December 22, 2014 | 1842 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2014 3:17:00 AM More reviews by Chanel1993

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually like this product I found it for a $1 at the dollar tree and its a great hilighter I didn't want to spend so much money on a hilighter so I've been using shimmery pale lipsticks and eyeshadows to hilight with but this product is perfect it doesn't make me look glittery and it gives me a nice dewy look I like so it's perfect and the price you can't beat

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Steelermummeh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Edit: I don't know whether or not E.L.F just loves me better (I'm kidding!), but mine has had no runniness/texture problems at all. Weird.

E.L.F and I are involved in something of a love/hate relationship. About 60% of products I've used have left a definite "meh" impression. The other 40% though, are marvellous. There seems to be no middle ground for me.

So! The last major haul included a little tube of the Facial Whip in Spotlight.

(Is that the full size? I haven't had coffee yet and I can't for the life of me read the teeny tiny letters)

I applied the first steps of my usual "face" which currently consists of a combined moisturizer/SPF30 (Pur-lisse)*, primer (Monistat...yep, I'm hooked) and Wet & Wild Cover-All in fair-light. Then I thought "hmmmm.....okay, why not?". I applied the Whip using unbelievably small dots to each brow-bone, the centre of my nose, and a bit on the middle forehead.

It looks shiny as all heck, but it does leave a definite hint of shimmery goodness.

Then I set it all with HD powder (today it's E.L.F's Studio), added a bit of bronzer and spritzed with E.L.F's Mist & Set.

And therein lies the key. If you have oily or even combination skin, you'll want to mattify this a bit. Please mattify. Mattification is our friend and saves us from looking like we've just dunked our head in a pool of melted lard.

It's actually pretty good stuff! I haven't tried the Benefit version, and I'm not convinced the (horribly) more expensive would be better at all; I won't be using this every day and since a miniscule amount is all I need, it wouldn't make sense to pay more for it.

So that's about it. It is a perhaps surprisingly adept little highlighter. Will buy again.

(* the reason I'm fine with SPF 30 - relatively low protection - is because I live in the Pacific North West and seriously the climate doesn't exactly scream "ARRRRGH sunshine!". Also, I rarely leave the house)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2014 5:26:00 AM More reviews by bowlspice

The colour isn't very flattering and is hard to blend onto the face but one way you can make it work is to mix in with foundation. So for the price its not bad at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Crimsonbury

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Maybe I just got a bad bottle or something, cause this stuff was awful. It was the consistency of water, except with shimmer in it. How are you supposed to apply it like that? I tried shaking it, I dipped a brush in it, I even put it in the fridge for a bit to see if that would help, but it was completely useless. Wasn't impressed at all. Eventually it leaked so I threw it out after only having it for like a week....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

NOTE: It seems elf has some manufacturing issues with this. I keep seeing reviews saying this is 'watery'. Mine is more of a cream, only slightly thinner. Thicker than high beam or sun beam though, thinner than, say, a cream blush (NYC bulshable cream sticks).

I am a highlighter junkie. So when I saw these facial whip thingies for a dollar a pop, I was dubious. A dollar? Really? But I still bought two (Spotlight and Golden Peach). I have to say, I enjoy them a lot.

Spotlight is a shimmery white, similar to Benefit's High Beam in color and appearence once on the skin, however the texture of the two is vastly different. I have to say, I prefer the elf one's texture! High beam is more of a liquid (shimmery white water, almost, only slightly denser) while the shimmering facial whip is more of a gel-cream in my opinion, easier to work with and doesn't smudge makeup like High Beam.

The packaging is better than High Beam, which comes in a nail polish like cylandrical bottle with a brush applicator (like a nailpolish, again), while the elf one is in a squeezy tube. I find the elf one to be more practical.

Overall, the elf shimmering facial whip is a great budget buy! I definitely like it and may repurchase-- not sure. I've heard the Rimmer Wake Up highlighters are good, but they haven't hit my area yet. When they do I'll try the white one, but for now this is my every day highlighter.

The only gripe I have is that the logo rubbed off already after around seven to ten uses. Cheap-o! But for a dollar, what can you expect? And, after all, I prefer this to a twenty six dollar highlighter, so I'm willing to forgive the logo coming off.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Barbie456

I have this in Lilac Petal, and I really like it. It's not overly shimmery, which is nice. I'd say that the only downside is that it's a little difficult to blend, but its nothing too bad. That citrus-y smell people talk about isn't really all that bad. So, overall it's a great product considering its only $1!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Ispania

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For one $ it's ok , I can work with it. However my fist impression was quite bad( I got it twoonths ago). The product separeted and first water came out then shimmer. For those who are on budget it ok , but still better add some bucks and buy something better. I gave it three lips only because it looks ok on face, otherwise I would give one lippi.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by poogle17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

When I first put some of this product on my wrist before applying it to my face, I thought 'what a nightmare.' It was watery and all the ingredients appeared to have separated but this really is a brilliant product. After shaking the tube a little, I applied it just above my cheekbones and under my eyes and it worked as a great highlighter. It cost me only 1.50 so for the price you can't go wrong and it's a good inexpensive alternative to YSL touche eclat. I would give it a 5 but it's very messy and this lets it down. Overall a really good highlighter and I would recommend this to anyone, one of my favourite products from e.l.f yet!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually liked this as my highlighter but I hated the packaging. Application was a hassle...at least for me. Id rather have something in a powder not a liquid. Would not repurchase

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2012 3:17:00 AM More reviews by FaithLPS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this for awhile now and i hate this, dunno if is the one i got it thats bad or what. i heard many good reviews so i went to pick that up when i saw it i was so excited! but then now that i use it i find that its so hard to blend and it always leaves me some blotchy patch. Disappointed might pick up a better one again for trying next time, but for now its a nono. SGD $3