July 30, 2014 | 1950 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - Eyeliner Pen

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by MUAkiss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It was very cheap and that was what drove me to buy it in the first place. In terms of lasting power, it doesn't last long on my lash line. It would fade away within a 8 hour timespan for me. But i do have oily lids (however i wouldn't consider it VERY oily). When you lay it flat, it does not dry out for quite a long time. I bought mine in January, and despite wearing it everyday, it still hasn't dried out on me (July). In terms of precision, it has a thin felt tip so that u can create a thick or thin line. Personally, i like to wear my eyeliner very thin, and it lines it pretty well. The color is pretty black and dark, but don't expect it to be as pigmented as a liquid eyeliner.

All in all, if you don't have oily lids and is looking for a cheap felt tip eyeliner, then I would recommend this product for you to try. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2014 8:55:00 PM More reviews by gechok

I was out of my Maybelline liner pen and I read something about this in Seventeen Magazine. It was cheap and I figured I'd give it a try.

I liked it at first. Now that I've repurchased Maybelline, I've realized how terrible this is. It's flaky and the tip is thick, so it's hard to make an even line.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Pandora7

This and the other Essence long lasting eyeliner pen I bought were pretty disappointing. Not easy to use, dried out and flaked almost immediately on my eyelid. I wore each one once, and tossed for the same reason. For a better drugstore eyeliner pen, Almay's gets my vote of confidence.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by jennyelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Wore for 1 day = swollen eyelid + stinging redness Funny (and sad) because only the winged eyeliner area became red. Threw out this garbage immediately! Use this $3 elsewhere.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by LaDolceVita8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I'm an avid pen liner user as it's been a part of my daily makeup routine for the past six years. So you can imagine I've gone through my fair share of liners and this has got to be the worst pen liner I have ever used.

Pros:
- it's cheap.
And that's about it.

Cons:
- very faint color. Not an intense black at all. I don't mind not having a super intense black but this was just a faded faint black that just reeked of poor quality.

- very harsh felt tip. I felt that it tugged at my eye skin while I was trying to apply it and it was painful. I honestly felt it would do a lot of damage to my eye area in the long run if I continued using this.

- Dries up quickly. After a month or two, it started to dry out on me and get flaky. A decent pen liner should last me at least a good 4-6 months (and this is on a DAILY use basis too!) before it starts to dry.

I don't recommend this at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by barbaravb

I absolutely love this eyeliner plus it is super cheap! I use it every single day and it lasts me the entire school day. The only con is that it smudges easily if you rub your eye but other than that I love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by carnosa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not too long ago, a friend of mine recommended this eyeliner to me and was raving about it and since it was $3 and I had money to waste, I thought why not? Truthfully, that $3 spent was $3 wasted lol. The felt tip was harsh on my eyelids and hurt like a frick. I don't know what to say about pigmentation, but this stuff stained my eyelids when I removed the makeup. It smudges, so if you make a mistake, I can definitely say that you'll have to start all over again instead of quickly fixing it with a q-tip. It's safe to say that if this were the only eyeliner left in the world, I would never wear eyeliner again. I would not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by DrGMart

This was alright. Wasn't very pigmented, the felt tip at the end started to separate....I just kinda threw it out after using it for a month.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by ladylikeloser

This eyeliner was great. It provided me with a nice look to my eyes, enchancing them to big and bright while my normal eyes are small and almond-shaped. It was easy to apply with little to no effort, and I was happy with it.

Pros:
stays on
nice color
pops eyes
eyes are bigger

Cons:
smudges easily
loses thick, rich color after a week of usage
doesnt last long

I really liked how the applicator of the product was thin to large; provided good winged look I was looking for. But after a few tries, I was in my bathroom and looking in the mirror up close when I saw that the thick black color I had hoped for wasn't there, instead a watery-looking grey. I frowned, reapplied to the same area a few times, and it was better. Overall, I would probably buy this product again because the cons are manageable. But there are plenty of other good ones!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by judywapner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This pen isn't all that great for doing the cat-eyeliner thing, at least thats my opinion. The tip of mine kind of expanded and "pilled", sort of like a sweater? So now it's not very sharp; not great for those fine lines you want. BUT mine is probably two years old (which means I should probably get rid of it, GROSS!)

I do really love it though. My eyes don't look good with the cat eye thing anyway, so I just use this right at the corner of my eyes, just a tiny bit and I kind of smudge it out and it stays all day. This is really all I need so I'm happy with the product.

For this price, I will continue to buy. I recommend trying this product, because for the cheap price even if you dont like it as a HG product, you can still probably use it for something.