Shiseido Pureness Balancing Softener alcohol-free

Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Eysenhardtia Polystachya (Palo Azul) Wood Extract, Xylitol, PPG-13 Decyltetradeceth-24, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Citric Acid, Dimorpholinopyridazinone, Magnesium Chloride, Peony Root Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Rosemary Extract, Calcium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Benzoic Acid, Fragrance, FD&C Yellow No. 5, FD&C Green No. 3.

on 5/30/2015 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

For the price, it's only a decent toner. The pump on this toner/softener is alright but you have to be careful with it at times (I don't even know any other toner that has a pump). The light scent on this is super refreshing, it's like a light floral or breeze which I really like. Although this hasn't really improved my skin, I do feel like my skin drinks it right up and is prepared for the remaining steps of my skincare regimen. I have used toners that sit on the skin for a while before it soaks in so it's nice that this Shiseido one absorbs right in. The biggest selling point to me about this toner was the fact that it's alcohol free because of my dry skin.

on 3/16/2015 5:38:00 AM

I bought this taking into account the good reputation of this product on makeupalley.com. However, I found this did not work on my skin. It lasted me only 2 months, it was expensive, and I had new blemishes while using it, and it did not help to remove the old ones. The only thing I liked was the packaging; great minimalist japanese design. All in all, I went back to use my Clinique anti-blemish toner, which I don't like the most because it has alcohol which burns the skin, but at least it seems to work a bit better. However, I'm still on the search of a good toner for combination skin to prevent blemishes... or I'll convince myself that this skin care item is worthless... and will go from cleansing directly to serum to moisturizer and sunscreen... and not applying any toners anymore...

on 3/15/2015 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I use to be an avid user of toner but for some reason when I got to this product, I decided maybe that I could exclude the step completely. I expect that no matter how much makeup remover you use that the toner will still be able to pick up some residue. The cotton pads would be clean after swiping my face. Nothing spectacular about the product, especially still it turned me off from toners. I did not notice any changes to my skin with or without the product. On the hunt for another toner!

on 7/16/2014 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

LOVE. Best toner ever. Used this with other pureness products and it totally cleared up my bad adult acne. Really does help soften and control oil!

on 3/28/2014 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this product! However, I'm not sure if I'm using TOO MUCH on my cotton balls because I've only had this for a month and it's halfway gone. I tone my skin twice a day (it's necessary).

Aside from my one complaint, I think this is an excellent product. It has a nice, neutral smell and really helps my skin feel less oily and more firm. This is important because I have large pores and I need to keep them closed.

I don't like the price. I'm still trying to find a cheaper, yet effective toner that keeps my skin looking healthy. I tried Neutrogena for awhile, but it was too harsh and I didn't like the smell.

on 3/1/2014 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Since my face gets really dry during the winter season, I found this to be nice with soothing my irritated dry skin. I like to put 2 pumps on a cotton round and then smooth it over my skin. It makes my skin feel very nice and clean without a tight feeling. This hasn't caused me to break out and it makes my moisturizer go on very well.
It smells just like baby oil and it is a pleasant without being to strong. During the summer months I don't see myself using this just because my skin gets super oily and I like to use an alcohol based toner instead.
I wish there was a maybe option for if I'd re-buy this because I really don't know. I don't seem to be going through it very fast and I've had my bottle for about a month and a half and I have a little under half left. This is another one of those products that can benefit you a lot or just be another product taking up time in your skin care routine. Since it is alcohol free, if you have super oily skin, you might want to opt out of getting this because it most likely won't help with your oiliness and possible make you more oily.

on 11/13/2013 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

gentle, alcohol free toner, keeps face fresh and clean. helps moisturizing lotion go on smooth! beautiful sent!

on 10/30/2013 11:58:00 PM

Great Product!!! I use this product along with the cleanser and matifying moisturizer. It helped me achieve a healthy skin. Many people will think this isn't needed and that you can skip this step but its actually really important. Its what prepared your skin for the moisturizing step. I would definitely buy this product again

on 10/27/2013 11:11:00 PM

This is an excellent product. I have very oily, sensitive and acne prone skin so I loved the fact that it's alcohol and oil free. It's very gentle and I can even use it around the eye area. It has really softened my skin without making it oilier. It's cooling, hydrating and soothing. Even though my skin is oily, I still feel dry and taut at times and I find that this softener really helps.

on 10/14/2013 9:46:00 AM

I have combination skin and I have gone through all types of toners including Clinique, Lancome, Clarins and Estee Lauder. This is by far the best one I have tried. It works well for combination skin; yet, no alcohol. It is a very gentle toner that gets rid of oil and balances the skin.

Top Rated Shiseido Products