MAC HOT SASS Dazzle Lipstick

4.6

on 8/18/2010 4:32:00 PM

I Just got this product and I Love it. YOu don't even need a liner for it. You can add gloss but it has so much shimmer already, it's very pretty. IT's like an orange coral color with a lottttttttttt of glitter. IT's very pretty on. I liked the pink one they had too but this is more summery and I use a lot of peachy colors so it's my fav. GReat product to go wih!

on 8/16/2010 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely adore this lipstick! Alot of swatches I've seen online do NOT do the lipstick any justice. I admit, it looks formidable in the tube, but the actual product when worn is a lovely orangey-apricot-peach. It's a must have for summer months. Oh, and did I mention the sparkle? Yes, there is a LOT of glitter packed into this little lippie, so if you are not a fan of glittery lips, point your gaze elsewhere. For those on the fence regarding the texture, rest assured: there is no heavy, gritty feeling when wearing this formulation. I only felt the presence of glitter while rubbing my lips together. Also, the glitter in this is more visible in certain lighting, so make sure you test the color outside as well as indoors to see if you like both looks. All in all, though, I'd say to at least give this lippie a try at the very least. You may wind up loving it like I did.

Oh, I love love love this color! At times it appears more hot pink/coral and others it's a brighter orange with a tinge of pink. It's not gritty at all, the glitter doesn't migrate, and wears much longer than I expected.
This is such a gorgeous, fun summer color and I would definitely buy it again (and again and again LOL). :)

on 7/23/2010 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I almost didn't buy this color because of how it was swatched on temptalia.com. I LOVE coral lipsticks but this one looked straight orange from the pictures but the MA at Nordstrom's tempted me into it. I would describe it as a coral that leans much more towards orange than pink with a semi sheer finish and hot pink/orange/green sparkle. I think it could be a little better if it was a touch less orange. That would certainly make it more wearable for those who don't usually wear warm toned lipsticks. It does have good color pay-off but isn't so bright that it's clownish. Hot Sass really is very wearable for being so bright in the tube~! It's really like a dazzleglass in lipstick form with more pigmenation. This finish is a bit drying so I put a thin layer of balm underneath so it will go on smooth. I can't detect a bit of grit either and I think this is a perfect addition to my collection. I wouldn't buy again simply because I never purchase backups of anything and I already have so many lipsticks.

Hot Sass is a semi-sheer, muted orange, think coral with reddish-copper glitter and a few specks that look almost greenish. This color is very hard to describe, it is nothing like anything else I own. This is a great spring summer color, especially with a tan. This is a definite must have for my collection. One of my other favorites in this line.

Popular Lipsticks