if I still have it"
    She pulls out this color "Mythic". And the tester is BEHIND the counter because she hadn't had it in stock for months and she had just gotten it in. I tried it, and it was PERFECTION. Soft, buttery, glides on. And 32 freaking dollars.
    My thrifty side threw up a little and started spazzing out, My glam side whispered in my ear " "This is what you have wanted and wasted so much money trying to find... go for it.."
    So, I look down at my daughter and said "Okay, normally when you level up makeup wise, you go from Clinque--to Lancome--- Estee Lauder--- then Chanel. I am skipping a step."
    And bought it along with a seashell lip gloss.
    And I snickered because the tone number is 69 and I am occasionally immature.

And since this is discontinued, I thought I would give everyone who loves it so a heads up. If you wear ELF's Nearly Nude Matte Lip Color and cover it with Revlon's Creme Brulee Lip Butter it's an exact match.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2011 10:10:00 AM More reviews by TouchMyTiara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't have much to say about this lipstick; it's The Perfect Nude.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2010 5:13:00 AM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Please click continued for pictures of product and swatches.

I'm a PPP with freckles and probably neutral toned. I usually don't look nice with nude lipsticks as I'd look like I'm sick and it emphasizes my paleness. However, this is one of the nude colours that won't turn me into corpse-like.

This basically is a light beige with some shimmer to create a glossy sheen on lips. Not OTT at all. It goes on quite sheerly when compared to other Rouge Allure lipsticks as it doesn't cover my lips fully, so probably this is why I didn't look like a corpse - check out my lip swatch at the end of the review. It's mroe like toning down the pink in my lips. It isn't too warm too and therefore doesn't look like mud on my lips. The other nude lipstick that I can use is made by Shiseido, which is the Makeup Automatic Lip Crayon in LC1. Honestly, I generally like Shiseido lip stuffs the best but imo, this Chanel lipstick is superior of Shiseido's by being more moisturizing and glossy. Btw, the Shiseido one is even lighter coloured than Chanel Mythic when on lips. Fair-skinned girls with problems finding a nude lipstick should probably try this.

The lipstick is buttery soft and smooth, which glides on easily. Quite light-weighted yet moisturizing. Staying power is average. Has a rosy scent though it will be gone quickly.

continued >>

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2010 4:59:00 PM More reviews by xchristineee

I'm a little young for wearing lipstick on a daily basis, so my mom bought this for us to share. This is the PERFECT nude lipstick for me. My lips naturally have a pink color, and I always have problems with lipsticks/lipglosses being too light for my lips & looking very awkward. The color for this goes perfectly on my lips. It's just a smudge lighter than my natural color and looks great. I'm asian with a pink-ish undertone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2010 12:10:00 AM More reviews by Henna36

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love all nude lipsticks. However, this color is probably the best shade of nude for my skin tone..it's beige with a touch of mauve gray. My lips are very pigmented and this color seems to blend very well. For those who have lips that are more pale, this may wash you out, or you may need a deeper liner. The color is versatile as you can wear it alone as a sheer wash of natural color, or deepen it by wearing it with a liner and layering on top...I usually like to put galactic on top for a slight touch of sparkle. I love the packaging and the top that presses down is just too cute. It's a pricey lipstick but find that I reach for it often when I want to create a true nude lip to balance a strong eye. I predict I'm going to be done with the whole tube in a month and I've only had this lipstick for a month!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by avantgardelovers

I love the packaging! Not as long lasting as the Rouge Coco line, but this is my HG nude. Goes on like a gloss and great for layering. It's a sheer beige, so versatile because it can be layered over diff. liners/ mixed with other lippies and glosses.

For reference I'm half asian/ half swedish fair skin with slight yellow undertones