December 22, 2014 | 1740 users online

Polishes - Sephora - by OPI Havana Dreams

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by jusch_box

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Why is everyone being so nice about this nail polish?? It doesn't matter how pretty the color is in the bottle if the formula is bad. This is one of the worst nail polishes I've tried, which is very disappointing for OPI or $OPI - most of their polishes are wonderful. I don't even understand in the first place why they would make a sheer pastel blue creme? It just doesn't make sense... this needs to be opaque to look good. I had to layer on 4(!) coats to get a nice solid sky blue, which then began to ship within 12 hours of application. What a waste of time and polish. I'm so glad only had a mini bottle... would never repurchase or recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by joljoley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the color of this nail polish. It's a gorgeous baby blue. The only downside is that it's really sheer and needs at least 3 coats to be opaque. Keep in mind, however, that it's actually marketed as a sheer polish (check sephora.com!). The only reason why I wouldn't buy this again is because I regret not doing my research beforehand. I didn't expect a blue polish to be so sheer...I thought only nudes and light pinks were supposed to do that. I kind of have no use for this particular polish because I never have the patience to apply three coats... However, the formula of the polish in general is really great and I would buy this in other colors. Some other cons include the outrageous price and the relatively small brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 3:19:00 AM More reviews by RachaelSpiffy

This is a pretty creamy sky blue color. It needs 3 coats to go opaque but, dries rather quick. Great polish overall.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 3:57:00 AM More reviews by xleahcarx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Three coats and then it was opaque. It drys pretty quick so thats great! I really love this color it is soooo pretty. It is like a baby blue... I just seriously like to look at my nails because the color is so gorgeous.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by hello2belle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have mixed feelings about this, because I love the color, but you have to put on three layers or more to actually get the full effect. It tends to be somewhat streaky so painting your nails take longer than usual. If you don't want them to be opaque you have to put a couple of layers on. But it might seem okay once you get the hang of it.

I've gotten a lot of compliments from friends and strangers telling me how pretty the color is. Definitely try it if you have the patience of applying multiple coats.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2011 2:17:00 AM More reviews by gnomixa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, I paid 12 CAD + tax for it and at this price it's not worth it; it's 9USD in US but still to pricey for such mediocre quality. Seriously? This is thick, streaky and just horribly hard to apply. The color is lovely, but it took THREE layers to get an even opaque nail. This is my first Sephora by OPI and most likely be my last. I gave it a generous three lippies cause of the color. Even my hubby loves it and no fan of weird blue nails.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by mlang11

Love this nail polish!

2 coats made it 98% opaque. I am really impressed with its staying power. Would definitely buy Sephora Opi polish again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by OHSHIEEET

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this polish. The color is a beautiful baby blue. The polish itself is sheer, but I only needed 2 coats to make it opaque (however, I usually apply a pretty thick 2nd coat). The staying power is excellent. I'm pissed it's a limited edition shade!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 9:10:00 AM More reviews by delphinium83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this color...it's a nice way to brighten things up in the winter and I received a lot of compliments when I wore it last week. It is a light sky blue and when used with a base and top coat will last a week. I had to use 3 coats to make it opaque, but since it states on the sephora site that it is a "sheer pale sky blue" I expected that.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Astera

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this shade, so baby blue! I love how it doesn't bubble or look gross after it dries (compared to my um... really cheap polishes like N.Y.Color). The staying power is amazing, I can wear it for at least 5 days WITHOUT a top coat. :O Amazing right? I love this color, but it's a limited edition. I'll probably get bored with it by the time I finish the bottle so its no big deal really. Definitely a year round shade though! Love, love, love this brand. I will be shelling out more $$ for Sephora by OPI, that is how impressed I am with the quality!