April 24, 2014 | 1670 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - Eyeliner Pen

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by jennyelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Wore for 1 day = swollen eyelid + stinging redness Funny (and sad) because only the winged eyeliner area became red. Threw out this garbage immediately! Use this $3 elsewhere.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by LaDolceVita8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I'm an avid pen liner user as it's been a part of my daily makeup routine for the past six years. So you can imagine I've gone through my fair share of liners and this has got to be the worst pen liner I have ever used.

Pros:
- it's cheap.
And that's about it.

Cons:
- very faint color. Not an intense black at all. I don't mind not having a super intense black but this was just a faded faint black that just reeked of poor quality.

- very harsh felt tip. I felt that it tugged at my eye skin while I was trying to apply it and it was painful. I honestly felt it would do a lot of damage to my eye area in the long run if I continued using this.

- Dries up quickly. After a month or two, it started to dry out on me and get flaky. A decent pen liner should last me at least a good 4-6 months (and this is on a DAILY use basis too!) before it starts to dry.

I don't recommend this at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by barbaravb

I absolutely love this eyeliner plus it is super cheap! I use it every single day and it lasts me the entire school day. The only con is that it smudges easily if you rub your eye but other than that I love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by carnosa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not too long ago, a friend of mine recommended this eyeliner to me and was raving about it and since it was $3 and I had money to waste, I thought why not? Truthfully, that $3 spent was $3 wasted lol. The felt tip was harsh on my eyelids and hurt like a frick. I don't know what to say about pigmentation, but this stuff stained my eyelids when I removed the makeup. It smudges, so if you make a mistake, I can definitely say that you'll have to start all over again instead of quickly fixing it with a q-tip. It's safe to say that if this were the only eyeliner left in the world, I would never wear eyeliner again. I would not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by DrGMart

This was alright. Wasn't very pigmented, the felt tip at the end started to separate....I just kinda threw it out after using it for a month.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by ladylikeloser

This eyeliner was great. It provided me with a nice look to my eyes, enchancing them to big and bright while my normal eyes are small and almond-shaped. It was easy to apply with little to no effort, and I was happy with it.

Pros:
stays on
nice color
pops eyes
eyes are bigger

Cons:
smudges easily
loses thick, rich color after a week of usage
doesnt last long

I really liked how the applicator of the product was thin to large; provided good winged look I was looking for. But after a few tries, I was in my bathroom and looking in the mirror up close when I saw that the thick black color I had hoped for wasn't there, instead a watery-looking grey. I frowned, reapplied to the same area a few times, and it was better. Overall, I would probably buy this product again because the cons are manageable. But there are plenty of other good ones!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by judywapner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This pen isn't all that great for doing the cat-eyeliner thing, at least thats my opinion. The tip of mine kind of expanded and "pilled", sort of like a sweater? So now it's not very sharp; not great for those fine lines you want. BUT mine is probably two years old (which means I should probably get rid of it, GROSS!)

I do really love it though. My eyes don't look good with the cat eye thing anyway, so I just use this right at the corner of my eyes, just a tiny bit and I kind of smudge it out and it stays all day. This is really all I need so I'm happy with the product.

For this price, I will continue to buy. I recommend trying this product, because for the cheap price even if you dont like it as a HG product, you can still probably use it for something.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by christina8499

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ugh. I LOVED this thing at first and then after about 4 uses it came out light after I was done with one eye. Unusable. Great price and packaging, not so great product.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by lucyducy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

With this product, you get what you pay for. It was very cheap and cheap quality as well. It is not pigmented AT ALL! It was good for about 2 uses, and then it turned out as a really light and barely worked. After a while, the liner turns clumpy and dry. I would not recommend this product to anyone who wants a REAL LEGIT working eyeliner. Instead, I would recommend the Stila Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner Pen, if you are willing to invest.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by reesagirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is for the Essence Stay Put eyeliner pen in black. I love pen eyeliners because I have a graphics and art background and these are super comfortable for me to use. I have VERY oily lids and no eyeliner lasts for long on them. I was using Colorstay and Physicians Formula pens most often, I even used eyeshadow primer and put my eyeliner on last, and still had fading or even some smearing on the lower lash line. Not with this baby. This one has great intense pigment and REALLY stays put. Even through swimming. No fading, no running and no smearing (my waterproof mascara smudged after the pool, but my eyeliner stayed where it was!). It is definitely staying put!!!! Plus, it's a steal at less than $3.50 (I got mine at Ulta). My only complaint is that the tip of the pen got a little fraying which was annoying but minimally so. It can be difficult to remove, but I found a slightly oilier eye makeup remover first did the trick. I only hope they start to make this in other colors!