September 2, 2014 | 1462 users online

Deodorants - Lady Speed stick, Stain Guard

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Nancygia

Okay, I feel better now. I bought this on drugstore.com, I believe, due to positive reviews. I have tried it, switched to other things due to odor (I thought my body got "used to" it), would come back, and still wound up stinky and self-conscious. So I guess it's not just me. This deodorant just isn't effective.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Lovespice

No matter how much I would apply this product, in a short period of time I could smell myself and it wasn't pleasant. It may safeguard your clothes but it does not safeguard your odor. By the end of the day, you'll smell like a monkey in heat.

Don't buy it. Spare yourself the humiliation of starting a new job and hearing people whisper about where that smell is coming from. Never again!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by scapp

This deodorant was the worst that I have tried. It promised to protect against yellow stains which would have been great, if it actually worked. I do not usually have yellow stains on my clothing, but found that after using this deodorant, there were yellow stains on my clothing! I also felt that I was sweating more, it was gross. Finally, this deodorant is IMPOSSIBLE to remove. I would be scrubbing with my loofah in the shower, and still I would have difficulty shaving due to a leftover layer of deodorant. It was ridiculous! I do not recommend this deodorant to anyone, and I will never purchase from Lady Speedstick again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by ILoveStila80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This deodorant didn't work for me at all, which is a shame, because I really wanted it to. I'm a sucker for marketing, and the fact that it claims to fight yellow stains appealed to me, because my white shirts always get yellow pits (ew).

I've tried it a few times and every time I wear it it's like I'm excessively sweating, which is definitely opposite of what I want to happen! It always feels wet on my skin. Also this deodorant left a weird film on the armpits of my shirts. I don't have this problem with other deodorants.

I also tried the product in the Daringly Fresh scent, but by the end of the day it always smelled terrible and I found myself reapplying perfume.

For now I will go back to what I was using before trying this product. At least that doesn't adverse effect after using it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2012 9:47:00 AM More reviews by saddle57

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Lady Speed Stick Stain Guard is NOT! At least for me it's not. I went to a job interview hoping this was going to work for me. OMG! My shirt was more wet than when I started out. The powder fresh smell is ok, but for me it just did not deliver. I'm trying really hard to find a deodorant that controls wetness. All of my white t-shirts are stained. I guess my search continues. Oh, by the way... I got the job!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Kidlike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I've been using this for 2 years now, highly effect product and does everything it promises PLUS it actually smells good!

one thing I've noticed about it is that it doesn't handle heat well, I left one home during the summer and when I came back after a month it was unusable.

P.S. temp over here reaches 50c in the summer so not really the products fault.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by p3ischarmed13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This deodorant smells really good, and leaves a silky feel to your underarms. I got a great deal for 2, but I would def repurchase even if it was not on sale, as I really enjoy it and its dirt cheap. Did not leave white marks on my black shirt, which is always nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2011 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Nanashimara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOOOOOOOVE this deodorant. Most deodorants I've tried that say they won't leave marks on black clothes lie (cough-Dove-cough-Secret). This one truly does not leave a single mark on your clothes. It has a great silky texture too. Dove moisturizing solid is more of a thick cream formula, whereas this is a really silky thin lotion texture. Feels great under my arms. I like the scent. It's cheaper than most other drugstore deodorants.

Now I noticed some people say that this deodorant/antiperspirant doesn't quite do it for them. I'd like to point out that this has 10% of the active ingredient, while their other product for ladies (I think it's Invisible Dry) in it, has 15%. I haven't tried that one, but maybe that will work better for those who found this not to be strong enough. I personally use this in conjunction with Certain Dri every other night, but I often forget to apply and this still works fine for me.

I believe that having less of the "staining" active ingredient is why this deodorant claims to be stain resistant. I don't really wear white. I can't comment.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Grachy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Smells amazing, I can wear it with my black shirts, cheap, controls the odor and sweat... what more can I ask? My favorite deodorant by far. Will repurchase as long as its available!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 4:23:00 PM More reviews by arielovesmiles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This deodorant is amazing! I think I only payed $1.99 for it, which is great, because most deodorants are at least $3 it seems like. I didn't get this deodorant because it's a stain guard (don't care about that) but the fact that it SMELLS SO GOOD! Plus it was super CHEAP. On the actual deodorant bottle is says it's 24 hour protection, which is actually true! It seriously does LAST ALL DAY! I didn't think deodorants could do that until I got this one! DEFINITELY BUYING THIS AGAIN!
The ONLY thing I don't like about this stuff is that if you put too much on, you can see it on your armpits... and I don't think any woman likes that. :/ So you only need to put like 2 swipes on.