I cannot understand the great reviews for this! I have perfect skin now (after years of acne) so I wanted something light just to diffuse a small amount of redness. This product can barely do that! It's so light it doesn't cover even the tiniest bit of redness it just seems to disappear off my face so there is no point in wearing it. No SPF so no benefit to wearing it at all!
And like another poster reported it is NOT pure at all! Full of toxic ingredients, pore clogging dimethicone for a start. Not cool Natio. Not cool at all. I hate companies that falsely advertise their products.
I'm going to throw this toxic cr*p out. So annoyed I wasted $20 on it.
- lightweight on the skin
- glowy finish
- doesn't feel sticky like other "glowy" foundations
- good amount of product
- poor shade range (only shades for fair-medium skin)
- clings to dry patches if skin is not exfoliated properly
This product ruined my skin, the first time I purchased a cheaper foundation in need of a quick fix.
CONTAINS TOXIC INGREDIENTS!
1. Isopropyl Palmitate; it’s a man-made thickening and emollient agent which is used to make products feel soft and look shiny. HEALTH RISK. Known to clog pores this comedogenic chemical causes flare-ups of pustular acne. The thickness of the chemical deprives the skin of nutrients such as oxygen killing healthy skin cells. This is a cheap way to make products feel nice and last longer but it is unsafe for skin and has been tested on rabbits, indicating the chemical can cause irritations as far as causing dermatitis.
2. Propylene glycol; this is a very secretive ingredient, but if consumed it can do extreme toxic damage to your brain and other organs. Your skin is an organ that absorbs whatever you put on it, of course the amount of chemical in this bottle is too small to emit short term effects.
3. Triethanolamine; Also known as TEA is extremely harmful, known to cause cancer.
4. Magnesium Aluminum Silicate; This is over ruled as a safe product, but during animal testing it caused irritations in rabbits, but not in guinea pigs, so you guess for yourself if that makes a product safe…Many natural companies argue that it is not safe
5. Dimethicone; is a silicone base polymer, this creates a plastic like barrier over skin, trapping in bacteria, sebum and impurities, the coating action prevents skin from breathing, sweating, temperature regulating and sloughing off dead skin cells. Prolonged exposure kills your healthy skin cells and can exacerbate aging.
6. Phenoxyethanol; Suspected reproductive & developmental toxicity; effects from exposure may include headache, eye irritation, tremors & CNS depression; mild irritation on sensitive skin; absorbed via the skin; toxic to the kidneys, the nervous system and the liver; safe as used up to 5%, there is also a and FDA WARNING, this is not safe for consumption, what goes on the face is bound to enter the mouth, eyes or nostrils, internally toxic.
these are only the few ingredients that I am FAMILIAR with but I am shocked to what cosmetic skin care standards are in place in society and the audacity of skin care companies with false advertisement of PURE mineral foundation don't be fooled. Also more than a few ingredients within this particular foundation could either be derived from animals or organism;
Squalane; is naturally derived from sharks and happens to be my least favourite animal derived ingredient. Due to veganism and animal rights.
Disgusted I ever put this on my face. Being all natural myself I am shocked to the terrible symptoms I suffered for up to the 6 weeks after I ceased to use this product.
POSITIVE FEED BACK FOR YOU, please invest in natural products that work with your skin rather than oppress the skin's natural functions. The skin is an organ and needs to be your first priority if you want to look attractive and young in the future, chemicals deteriorate your skin's natural elasticity and healthy skin cells as well as depleting your skins natural oils and nutrients. Organic products are safe for the environment and your body! Edible products are the best and boys will love you for it when they can kiss your cheek without being poisoned.
I love this foundation! I use it as my every day foundation. I use the shade light/medium, and it matches my skin tone perfectly, which I really struggle with. I use one layer just for every day, and two for going out at night time. It lasts ages and doesn't make me break out. I'm onto my third bottle now, and I'm always getting compliments on how good my skin looks, and when I tell people it's just my foundation they can't believe I'm even wearing any!
I love that it's so lightweight, and doesn't make me oily. It's not a longwear foundation but I usually get a good 6-8 hours out of it (with a good primer), and I just touch it up with powder.
The reason I only gave it four stars is that it doesn't work as well without a primer, and I find if I skip primer it does fade a lot faster. It also can't be built to full coverage which I like if I'm having a really bad skin day. But just for a light medium coverage it's perfect
Really love this foundation. It feels good on your skin, like it can actually breathe.
It has a pretty thick consistency and it does take a bit longer to work into your skin, but the end result is worth it. It looks so natural with good coverage. It doesnt leave your skin looking oily and messy at the end of the day.
I used MAC until my skin started hating it and reacting badly to the face and body foundation, so I started on this and my skin loves me so much more for it.
I do set it with MAC mineralize powder though.
I think this foundation does oxidase a bit so a good match in colour is important.
Unfortunately I had run out of my MAC foundation (which was the best foundation I have found for years), but found out they test on animals, so couldn't buy it again. I used a few drug store foundations which I was going to only use in the interim before I figured out a good high quality foundation to use...or saved the money to buy priori again.
I remembered I had used a great liquid foundation from natio before, so marched to the nearest stockist and sadly found it had been discontinued. I bought this one on a whim, not expecting much as I have never found many mineral foundations to be all that moisturising (except priori).
First day I used this I wasn't too impressed as it is a different look. It's not a matt look, which I am used to. It really does give you a luminous glow! I did get used to this (not hard, as it looks great). It has great coverage, is build able and never looks cakey. It keeps my skin moisturised and doesn't settle into any lines under my eyes. My skin looks so healthy and radiant! I actually think I will keep buying this! Really, so happy with it.
I absolutely love this foundation! After Maybelline discontinued their Mineral Power foundation which was the best thing ever, I had to try and find a replacement that was hopefully nearly as good as the Maybelline one. And I am so glad I picked this one to try and find one that even compared. What first drawed me to this product was the huge bottle that you get for an unbelievable price (about $10 less than you would pay for Maybelline and other branded foundations) and the fact that it was a mineral foundation. Also that it claimed to look really natural and make your skin look dewy and luminous. Which it really does. Also the shade that I had picked (the lightest shade) is absolutely perfect for my skin colour. I could talk all day about how much I love this foundation, so I will write down some key things that I love about this product.
What I love about it:
- Looks really natural, makes your skin look soft and glowing
- Gives good coverage
- The price
- Is a pure mineral foundation
- Contains Jojoba, and Vitamins C and E
- Feels really light on your skin
- Huge bottle and product is easily squeezed out (no product wastage)
I would say the only thing I slightly dislike about this product is the smell. It smells a little bit weird when you're applying it, but once you have finished putting it on you can't smell it at all. So it's not really a big deal.
If you're looking for a natural looking foundation that's filled with minerals and plenty of other good things for your skin, then I would definitely recommend this one. The price is great, you gets lots of product and the bottle design makes it a breeze to get the product out.
I recently just started using this foundation. I found it really difficult to pick the right shade as the Natio range caters more for paler skinned people. But I really wanted to try this range so I bought two shades to try to mix and find a colour that would suit my skin tone. However, after using it- my skin really glowed! The coverage was just right for me (I just need light coverage anyway) and it was so light- I couldn't feel that I had any foundation on. An excellent foundation. The smell bothers me but it goes away after a while, but if I didn't like this foundation this much, I might try another foundation just because of the smell.
YES YES YES! so good. The lady put a really thick, full coverage Revlon foundation on half of my face and it looked and felt terrible, oily and cakey at the same time. I got the Natio mineral foundation liquid without even trying it because I was sick of trying crap on so I just bought it. I am so glad I did. It is watery in a GOOD way, does not feel oily nor clammy. It has made my skin lovely and dewy, even and pretty. The coverage isn't major, but you know, I would rather have less coverage and overall great skin with dewy and even tone than have full coverage and a cakey/gross looking face. Cheap too. I highly recommend this
FABULOUS FOUNDATION!! EVEN BETTER PRICE!!
I was using Infallible 18hr wear for about 3-4years. But now that I have a few wrinkles on my forehead, under my eyes and sides of my eyes the dry matte look is not flattering as it just makes these wrinkles stand out! Also my skin has become quite dry.
Nation mineral liquid foundation is a lifesaver! It acts as a second moisturizer for my dry skin, it doesn't accentuate my wrinkles because it doesn't dry-up around/in them (in fact it makes them less apparent) and also it LASTS ALL DAY! I work 8hrs a day + gym, and it is still good. I do recommend using a finishing powder - this helps it set and last for the day.
Best of all = SPF30 = prevents wrinkles in the future