August 20, 2014 | 1941 users online

Body Scrubs - The Body Shop - Raspberry Body Scrub

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

This scrub smells amazing- like a berry cobbler pie right out of the oven. It does make my skin feel silky and soft, but is very slimy and messy. I probably would not repurchase this one since there are so many other scrubs by this brand that I like better. The granulates are very course, and scratchy against my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2012 7:41:00 AM More reviews by daffydill

The scent itself is unmistakably a raspberry one, it is a big punch of berry. I would not describe it as overly fresh more of a jammy, boozy raspberry scent. I do not find this scent a real 'wake-up' scent, more for a luxurious treat. I would personally prefer a slightly fresher smell, as I don't feel particularly cleansed after using the product. The scent lasted on my skin after showering for only an hour or two afterwards, a little disappointing, but can be layered with other product from the raspberry range.

Consistency and Scrubbing Abilities
The scrub itself does actually look and have the consistency of raspberry jam. The product is thin, particularly when I compare it to the Coconut version of the product, so I find myself scooping some product into the lid before I scrub my limbs and body. My findings on this have been that I use about twice as much per shower with this scrub compared to the coconut.
Time to exfoliate! The little scrubbers themselves consist of ground walnut shell and raspberry seeds. I find that per scoop I don't get as much exfoliating particles as I would normally like, so end up with a more gentle exfoliation, or a mere buffing of the skin as opposed to a good scrub. For this reason I would recommend to those with more delicate skin, and an avoid warning for the fake tanners amongst you. The product does wash off easily merely because it is so thin, but on the downside, I do find pieces of walnut shell all over the place throughout the day. I'm not sure how they get there as I feel like I have thoroughly washed the product off.

Another point about this product, is that the product is such an intense berry colour I would be careful of staining, particularly if you use white towels and the such like. I haven't tested it, but I wouldn't be suprised if this product turned it into a fetching pink shade.
The Body Shop claim this product is designed for normal skin, and contains moisturising raspberry extract. I personally didn't find my skin didn't feel any more moisturised compared to other scrubs on the high street, particularly compared to the creamy texture of The Body Shop's own coconut scrub. I have relatively dry skin anyway so have to moisturise after a shower, but didn't find I needed less moisturiser after using this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Summerbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i love the raspberry smelling range and this scrub does the job its amazing

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2010 8:59:00 AM More reviews by iramasson

I loved this scrub and have already finished the whole tub. It is very effective! Very scrubby. My skin is super smooth after using this. It also smells absolutely divine - like raspberry jam. It can get quite messy in the shower with the raspberry seeds and pink tint so you will have to clean your shower base or bath tub afterwards but it is worth it!!

Loved it! Bought it for half price by the way!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by spuddie

I love love love, The Body Shops Body Scrub, and this time i decided it would be wise to try a different scent (i'm a huge fan of the Shea Butter). The body scrub comes in a twist of container which i don't particularly like but hey it's not the end of life, right? The scrub is perfect though! Exfoliates so well, making my legs and arms feel like baby skin.
I do have to mention thought my one problem with this specific body scrub is the raspberry seeds. They were all over my tub resulting in me washing out the tub instead of drying myself. :( I want to clean my skin of dirt and dead skin not the tub or raspberry seeds when i'm done...
So i unfortunatly would not buy this again but wouldn't be opposed to a different scent..

Edited (9.6.10) : I got a small and when i say small i mean the size of a pinky nail on my carpet outside the tub. Now i have a permanent pink stain. grrrrr. :(

Edited: 8.29.2010: i accidentally spilled a pinky nail size of this on a carpet. R.I.P. a now pink nor beige carpet.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2010 8:43:00 PM More reviews by forcedorgasm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

got this on sale for $10. i put a small amount in a shot glass and take it w me in the shower. taking a twist tub of anything in the shower will lead to a disaster, for me anyways. while using this, it did feel pretty exfoliating, but i thought because it was so moist and liquidy, it wouldnt exfoliate my skin well. i was very wrong. when i got outta the shower and applied lotion, my skin felt sooo soft and the lotion glided on very smoothly. the scent still lingers very faintly about a hf hr after getting outta the shower. it's not over powering at all and i can smell it over my body lotion..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2010 10:24:00 AM More reviews by maan84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this body scrub as a GWP and I love it. The raspberry scent is sooo yummy! It has moisturizing raspberry extract in it. Raspberry seeds and ground walnut shell exfoliates the body. Comes in a 200 ml jar. Makes taking a shower a lovely experience scent-wise and exfoliates well. Thumbs up!