Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Kook-A-Mango

4.7

on 7/3/2014 7:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is my 'go to' toes colour for Summer 2014!
Price: reasonable and cheaper than the OPI/Essie big girls.
Bottle: Seems good. I'm not a nail expert, so the brush works for me. I'm pretty easy going on nail polish.
Application: two coats for me. First is a little streaky/see through. Second coat locks it down into an opaque, creamy, fiery beauty of a colour.
Wear: I've only done this on toes. With Essie Good to Go Topcoat I get two weeks. With daily yoga.
Colour: So Awesome. Defies description. Fiery Coral? Corally Red? Depending on my outfit, this reads either red or dark orange. Definitely not an orangey, pastelly coral. This is a FIFA World Cup, wishing I was in Brazil, coral.
Repurchase: No, but not the fault of the polish; summer trend only. And I've never actually run out of a nail polish. They last longer than some marriages.

on 9/22/2013 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

What a quirky, sassy coral/orange color this is! I love to wear it with my Revlon Moondrops' lipsticks in both Orange Flip and Blase Apricot. I can't rave enough about the CSM's formulation, shine, and staying power. The extra wide brush makes the application silky and smooth. I use a clear CSM top coat and my nails really look like I have had a complete salon manicure!

on 2/25/2013 8:35:00 PM

This is my favorite nail polish. I swear by the entire SH CSM line because of their staying power. This color grabbed me the second I saw it and never let go. I have at least half the CSM line and this is the one I keep coming back to. It has the punch of red with enough kick to be young and fresh.

on 4/26/2012 5:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Oooou I love this color! It is a reddish orange, a bit to red to be a coral but lovely for spring and summer! I especially love it on toes! OPI's Cajun Shrimp is a dupe, so you definitely don't need both, especially since they equal in quality. I like this brush because it's big and flat, and glides easily acrossy nails! I could probably et away with one coat, but two is perfect, and as a bonus, it dries super fast and looks super glossy! I would definitely repurchase!

on 3/25/2012 10:38:00 PM

SH CSM - KAM is a gorgeous bright coral-orange creme formula. It is a little brighter than most colors I wear, but it was very cheery.
Formula- It applied evenly and rather opaquely. It was a 2-coater for me, but I use slightly thinner coats.
Packaging- I like the bottle, but I have slight issues with the thick round CSM and ID brushes. I'm slowly adjusting so my application will get better.
Wear- I wore this for 7 days with 1 light coat of SH CSM- Hidden Treasure and SH topcoat. There was very light tipwear by Day 3, but it didn't get much worse until Day 6. A couple chips on Day 7 and I took it off.

on 3/14/2012 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been in love with this color for a couple years now. Love the idea of all in one & the color of this is PERFECT for summer. I usually do more than one coat myself, but if you're in a hurry one coat will even do. I think this color looks good on every skin tone. Bottle lasts a long time too!

on 6/16/2011 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This polish is a gorgeous fiery orange. It's not a neon but still is bright enough to catch the eye. I love the Sally Hansen Complete Salons, the bottle looks like pure luxury to me, they feel so heavy and sturdy in the hand. I also am a fan of the wide brush, with it I can cover the nail in 2 strokes and get a perfect even 'gap' by the cuticles. Painting is smooth sailing with this brush, at least to me.

The color Kook-a-Mango (could that name be any cuter??) I thought was a little bit problematic formula-wise. It seemed rather gloopy and I struggled between having too much polish on the brush and too little. However all is well once I've got two coats on, it smoothes out nicely. Love it!

on 7/17/2010 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Great product. The formula rates right up there w/ more expensive "salon" brands, yet is available at most drug stores. This particular color is unique, on my neutral skin it pulls, orange, coral, or red depending on the light, yet it is a creme not a duochrome polish. Only rated it 4 out of 5 for overall rating because I truly hate those overly wide brushes, seriously SH, it could stand to be just a little more narrow.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

OMG what a beautiful color. I just bought this two days ago and I did my nails yesterday and i couldnt wait to post a review about this. First of all i had a horrible experience with the first nail polish (Sheer me now) that i bought from the Complete Salon Manicure line and let me tell you i was not going to try another one since I saw that I didnt really like it, but when I saw this color, it immediately called my attention and I bought it. And let me tell you what a beautiful color you only need two coats and it looks perfect, it dries super fast and the brush is the best i have seen in all the nail polishes that i have.

Popular Polishes