September 19, 2014 | 878 users online

Makeup Brushes - The Body Shop - Eyeshadow blending brush

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by BlueTutu

I've had this brush for 3 years and it's very well made and doesn't shed hairs. It blends out eyeshadow effortlessly and is sturdy enough that it doesn't flop all over the place. I also use it to put a wash of colour over my eyelids and it doesn't increase fallout.
It's cheaper than the 217 but I favour it because it's from a cruelty free brand. It didn't score a 5 because it could be a little softer (but it's in no way scratchy).

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2013 5:02:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

I've had this brush for along time. I use it for mineral eye shadow so it's really fine for that.

Other than this, i don't see it as a good pigment brush because it doesn't pick the colour. This is a problem with all TBS brushes.

Though, I must say, TBS brushes are sturdy, soft and good for the price. If anyone is interested, go for it. Definitely amortised in the long run.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Lovelocked

This brush is great! I bought this brush wanting to find a substitute for the MAC 217 and I'm surprised that this brush is not mentioned as much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2012 8:41:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I just bought this a couple of days ago after hearing that this is a really good dupe for MAC's 217 and so far, I'm really liking it! It's relatively cheap compared to the MAC brush, but definitely not the cheapest one out there. However, having said that, the reason why I prefer this is because it's cruelty free. It blends color really well, which I think is one problem I have with some synthetic brushes because they're sometimes too smooth, compared to some real hair brushes that are a bit kinky, which help "grab" the eyeshadow more. This definitely isn't a problem when it comes to that, and I find that this does double duty, packing on color and at the same time blending it in. Apart from that, I find that because the bristles are very stiff and long, this can easily be a crease brush that also pack on and blend colors. Definitely recommend you guys go get this brush. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 1:43:00 PM More reviews by laitae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've had this brush for a few years now, use it daily and it is still in perfect condition.

It is soft, but not flimsy, which helps blending.

I heard it is a good dupe for MAC's 217, so if your budget doesn't allow you to buy from MAC, please pick this one up, you won't regret!

I actually think that I need to buy another one of these as I'm tired of having to clean it everyday:)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by usernameusername

I use this brush everyday, it's the best! I'm really not great at creating nice eyeshadow blends (ie: smoky eye look) but this brush really makes things easy. The bristles are really soft, easy to clean and best of all, cruelty-free!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a fair brush for applying certain eyeshadows. I say that because some eyeshadows are packed pretty hard and this brush will have a hell of a time trying to pick it up. Not the best brush out there but for someone who is new to eyeshadow, this is a good starter to have as a blender than to pack color. It is semi multi functional eyeshadow brush IMO. If you want to apply colors sheer to about medium pigmentation, then this is a nice brush to have. Otherwise spring for the dollar e.l.f. brushes to pack color on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 6:30:00 AM More reviews by mariavittoria1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's soft, not particularly expensive, does the job, doesn't shed and picks up the right amount of colour. Occasionally I use it for contouring and it works well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 3:17:00 PM More reviews by bobbob616

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's soft and doesn't ever shed. I bought this on sale so the price is ok. I'd rather buy a MAC brush with the normal price though.