December 18, 2014 | 1021 users online

Highlighters - Tokidoki - kabuki luminosa powder

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 3:24:00 AM More reviews by sillys

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The Tokidoki line was discontinued at Sephora, and so I bought 5 back ups of the Luminosa Powder. Yes, FIVE backups! I already have one so that makes it 6 total. It was only $13, so very cheap.

I absolutely utterly adore this product. Although I'm not too crazy on the pink/magenta glitter in it, it is the sheer shimmer/glow that I L.O.V.E. In fact because I'm afraid of running out of the 6 luminosa products, I am going to see if I can make a dupe(without that magenta glitter) of it using minerals and natural ingredients. That's how much I love it. I haven't tried out many highlighters, so I don't know if there is another product that is comparable. If there is though, please let me know ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Tokidoki is no longer being carried at Sephora, so they have marked everything down at 40% off. This highlighter is $13 right now at Sephora stores. I bought one, tried it, and then went back to buy 2 more back ups. I hardly ever buy back ups. So that goes to show how much I do like this powder. I'm fair skinned so this powder works on my skin tone. The color is a frosty, pearly white pink that creates a nice glow. I was surprised at how finely milled and soft this powder is. There is tiny pink microglitter in the powder but it is not at all gritty. The texture is very smooth and pigmented. The microglitter is very small and does not leave fall out. I love using this powder to highlight the tops of my cheek bones, brow bone, and inner eye. It really leaves a nice, lit from within glow. If you hate even a little glitter, I wouldn't recommend this for you. Also this works better on fair skin because of the light color. The packaging is very sturdy hard and thick plastic and is very cute to boot! You get 11.6g of product for $13 - it's a really good deal!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by dustgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A sheer highlighting powder that works well on my pale skin. I would not recommend this for a darker skin tone. This looks gorgeous applied with a light hand and a synthetic brush - gives a soft shimmering glow. If you apply too heavy it looks glittery, so bear in mind application is important with this one. Purchased at Sephora for $13 Canadian.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by bailokaye

Pros:
+Cute packaging
+Looks pretty if used sparingly
+Will last a long time

Cons:
-It's a glitterbomb, pure SPARKLES
-Does not look subtle or natural at all
-Expensive, $22

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by 1986tee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Great highlighter. Recommend for skin with pink undertones. Very sheer with great sheen and subtle sparkles.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2010 11:26:00 AM More reviews by reasonle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This highlighter is perfect for beginners because it is very sheer. It is a very subtle pink with tiny tiny hot pink shimmers. it does not at all look like glitter on your face, just a subtle sheen to put on cheekbones. adds a pretty, soft, fairy like luminosity to your face.