MAC SMASH HIT Dazzle Lipstick

2.5

on 10/5/2010 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Cool

I thought this would be a great addition to my lipstick collection. The color went on beautifully, it is a nice sparkly neutral. I didn't want to change my lipcolor, just add some sparkle or layer this color.
Unfortunately about 30 minutes after the application, the sparkles in it had migrated all around my mouth and would not come off! It ruined my face makeup and it looked like i had been rubbing my mouth which i hadn't.
I couldn't even cover up the sparkles by adding concealer or more foundation. the only way to get them off was to wash my face with soap and water. And I was planning on getting all of them, ha! What a mess, i don't think i've ever experienced a messier lipstick.

on 9/14/2010 3:26:00 AM

i agree with the rest that alone, this lipstick doesnt look too good. i applied it with a light hand and my lips looked nice. but i think it would look best with a sheer or nude gloss on top. overall, i like this color and i want to try out other dazzle lipstick colors.

on 7/24/2010 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is another one from this line that I didn't care for. It's just a mess of glitter with little to no pigmentation. I would describe it as a sheer, glittery beige gold (didn't detect any darker gold glitter on lips) which didn't look good on my lips at all. It was way too frosty and glittery to be worn alone IMO.

Dazzle Lipstick ($14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN)

Smash Hit is a sheer beige-gold with darkened gold glitter. This was one of my least favorites in the line. It would be nice for layering, but I did not find it at all appealing on it's own.

Popular Lipsticks