Mario Badescu Oil Free Moisturizer SPF 30

3.8

Deionized Water (Aqua),Octocrylene,Benzophenone (Oxybenzone),Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate,Ethylhexyl Salicylate,Isononyl Isononanoate,Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice) Gel,Green Tea (Camellia Oleifera Seed) Extract,St. Johnís Wort (Hypericum Perforatum) Extract,Stearic Acid,Triethanolamine,Cetyl Alcohol.

on 7/14/2015 9:12:00 AM

LOOKS, FEELS AND SMELLS LIKE SUNSCREEN

FYI: I have combination skin. I tend to get a little oily throughout the day
on my forehead and inner cheeks. I have very fair skin. No acne. No wrinkles.

I had bought this product to use as a day-time moisturizer.

You know how when you go to the pool/beach with no makeup on,
and you slather some sunscreen on your face,
and your face looks very shiny/oily/greasy?
That is EXACTLY what my face looks like when i applied this product.
Even if i applied less than a pea size, it still gave this look.

My experience with using this product:
1. The product is very thick.
2. The product smells like sunscreen.
3. My skin will NOT soak this stuff in, regardless of how much i massaged it in
or how little product i used.
4. It would immediately leave my skin VERY shiny/oily looking.
5. The shine/oiliness would get worse as the day would go on.
6. If i applied my light foundation on top of this, it would look very cake-y and oily
because of this moisturizer.

*My husband even commented on how oily my skin looks with this stuff on.
* I returned this product after a week and a half.

I would ONLY recommend using this product as a facial sunscreen for outdoors if
you're not going to put on any makeup and just need some sun protection.

Otherwise, i would recommend Mario Badescu's Hydro-Moisturizer w/ Vitamin C as a daily moisturizer. It doesn't have sunscreen in it, but it moisturizes the skin beautifully with NO oily residue.

Hope this helps!

on 1/23/2015 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I had high hopes with this product after reading the reviews here. I have combo/acneprone skin and living in a tropical climax. Since I would like to skip a step in my daily skin care, I decided that I would get a moisturizer+SPF as opposed to my usual moisturizer then SFP. Since this product contains the right amount of SPF as well as it being "oil free" I thought it would be perfect for me.

Every time I squeeze the product out of the bottle, there would be some kind of liquid that comes out with the cream, it looked like oil, but since it's oil free it's gotta be something else right!? Not matte how hard I shake the bottle before squeezing it out, it always seems to have that clear liquidy thing coming out and also leaking through the cap.

It takes AGES to absorb in the skin even with a blowdryer blowing at my face, which in the end, did not save me time for saving a step in my morning skin care routine.

WORST of all my face gets shiny after 3 hours of just sitting in my air conditioned office, which, would not happen with my other oil-free moisturizers.

A total disappointment for me on this product, TWO good thing about it is that it didn't break me out and it has no fragrance. I have wasted nearly 60SGD on this!

on 12/22/2014 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Love! My mom says every woman has a "skincare line" meaning, their are certain brands that just work better than others for your skin (my mom's is Clinique, my yiayia's is LancomeÖ) and after noticing the increased dryness in my cheeks and the fine lines around my eyes become more apparent, I thought it was about time to step up my skin game and find my skincare line. After browsing around a couple of sites and taking stock of what I was currently using, I settled on Mario Badescu and bought this along with the Glycolic Acid Toner and the Oil-Free SPF Moisturizer and think I've found my skincare line.

Skin Type: Combo-Dry, Sensitive & Acne-prone, with the occasional cystic breakout.

Starting Date: Nov. 1st 2014

Pros: Definitely helps keep my skin feeling protected and throughly moisturized without a filmy feeling, which is rather surprising for an oil-free lotion in Winter, and no ANIMAL TESTING!!

Cons: Has a slight "sunscreen" smell to it but nothing that will make you want to spray yourself in the face with Fabreeze and can be a little shiny if you use too much, but a touch of powder takes that right away.

Overall: Will definitely repurchase until comes Summer arrives, by then I might need something a bit lighter. continued >>

on 9/29/2014 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have fair, sensitive/combo skin so, I wear sunscreen every time I go out of the house.
This Mario Badescu moisturizer might be on the pricey side, but the facts that it contains both UVA and UVB protection, is oil free, contains soothing and anti-inflammatory benefits, and antioxidant protection against free radical damage. This moisturizer not only offers great sun protection, but I find that it really does keep my skin from ever feeling dry/tight. Even on during the humid/hot Southern Summer days- the ingredients in this never irritated my skin, nor did it migrate into, or irritate my eyes. Everything I could want/need in an SPF moisturizer, and than some!

I find that this does have a slight "sunscreen" scent to it, but nothing strong that I wouldn't feel comfortable having on my face all day. I highly suggest starting off by using a very small pea-sized amount of this, then adding a tiny bit more if need be. Using too much can make the skin look overly shiny. Using a very small amount makes my skin look slightly "glowing", and healthy. During the Summer, I used this underneath my powder mineral foundation, and it always looked great! Because this moisturizer is so full of good things, and moisturizes so well that I will continue to use this daily in the upcoming Fall/Winter weather!

on 8/3/2014 7:24:00 PM

I love this stuff. I finally feel like I have my acne prone skin somewhat under control with this product included in my a.m. routine. I apply it to my face and neck, it feels so good going on and soaks in quickly. The smell alone will make you fall in love! The bottle is so convenient and a little goes a long way. It does a great job at hydrating and protecting my skin.

Oh and if you guys have a minute check out this new listing site...
www.XpressPage.com

on 6/18/2013 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this moisturizer! I put it on morning and night! I'm very acne prone and am usually skeptical about moisturizers. Though this does have a bit of a greasy look when put on (I always use it on a clean face) and that really brings me down because what's worse than a greasy pimpled face. But it disappears with a little powder! And it makes my skin smooth, so concealer/foundation goes on nicely.

The packaging is nice and simple. It has a good dispensing head unlike the tub kind where you keep dipping your fingers back in.

I'll make sure to repurchase when I run out!

on 12/21/2012 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have acne prone skin, which although breakout prone is mostly dry and sensitive yet excessively oily in the T-Zone area.
I've been using this product for a few days now and I will update in due time. I have found it to be a great moisturiser, its hydrates and manages to keep oil at bay (and thatís on my normal skin).
Being acne prone I do tend to follow through with some excessively drying products once a week, such as Paula's Choice 2% BHA or AHA liquid and Benzyl peroxide, at night. So when I wake up in the morning my skin, as you can imagine, is extremely tight. I find this moisturiser works well at hydrating my skin even when it lacks moisture and especially when itís an oily mess, yet prevents the oil from the pores to seep through.
Overall, great product, it keeps combination skin well balanced throughout the day.
N.B please take care in remembering no one cream will cure acne rather a regime of different products will help immensely. This product is great for me as a day time moisturiser and the SPF 30 is a much needed plus.

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I'm a very pale redhead so daily SPF is very important for me. My skin actually isn't oily (if anything, it's dry), but I'm still acne-prone and I've found a lot of more moisturizing sunscreen products tend to feel heavy and break me out. So far, so good with this one. It doesn't feel heavy, it absorbs well and doesn't leave a white cast, and wears well under makeup. It's not quite enough moisture for me now that it's winter (I live in a very cold, windy, climate) so I used a light moisturizer underneath it along with my serum, but that doesn't bother me, and this product + serum will probably be sufficient in the summer.

EDIT: After a few weeks of use, I started reacting to this product--it makes my eyes burn shortly after I apply it, which is a reaction I've had to chemical blocks in the past. I think I'll need to switch to using a mineral/physical block from now on. Too bad, as this was otherwise a great product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm quickly falling in love with this daytime sunscreen/moisturizer. My skin is very dry and this is the perfect amount of moisture for me. When I use powder over the oily sheen disappears and the moisture sinks into my skin. The smell is subtle but I enjoy it. Not as heavy as Dermalogica Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF 30 and works just as well to moisturize at 1/3 of the price. I love it!

on 9/6/2012 11:55:00 AM

I will definately purchase this cream again! It is so far one of the best day time moisturizer for me. It is light weight, easily absorbed and no special smell. I feel it works well with any type of fundation and it doesn't add any weight to my skin.
The bottle itself is a little on the cheap scale but I kinda of love it. it's not heavy or bulky to carry. very neat in fact. I love it!