October 25, 2014 | 1692 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Remington - Smooth & Silky Epilator Kit EP 6025

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2014 2:17:00 AM More reviews by goldenjoy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the same one as the picture. I've been epilating with this exact one (which was the first one I ever purchased) for about three years now. I didn't realize how great this one was until I tried an emjoi one and hated it. The Remington has a great shape so that it is easy to grasp and the tip is curved to fit curves beautifully. The tweezers grabbed hair easily and quickly. great for underarms, arms and legs. This model is rechargeable but now I only use while plugged in since it doesn't work otherwise. There is also a smaller attachment for face but after using it once I stopped since my skin was too sensitive. I wish this had a light in it so it was easy to see the hair. Now I'm using a Braun model and love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by SophieH

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was surprised to see this product listed on MUA, and even more surprised to see it had bad reviews. You see, I am a fiendishly serious epilator user. I have tried all of them--the Emjois, the Brauns, the Phillips, everything. Usually I get the most expensive epilator in each line--the one with all the bells and whistles and promises. And yet, nothing has performed better, longer, and more reliably than this (formerly) midrange Remington.

I say "formerly" midrange because this epilator is now being sold on Ebay for $200-500--or a mere $75 if you want someone's used one. And guess what? I am actually considering buying one, now that my own has finally given up.

This product has 2 speed settings. It comes with a special head for tiny areas. The main head, though, is seriously great. It somehow just fits every body contour like a charm. You don't need to do contortions to make this work. Just hold it roughly where you want hair gone, wait, and the hair will be gone.

I am seriously tolerant of epilator pain by now, but if I had to guess, I'd say this one is below average on the pain scale.

It works either corded or cordless. The setup is extremely simple, practical, and easy.

It grabs hairs that the eye can't see. Not all of them on the first pass, but all of them after 3 or 4 passes at various angles.

I have had this since about 2011 and have used it *intensively* since then. I absolutely take it out every day to do touchups here and there--and it has been everywhere wax has been, and beyond.

The one small drawback is that it's a bit difficult to clean thoroughly. The epilator head can be submerged, but the body can't. So you basically have to use alcohol or an antibacterial wipe for that part. But as long as you're not fussy, it's no big deal.

Want a workhorse epilator? Get this! And then tell me where you found it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by summerrain1994

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow! Now I don't have the exact epilator as the one shown, mine is rounded with a cord and turquoise, but I really don't think it matters which one you have.

I got this for Christmas about two years ago, and used it for awhile on my underarms and legs. However, I found it extremely painful on my underarms, and didn't get all the hair on my legs (no matter how many times I went over it). So for a long time my epilator kind of just sat around in my closet, unused.

Now, HERE's where I found it's best use (for ME!). I have a big date coming up and wanting to "clean up" my downstairs area... if you know what I mean. WOW! Yes, it hurts... but after taking a hot bath, trimming the hair down, and exfoliating, I actually love my bikini/etc area less painful than my legs and underarms! I used it mainly around the top and around the back area (if you know what I mean)... and am SO impressed. You just have to find the right angle to get the hair and suck up the pain. I wore a pair of thong underwear just to protect all my *bits*, as getting those stuck in that rotating head might be a bit painful... no issues with tugging, ripping skin, etc. Just be careful! SO HAPPY!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Desireec727

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So....I'm kind of on the fence about this epilator. It's the first one I've ever purchase and I got it on Amazon for I believe around $50.00. This is kind of embarrassing but I let my leg hair grow out for about 5 days because I wanted it to be long enough for the epilator to grab onto. The sound is absolutely horrifying. Like...I contemplated just sending it back and going back to shaving when I heard the sound. But my boyfriend called me a wuss and tried it on a small spot on his leg. He said it hurt but it wasn't all of that. I'm not one to really inflict pain on myself so I had my boyfriend do it. The first 10 minutes involved me screaming bloody murder and yanking my leg away. It was like mini lightning bolts hitting my leg simultaneously. It was torture. My boyfriend gave up after the 10 minutes but I was determined to finish. So I continued by myself. My leg started to go numb after a while and it was bareable then. It took me about 20 minutes to do the lower part of one leg and then it died which I expected because apparently it comes half charged. So I just plugged it into the wall and finished the next leg. I used it on both the high and low setting and to me there really wasn't much of a difference. By the time I was done, the pores where the hair had been ripped out were definitely red and swollen but nothing too crazy. Only thing is, my skin definitely wasn't smooth. I had missed about 1/3 on the hairs on my legs. So what I plan to do is, shave. And then wait about 2 days and epilate again just so the hairs will be shorter because I think 5 days worth of growth was a bit too much. I really want to like this epilator and hopefully after I do my plan I will. But to answer the main question everyone is looking for...it hurts like nothing you've every felt before. Desireesbeautyblog.Blogspot.com. MaryKay.com/dchristian315

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by coldplayjan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

guys im someone who has thick hair that grows backs practically the next day even after i jus got it waxed. Anyways this product is amazinn it takes off even the small hairs fairly quickly and gives u a smooth finish. Btw when i first used it i tought it didnt work well at all and then i dunno why i turned it over flipped it around n used it and found it tweezed really well like dat! so u guys move it around twist n turn it untill u feel it plucking the hair out! btw if u have pimples it doesnt break dem either! its a realli gud buy and u save money in the long run! highly recommended!! =)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by kateybrooke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've never used an epilator before. I saw this in the store, went home and researched epilating a bit, and decided to buy it.

Let me start by saying I have very fine hair, and not much of it. I generally only shave on days when I'll be wearing a skirt, and otherwise, you can't see the hair on my legs, but you can feel it. (I have zero hair on my arms, but I have a little near by bikini line which I will probably eventually use this on.)

The first time I used this epilator, I had shaved about 5 days ago, which is fairly usual for me, and that means I had a bit of visible hair, less than a centimeter in length. I took two excedrin about an hour before, and decided to try it out first on the top of my big toe (there's usually a bit of hair there.) It removed the hair with minimal pain, so I moved to my knee area. The more I removed, I got braver. It didn't hurt very much and seemed to be performing pretty well, so I did both legs, from knee to ankle. It got a little pinchy around the ankles and under my knees, but other than that it was easier than shaving for me.

Afterwards I rubbed a towel in circles around my skin to exfoliate, and I rubbed a gentle toner and some lotion over my legs. My legs are completely visibly smooth, and they feel MUCH smoother to the touch. I can feel the newest growth still, but I predict that in about 5 more days, I will do it again, and by that time, the hair will be long enough to be removed by this device.

The device is corded, so you need to be near an outlet to use it. Again, it's the only epilator I've ever used so I can't compare it to others, but it was easy enough for me. For someone with coarser hair, I might not recommend it, as I would imagine it would hurt more.

In short, I wish I had tried this years ago!!! Eventually I want to get brave enough to do my underarms.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this epliator because I thought it would be worth not shaving so often. In the early 90's I received an Epilady that felt like torture, but worked, nonetheless. I have bald patches on my legs, to which I credit the Epilday.

This, however, didn't work for me. I'm not very hairy at all, but I guess my hairs are too fine for the epilator to pick up. It takes a long time to do just one leg and by the time I'm finished, my legs still feel a little prickly, not smooth. I understand that some hairs won't get caught by the machine, but it seems that a lot of them don't get caught. The packaging states that after a couple of months of use, you will be hair-free for up to 4 weeks, but I'm finding myself using this weekly.

Pain wise, on the legs this is a little uncomfortable--nothing like that old Epilady--but bearable. On the sensitive areas, i.e., underarms and bikini line, it does hurt.

I won't repurchase one of these, but I'll continue to use it in combination with shaving.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Neume

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really, desperately, genuinely wanted this to work for me. I have very stubborn, thick coarse body hair and the thought of having it expelled from my legs, arms, and underarms sounded heavenly. I have a high tolerance to pain so thay wasn't and issue. It just feels like tiny pinches, almost like rubber bands snapping on your skin.

What very much upset me about this epilator is that IT TOOK FOREVER to remove my body hair. Seriously I went at it for 2 hours to do legs and arms and it didn't pick up all the hair. I still had small bits of stubble no matter how many times I went over the area. Yes I exfoliated well beforehand and followed the box directions on top of additional tips off the internet and Youtube.
Worse yet, my hair was back in 3 days...nowhere near the week as promised. Either my hair grows at ludicrous speed or the epilator was only snapping the hairs off and not actually pulling them our.

After a month of honest endeavor, I finally returned it. I shaved my legs the next day and breathed a sigh if relief to have perfectly smooth skin again.

As to not discredit the positive reviews, I'm assuming you'll have better luck if your hair isn't as thick and coarse as mine.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2011 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Marasy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am new to epilating and was so desperate to try something else that I bought the Remington without reading reviews and because it was the cheapest ($60) at my Target. The reason I became so desperate is because I have had an issue with my legs becoming incredibly itchy for three years now. I did not know what was going on with them but I thought I had some sort of eczema except the descriptions I read online were not matching up to my symptoms. I mentioned to my doctor that my legs were very itchy and without looking at them she prescribed a $30 small bottle of lotion that did not help. I switched soaps, tried no soap at all and still they were itchy. My legs were also getting large raised sores that itched. On top of that, I was scratching them and leaving scabs and red areas on my legs. I cut up some of my dad's old socks and put them on my legs to keep myself from scratching. I had just bought maxi dresses because I was starting to accept that my legs were hopeless.

This is all recent, in fact my legs are not healed yet from all the damage that I and apparently a razor have done to them. Finally on a visit with my brother he noticed I was scratching again and took a look at my legs. He exclaimed 'Oh, that's how my face looks when I use a straight razor.' Apparently our hair grows in so thick that it irritates the skin (making it unbearably itchy) and causes ingrowns, leading to those large sores I was getting. He recommended that I try something that would make the hair grow in finer, like waxing or maybe even an electric razor since that was what he was using on his face. It doesn't seem to cause as much razor burn as a straight razor for him.

So I just bought the Remington last Thursday, used it the same day and now it is Monday. I think there may be hope. I used this on my legs as soon as I got home, and it did take while and did hurt. (My legs had a weeks' growth at the time so I was especially furry). This so far has not caused any horrible itching, though it has only been a couple of days. While this does not make my legs feel as smooth as a razor since it can't seem to grab the tiny invisible stubble, it makes my legs look better than they ever have with shaving. With shaving my legs would always have that dark hair under the skin look, and it wouldn't feel particularly good either, the hair would break the surface within about 24 hours. So lots of planning ahead with outfits, and actually this summer I have worn shorts only once in public, dresses maybe three times. And I live in the desert, where it really is too hot to wear jeans year round.

I tried this on my arms and underarms as well, and boy is it painful, at least this first time. But my arms turned out pretty smooth and my underarms very smooth as well. It has been 4 days and I don't need to epilate my underarms again yet. This is a miracle for me. Before I could get away with one day of going sleeveless, then would have to wait two days to shave because the hair would grow in fast but be too short to shave without major irritation.

So overall, this epilator is potentially a life saver. I will have to wait and see what happens when the hair removed by the epilator grows in again, if it will be incredibly itchy as before. I have been doing touch ups on the hair that is still growing in from when I shaved a week before and so far I have not been itchy. I am making sure to exfoliate well since removing hair from below the surface can lead to more ingrown hair, but I already had that problem with shaving. I guess my whole point is: if you are having issues with shaving, try the epilator. It is a bit time consuming and painful (at least initially) but a more long lasting solution. And no dark shadow on your armpits and legs!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by theroseoncloud9

THis is for the 6010. I have never tried epilating before, so I picked this up because i am so sick of shaving everyday and thought id give it a whirl. It took FOREVER to do just my calves, probably because my hair was too short to begin with, so I guess Ill wait til it grows out to do it again. HOWEVER, I wanted to see if it would work wonders on my bikini line...it did! It hurt like hell, but it is VERY worth the pain. I hate waxing because of the mess and the price, and this thing removed EVERY single hair I wanted it to down there and yes it will turn red and bumpy but thats expected immediately. Put some bikini zone medicated cream on it and the next day it will be gone. I also have a small happy trail on my belly and it took care of that too. Just hold your skin very taut.

Overall, if you have the patience then it will probably work on long leg hair, but I would rather use it for bikini, underarms, belly, and possibly upper lip. If you are brave enough and hate shaving the bikini line then try this and dont forget the bikini zone.