Essence Eyeliner Pen

3.1

This is a garbage eyeliner. I picked it up because I remember seeing good reviews on Essence liners (turns out it's the gel one...) and I wouldn't mind a cheapie backup since liquid liner is something I plow through like water.

The felt tip is scratchy and nonpliable, making it hard to get an exact line. The formula is not opaque - you have to apply, wait, and reapply at least 3x to get a black (more like gray) line. The few times I tried to make it work I ended up resorting to using it as base for pencil liner - this actually worked out great since it added something for them to stick to without being too opaque itself, so the pencil liner had a lil' bit of extra spotlight. (This worked great with a Jordana black glitter liner). It does have decent lasting power on my oily lids.

I have this in black. It's not opaque, which is super annoying because you have to wait till it dries and then reapply because or else it just looks like you're wearing yesterday's liner. The price is obviously great, after all, it's essence, but unless you're super patient and have the time to coat, wait, coat, wait, then I'd suggest adding a few bucks and buying a better one from the drugstore (eg. Milani, Physicians Formula, Maybelline, L'Oréal all make great liquid eyeliners under $10). But if you're new to makeup or to liquid eyeliners or just want to practice, then this is definitely a good one to get and the fact that's it's not super dark will work to your advantage because that makes it easier to remove. I personally haven't had any problems with the packaging so far, but keep in mind that I just leave it in my makeup bag at home and don't travel or anything with it. I have two slightly different eye shapes, one being a monolid, so it feels like years before I can open my eye again but if you don't have a mono, then the drying time shouldn't be a problem.

Basically,
Pros:
- Cheap
- Good for practice
- Dries pretty quickly
Cons:
- Not opaque

Best eyeliner ever! Cheap doesn't move or flake lasts all day

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I got this at Walgreen on sale for 99 cents. I love it it's pigmented and lasts all day

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First I have this eyeliner in the WATERPROOF version. I brought this thinking it would be like the eyeliner with the brush but be warn it's not! The eyeliner is still great, the tip is long and makes it easy to apply, doesn't smudges for 5-6 hours (I have monolid). This eyeliner isn't the best but you can't beat the price.
The only think I don't like is that the eyeliner isn't a true black. It's more like a charcoal but other then that I think it's a good eyeliner for the price

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Favourite eyeliner ever. I love liquid liner but usually don't like the applicator for most so eyeliner pens have been my go to atm. I've tried several (maybelline and sephora) but this is my absolute fave! I've used both the usual one and the waterproof one and both are amazing; easy to use and stay all day. The waterproof one isn't completely waterproof but will definitely last all day no matter the conditions.

The pen lasts a good 4-5 months before it dries out or the felt tip becomes too worn to use (and I use it everyday) so very happy with that for a $5 eyeliner.

Absolutely adore this and don't need to try out any other eyeliner pens.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

So easy! i only gave it a 4 because on first swipe its not very dark, however you can go over it and make it darker.

I love it! It stays so long on my eyes and my eyelids are oily most of the time. I'd definatelly buy it again!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I love this eyeliner. I have very oily hooded eyelids, and this stays put on my eyelids all day. The way I get this or any eyeliner to stay is I have to use an eye primer, and mac paint pot before I add any eyeliner, and voila my eyeliner wonít budge. I find this eyeliner easy to use, I love the black colour, and if I store it cap down it doesnít dry up, and Iíve had mine a couple of months.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Amazing eyeliner! First I ever bought (generally not a huge fan). This stays on all day, is really easy to apply, and is very black. I would definitely repurchase!