October 30, 2014 | 1390 users online

Lipstick - Burberry - Antique Rose Lipstick

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2013 6:24:00 AM More reviews by alyssian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Tried this for the first time and it was absolutely luxurious for a lipstick. The shade suits me and it feels good on the lips. One reason why I didn't give it a full 5/5 rating is that it kinda didn't last as long as I'd hoped, but then it's not enough for me to hate this. It's a subtle rose shade that doesn't make me look sickly pale nor clown-like. And not to forget, the packaging is very nice! Love the magnet closure (at least I'm sure when it rocks along with my bag, it won't spill out of its case). This is a pretty good lipstick. Go Burberry! =)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 10:14:00 AM More reviews by UrrUrr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

An easily dupable MLBB colour which is just a touch darker than my natural lip colour. Nars Dolce Vita is about the same colour as this. Not particularly long-lasting (lasts a few hrs) but quite comfortable to wear on the lips as it is moisturising. I can't stand the smell though. Very heavily scented with an unpleasant floral scent.

Unfortunately, my experience is the same as the reviewer below me. My lipstick turned gritty after one year! Ugh! I left it in a drawer away from sunlight and forgot about it for about 6 months. When I wanted to use it again, the whole lipstick didn't smell off, nor was the colour different but it became very uncomfortable to wear due to the grittiness. I thought that it was only on the top of the lipstick but I rubbed away quite a bit with lip makeup remover and it is still the same!

An absolute waste of money - I'm not repurchasing. I expect my lipsticks to last longer than a year and this is my first lipstick to go "off" in a year. Moreover, I only used the lipstick less than 10 times. There are many better lipsticks out there at a lower price point and this is a no-go for me despite the beautiful packaging. Sorry, Burberry!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 2:24:00 AM More reviews by visee

I really like this shade - a nude-pink shade for everyday when I just wanted a neutral lip. Burberry lipsticks are very moisturizing and creamy, but somehow this particular shade was much softer in texture compared to the other Burberry Lip Covers I own (I also have Cameo Pink and Dusty Rose which I bought around the same time). The lipstick broke at the base as it was too soft, and after a few months the texture got really grainy. Initially I thought it was only at the top, but the grainy texture was throughout the entire product. Really odd! It could it due to the humid climate, but I had this sitting next to the other Lip Covers in my drawer and only this one went bad. Had to throw this out eventually as it felt grainy and uncomfortable on my lips.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by miahesterly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Firstly, the colour of this lipstick is beautiful - a light-medium mauve-brown-pink. It's similar to MAC Modesty, but slightly darker, so if that was too pale for you, you may want to consider this. In my experience it's quite rare to find light mauve-based pink lipsticks.

Unfortunately, I have issues with the formula. It's creamy yes, and comfortable to wear, but the lipstick has no lasting power whatsoever as it's too greasy. It lasts a couple of hours at the most, and that's with a lipliner underneath it. If you take a drink while wearing this, your glass will be covered with unsightly marks - more so compared to other lipsticks. For 23, I expect better. The packaging is also very bulky and slightly ugly. The line has several gorgeous colours, but I would not purchase any more of these lipsticks, except maybe this colour again due to its rarity. There are better formulas out there! (And there is no comparable colour in the new Lip Velvet line either, they're all too warm.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I am in LOVE with Burberry Antique Rose lipstick (#11)!! It is a light-medium creamy pink which is fairly neutral - just the right balance of blue and peach undertones. There is no shimmer or pearl, and just one swipe each on the top and bottom lips covers and also lasts for hours. Like other Burberry lippies, this goes on smoothly, and is quite moisturizing. As with their other lippies, this is housed in a sleek gunmetal gray rectangular tube with the signature check pattern. The sides of the lipstick bullet are also embossed with this pattern, which I find rather sophisticated.

I see that the previous reviewers compared this to MAC Modesty and Chanel Mademoiselle, both of which I have and like. I personallly find this more flattering than Modesty, not to mention the formula of Antique Rose is more moisturizing and more long-lasting. There is also something about the way that Antique Rose seems to blend into the lip vs just sitting on it. Compared to Chanel Mademoiselle, AR definitely has less brown (as the previous reviewer mentioned), and also is less bright. For some reason, Mademoiselle turns a tad orange on me sometimes. I also think the AR is a lot more hydrating.

Anyway, if you are like me and love those perfect neutral-pink lips that you can wear with anything, definitely give this lippie a try! At $30USD, it's not cheap, but it may just well be my favorite lippie yet! For reference, I am NC20ish, light golden skin with dark hair and eyes. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2010 7:18:00 PM More reviews by beth6644

Gorgeous wearable color, very simlar to MAC Modesty but a much better, longer lasting formula imo. Lovely case, very well-made, which I'm sure accounts for the stupendously ridiculous price but ... it's fabulous and makes you feel so special when you whip it out for touch-ups. A keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2010 12:49:00 PM More reviews by jubez

This is the second Burberry lipstick I purchased over the weekend along with Cameo Pink. I live in Canada, so you can find these at Holt Renfrew. Antique Rose on my medium pigmented lips is definitely a MLBB shade. In the tube it comes across as a neutral pink. I swatched this next to Cameo Pink, it makes Cameo Pink look very peachy although it is also a pink. On my lips, it is a gorgeous medium toned pink and gives my face an instant brightening effect. There is no shimmer and it is so creamy and lightweight. At first glance I thought this would be very similar to Chanel Mademoiselle Rouge Coco, but on my lips Mademoiselle is more pink with a hint of brown. The formula is non-drying for me which is a big plus since lip products tend to dry my lips out. I get about ~3 hours of wear with this. There is a scent however it does fade over time.

The packaging that it comes in is a very sturdy cardboard box, which is lovely since I keep everything in their original packaging. The tube itself is gunmetal gray and is square with the Burberry check all over it. It has a nice weight to it, although I believe it's a heavy plastic not metal. The cap is also magnetic so you don't have to worry about it coming off in your purse. When you twist the lipstick up, the check pattern is also embossed on the sides of the lipstick. So when you start using it, the pattern will remain (unless of course for some reason, you use the side of the lipstick and not the top!). The only thing I do not like is that it holds fingerprints like crazy.

After trying both lipsticks out for a few days, I am very impressed and will purchase more. The shade range in this line is absolutely beautiful. All the colors are just so natural looking and wearable, no bright crazy colors here. I believe I paid $36CAN for 3.8g of product and it is well worth the price IMO.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2010 11:33:00 PM More reviews by SBMD

Gorgeous color in gorgeous packing! Antique Rose is a creamy light to medium non-shimmery neutral pink. It comes cased in a square gunmetal silver tube with the Burberry pattern on the top part of the tube and the company's logo on the bottom. The case magnetically clicks when you close it. Slight rose scent that dissipates quickly. Lasting time is about the same as Chanel's Rouge Allures, perhaps a tad longer, and the consistency is sheer yet creamy.