July 25, 2014 | 1790 users online

Highlighters - E.L.F. - Shimmer Facial Whip in Spotlight

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2014 5:26:00 AM More reviews by bowlspice

The colour isn't very flattering and is hard to blend onto the face but one way you can make it work is to mix in with foundation. So for the price its not bad at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Crimsonbury

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Maybe I just got a bad bottle or something, cause this stuff was awful. It was the consistency of water, except with shimmer in it. How are you supposed to apply it like that? I tried shaking it, I dipped a brush in it, I even put it in the fridge for a bit to see if that would help, but it was completely useless. Wasn't impressed at all. Eventually it leaked so I threw it out after only having it for like a week....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

NOTE: It seems elf has some manufacturing issues with this. I keep seeing reviews saying this is 'watery'. Mine is more of a cream, only slightly thinner. Thicker than high beam or sun beam though, thinner than, say, a cream blush (NYC bulshable cream sticks).

I am a highlighter junkie. So when I saw these facial whip thingies for a dollar a pop, I was dubious. A dollar? Really? But I still bought two (Spotlight and Golden Peach). I have to say, I enjoy them a lot.

Spotlight is a shimmery white, similar to Benefit's High Beam in color and appearence once on the skin, however the texture of the two is vastly different. I have to say, I prefer the elf one's texture! High beam is more of a liquid (shimmery white water, almost, only slightly denser) while the shimmering facial whip is more of a gel-cream in my opinion, easier to work with and doesn't smudge makeup like High Beam.

The packaging is better than High Beam, which comes in a nail polish like cylandrical bottle with a brush applicator (like a nailpolish, again), while the elf one is in a squeezy tube. I find the elf one to be more practical.

Overall, the elf shimmering facial whip is a great budget buy! I definitely like it and may repurchase-- not sure. I've heard the Rimmer Wake Up highlighters are good, but they haven't hit my area yet. When they do I'll try the white one, but for now this is my every day highlighter.

The only gripe I have is that the logo rubbed off already after around seven to ten uses. Cheap-o! But for a dollar, what can you expect? And, after all, I prefer this to a twenty six dollar highlighter, so I'm willing to forgive the logo coming off.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Barbie456

I have this in Lilac Petal, and I really like it. It's not overly shimmery, which is nice. I'd say that the only downside is that it's a little difficult to blend, but its nothing too bad. That citrus-y smell people talk about isn't really all that bad. So, overall it's a great product considering its only $1!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Ispania

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For one $ it's ok , I can work with it. However my fist impression was quite bad( I got it twoonths ago). The product separeted and first water came out then shimmer. For those who are on budget it ok , but still better add some bucks and buy something better. I gave it three lips only because it looks ok on face, otherwise I would give one lippi.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by poogle17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

When I first put some of this product on my wrist before applying it to my face, I thought 'what a nightmare.' It was watery and all the ingredients appeared to have separated but this really is a brilliant product. After shaking the tube a little, I applied it just above my cheekbones and under my eyes and it worked as a great highlighter. It cost me only 1.50 so for the price you can't go wrong and it's a good inexpensive alternative to YSL touche eclat. I would give it a 5 but it's very messy and this lets it down. Overall a really good highlighter and I would recommend this to anyone, one of my favourite products from e.l.f yet!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually liked this as my highlighter but I hated the packaging. Application was a hassle...at least for me. Id rather have something in a powder not a liquid. Would not repurchase

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2012 3:17:00 AM More reviews by FaithLPS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this for awhile now and i hate this, dunno if is the one i got it thats bad or what. i heard many good reviews so i went to pick that up when i saw it i was so excited! but then now that i use it i find that its so hard to blend and it always leaves me some blotchy patch. Disappointed might pick up a better one again for trying next time, but for now its a nono. SGD $3

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by jennadev74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

For the price this is an awesome shimmer, this gives a great illuminating color to by cheek bones and temple, goes on great, not cakey, hand down for this price you can't beat it!! Love this color too, nice pearly color, its so pretty!!! As for the runniness as some are stating, shake the tube or smooch it around to mix it up first.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2012 1:09:00 PM More reviews by AmyK2005

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this for a few months probably. I originally bought it because I didn't hardly ever use highlighter, but I wanted one "just in case" for my makeup bag. I since have started using it pretty much daily to brighten my under eye area after I apply concealer (at the very top of my cheekbone). I get the very tiniest amount and very lightly pat it on, and it brightens without looking obvious or garish. Sometimes for an evening look I will use a bit more and pat it out along my cheekbones and just up to my temple. This one does the job. I do have to give the little tube a good shake before I squeeze some out or it'll be separated and watery. And like I said, the tiniest amount goes a really long way, so even though I am careful, sometimes I end up with some wasted. But, highlighters are something I don't wanna drop huge amounts of $$ on so this little $1.00 works for me.