April 21, 2014 | 1506 users online

Moisturizers - Mario Badescu - Oil Free Moisturizer SPF 30

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by xkianax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love this moisturizer! I put it on morning and night! I'm very acne prone and am usually skeptical about moisturizers. Though this does have a bit of a greasy look when put on (I always use it on a clean face) and that really brings me down because what's worse than a greasy pimpled face. But it disappears with a little powder! And it makes my skin smooth, so concealer/foundation goes on nicely.

The packaging is nice and simple. It has a good dispensing head unlike the tub kind where you keep dipping your fingers back in.

I'll make sure to repurchase when I run out!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2012 10:43:00 AM More reviews by JavariaK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have acne prone skin, which although breakout prone is mostly dry and sensitive yet excessively oily in the T-Zone area.
I've been using this product for a few days now and I will update in due time. I have found it to be a great moisturiser, its hydrates and manages to keep oil at bay (and thatís on my normal skin).
Being acne prone I do tend to follow through with some excessively drying products once a week, such as Paula's Choice 2% BHA or AHA liquid and Benzyl peroxide, at night. So when I wake up in the morning my skin, as you can imagine, is extremely tight. I find this moisturiser works well at hydrating my skin even when it lacks moisture and especially when itís an oily mess, yet prevents the oil from the pores to seep through.
Overall, great product, it keeps combination skin well balanced throughout the day.
N.B please take care in remembering no one cream will cure acne rather a regime of different products will help immensely. This product is great for me as a day time moisturiser and the SPF 30 is a much needed plus.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2012 7:40:00 PM More reviews by phoebeweatherfield

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm a very pale redhead so daily SPF is very important for me. My skin actually isn't oily (if anything, it's dry), but I'm still acne-prone and I've found a lot of more moisturizing sunscreen products tend to feel heavy and break me out. So far, so good with this one. It doesn't feel heavy, it absorbs well and doesn't leave a white cast, and wears well under makeup. It's not quite enough moisture for me now that it's winter (I live in a very cold, windy, climate) so I used a light moisturizer underneath it along with my serum, but that doesn't bother me, and this product + serum will probably be sufficient in the summer.

EDIT: After a few weeks of use, I started reacting to this product--it makes my eyes burn shortly after I apply it, which is a reaction I've had to chemical blocks in the past. I think I'll need to switch to using a mineral/physical block from now on. Too bad, as this was otherwise a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by RedLipsCatEyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm quickly falling in love with this daytime sunscreen/moisturizer. My skin is very dry and this is the perfect amount of moisture for me. When I use powder over the oily sheen disappears and the moisture sinks into my skin. The smell is subtle but I enjoy it. Not as heavy as Dermalogica Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF 30 and works just as well to moisturize at 1/3 of the price. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by YWMCC

I will definately purchase this cream again! It is so far one of the best day time moisturizer for me. It is light weight, easily absorbed and no special smell. I feel it works well with any type of fundation and it doesn't add any weight to my skin.
The bottle itself is a little on the cheap scale but I kinda of love it. it's not heavy or bulky to carry. very neat in fact. I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2012 1:24:00 AM More reviews by BerniA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lotion! I got a sample size, but think I'm going to break down and buy the full sized bottle. It was very light weight, wore well under makeup, didn't break me out and felt kinda soothing. Only thing is that it seems to be kinda sticky. I hope it doesn't happen with the bottle, but the cap to the sample jar kept getting stuck on as if it had been glued, so I'd have to pry it apart for a good 10 minutes before using it. That, and it's expensive for the 2 oz. bottle!

Other than that though, LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 9:49:00 AM More reviews by Prissbella

I really like this moisturizer. It doesn't break me out and works well under my mineral foundation. I love that it's spf 30 and grab this often in the summer months.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by sweetliz312

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love Mario Badescu products, so when this came out I was super excited to get it. I was on the lookout for a moisturizer with an spf30 that would not break me out. I have oily acne prone skin and am extremely sensitive with moisturizers containing sunscreen.
Well so far so good, this has not made break out, and I have not had any kind of reactions to this product. Maybe its just me but I feel like my skin looks healthier when I have this one.
The reason I gave this 4 lippies is because even tho this is an oil free moisturizer this still leaves my skin super oily after putting this on, so i use the smallest amount possible and focus mainly on my cheeks.
I recently purchased the new Neutrogena Deep Clean Long last Shine control cleanser and that seems to be helping out alot. I only have to blot twice a day now which is a lot better than 5 - 6 times a day. If anyone is interested, I would say try to get a sample and see how your skin would react. As far as repurchasing I would probably say no, i will continue to use this until i run out but I'm still looking for my HG moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Fairyscape

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This has been awesome for my combo skin. I do only use a pea size amount for my entire face. If I use too much I look like an oil tanker but applied lightly it sinks right in and does not break me out. It offers UVA/UVB protection. Thankfully it's one of the few sunscreens that does not sting my skin after applying. I will definitely purchase this again!

Ingredients:
INGREDIENTS: Deionized Water (Aqua),Octocrylene,Benzophenone (Oxybenzone),Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate,Ethylhexyl Salicylate,Isononyl Isononanoate,Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice) Gel,Green Tea (Camellia Oleifera Seed) Extract,St. Johnís Wort (Hypericum Perforatum) Extract,Stearic Acid,Triethanolamine,Cetyl Alcohol.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by ThatLadyNextDoor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a big MB Skin Care fan so when I placed an order I decided to try this new product. I was looking for an oil-free moisturizer w/ SPF anyway...

Oh, man, this product is really bad, ladies. I mean REALLY bad. Sorry, MB, but this stuff gave me the nastiest pimples ever. I didn't even want to go out I was so embarrassed. It was just too thick for my oily/acne skin. It made my makeup melt during the day. It looked like I ran a damn marathon or something. Maybe it's just me since I'm the first reviewer, but I'm not going to buy this. But, I do like the other oil-free SPF better. It's the SPF 17. That one is better than this. IMO, this moisturizer needs to be reformulated because it seems like it would be more for dry skinned people. The consistency feels like a nighttine moisturizer. It's great the SPF is higher, but not so great that it feels like shortening,