July 28, 2014 | 961 users online

Lips - Badger - Tinted Lip Balm

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by candybunny88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The entire Badger line is crazily overpriced here in NZ and since they don't really offer anything spectacular, I rarely ever check out their stands. However when I went past the Pharmacy today, it turned out they were having a crazy sale and I found this lip tint and shimmer in Rose (something) and Opal for $2. Winning!

Since the price point is normally quite high, I though the product must be pretty amazing to justify the money they demand. And since I am a very big tinted lip balm fan, I thought I was going to love it and I got so getty until I tried this product. So basically the balm has two ends, one being rose and the other being opal which are rose and opal in colour respectively per names suggest. The scent is your typical cocoa butter scent, the same as Queen Helene Cocoa Butter stick so I did not find it overly offensive or odd. The colour payoff is pretty poor for both shades, especially the rose since the balm itself is pretty dark, yet the colour swatch is very light. The texture of the balms is not too griddy, but it feels pretty heavy on the lips which, honestly, I can tolerate. What I have the most gripe with is the colour, both the opal and rose balms give off a very unflattering frosty finish which is uneven and emphasizes lines and dry patches. My lips are peeling like mad from this product. NOT RECOMMENDED.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by beaglebaileysmom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pretty much holy grail. The tubes I got (one each in garnet, rose tourmaline, and copper) were not at all dry and did not tug at my lips. They are very moisturizing and don't make my lips peel. They are among the only lipsticks I can wear that don't make my lips peel. I am not doubting the word of the other reviewers, but we obviously got very different products. I hope I don't have trouble finding good ones in the future...I will cry if I can't have these! Mine came from earthturns.com. Had never heard of that website before, but the service was very good. The colors are great, with garnet being pretty and dark, but not too dark on my pale, cool-toned skin. Rose tourmaline is very subtle and also works on my cool-toned skin. The copper is warm and does not work with my skin tone, so if you are one of those lucky yellow-toned ladies, the copper is probably your choice.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know...something has changed in the Badger product line :(
I bought the Badger Baby balm and the tinted lip balm recently. Neither product was good. The Baby Balm had gone bad. Had a nasty smell to it, like rancid oils.

About the tinted lip-balm -
Well, these are super-pricey.
Secondly, they do not do the job of moisturizing the lips (balm??) Applied, it looks cakey and uneven.
Maybe I got a bad item, as the balm does not glide out and go back in the container easily.

If these balms are priced a lot less, I would buy again. Quality control seems to have deteriorated at W.S.Badger :(

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2013 9:11:00 AM More reviews by Selene2013

Not good.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A dual ended lip balm. I have this in the garnet/opal. The garnet is a pigmented berry color with a slight shimmer. Opal is almost colorless with shimmer. They smell like cocoa butter. The lip balm dried out my lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by kohana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't care for this lip balm. First of all, it is very hard. It tugs on my lips as I apply it! Plus, the shimmer side is a bit *too* shimmery, which makes it look a little bumpy on my lips. It works if you layer it over a moisturizing lip balm--but I don't think I'll get it again, since it feels so dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2011 10:09:00 PM More reviews by HRubin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The Packaging: A dual headed tube of product, one for color and the other for opal shine, a top coat of shimmery gloss.

The Product: The color of the product is mica-like and not milled as finely as I would like, suspended in a super moisturizing blend of oils. I have to say, it is one of the most moisturizing and healing lip products I have ever used. Whenever winter comes with chapped lips, I slap this stuff on and my lips are soft and smooth in a day or two. Wearing the lipcolor alone isn't advisable, since when the topcoat is added that the product really shines, literally. With the topcoat, is has a satiny finish that makes my lips look full and pouty without looking wet or goopy. The only con I can safely say is that the color is not as smooth as I would like, and the shimmer is not as finely milled as it could be.

The Price: Very very reasonable :)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by justelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

This is by far the WORST tinted lip balm I have tried. It's very hard, which makes it really difficult to apply. Once I get it on my lips, it doesn't feel moisturizing at all and has a funky smell & taste. The worst part is that it makes my lips look chapped even when they aren't! I'm very disappointed considering all of the positive reviews, kinda makes you wonder... ;-\

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 3:15:00 PM More reviews by voxamoeba

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love these! I have them all. They save my lips and make me pretty. The Garnet and Jasper are almost identical colors. I hope they make a bright pink next.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2010 6:36:00 PM More reviews by semor211

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Really like this product! I also have it in Garnet. It's a beautiful color and very moisturizing. I like that there is a soft shine. The flavor/scent was not what I was expecting, but I got used to it and I don't dislike it. Like the other reviewer said, the taste is based on the cocoa butter. Would definitely buy again, kind of interested in trying another color, too!