January 30, 2015 | 1896 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous Million Lashes

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2015 6:33:00 PM More reviews by nlutes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first rubber-type wand mascara I've ever actually liked. And I like it quite a bit!

I have been disappointed with every single rubber-want I've tried until now. Something about that type of wand just generally doesn't agree with my lashes (I'm looking at you, cover girl lash blasts). As a reference - my lashes are long, very curly, and fairly thin. I usually require something that both lengthens and thickens and is buildable. L'oreal Voluminous Carbon Black, Lancome Hypnose and Diorshow blackout are in my regular rotation.

Pros:
- good thickening and lengthening and definition
- buildable
- good, dark colour
- doesn't require many coats

Cons:
- minor con -- can result in lashes sticking together if not careful
- not as buildable as other mascaras (e.g. regular voluminous)

Although I prefer the regular Voluminous formula and the traditional brush to this one, I really like how I can get good thickness and definition quite quickly and easily with the Million Lashes. It's not as buildable as it dries a bit harder, but if I see it on sale I will definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2015 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Hexena

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been looking for a decent mascara for years and I'm very picky about it. I have thin blondish lashes so its hard to build them properly without making them look over done and ridiculous. I've paid up to $30 for mascaras. Some of which were very nice, however, when I read reviews somewhere else on this mascara, I figured I'd give it a try. Wow... it does exactly what I've been wanting mascara to do for me for years! It lengthens, builds and separates beautifully. And I don't have to put multiple coats on for it to do what I want it to do. I'm so glad I don't have to spend $25-$30 on mascara anymore. This does the trick!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2015 4:01:00 PM More reviews by bestscreennameever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my fave d/s mascara. I have purchased it several times in black and black brown and had similar results with each (minus the color, of course). It gives a bit of volume plus lengthens and separates wonderfully. I usually use 2 coats (though I do this with every mascara). I have not had any issues of spider lashes or flakes. I can't help but wonder if the at least some of the bad reviews might refer to the waterproof version by mistake. I accidentally purchased the waterproof version once, and it was awful. It didn't separate well, and it did indeed flake. My hairdresser said she had the exact same experience with the regular vs. waterproof versions. I did take off one lippie as I feel the product seems to dry out fairly quickly in the container. However, I have bought multiple times and will continue to do so.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2015 3:36:00 PM More reviews by sara578

I just tried it and it's amazing!!!!! It really defines and separates, but most of all gives amazing length!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2015 6:53:00 PM More reviews by 4truth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a new drugstore mascara and seen quite a few YouTubers that use this stuff. It also looked like there were a lot of positive reviews of it on here, so I decided to check it out. Well... this mascara was a complete disappointment for me.

Pros:
- buildable without clumping
- well designed wand that allows you to get into the inner corner lashes

Cons:
- requires *at least* 3 coats to achieve any length or volume
- transferred to the brow bone within 2 hours
- flakes bad

This is by far the worst mascara formula I've used in a long time. For comparison, the other mascaras I'm currently using include Benefit They're Real, Maybelline Lash Discovery, and Avon Big Daring Lashes. This L'Oreal mascara is going to get tossed after only a half dozen or so uses... It's that bad.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2015 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Amalielv

This is very flaky. It's hard to apply and there is a lot of cheaper mascaras out there and they're much better.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2015 5:08:00 PM More reviews by jasminecjones

Dont waste your money unless you like the look of think spiky lashes because that's what this does. Definitely a waste of money! Stick with maybelline! There is NOTHING volumizing about this mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2015 1:55:00 PM More reviews by playboy_mommy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was so looking forward to trying this mascara after Wayne Goss recommended it. Finally due for a new mascara, I bought this in black brown (I've noticed pure blacks are becoming too harsh on my small eyes as I get older).
Maybe the brown black is a different formula than the black that other reviewers are using, because this gave me instant spider- leg lashes, clumping them together into spikes (the opposite of the "million" lashes effect). I tried combing through with a lash comb, but that took away any volume, and worst of all, it flaked like CRAZY. Tiny flakes appeared all over my cheekbones and around the outside corner of my eyes. I swept them away, thinking maybe it was the lash comb creating all the fall out, and that it wouldn't continue to flake... nope. Within a few seconds, little flakes started appearing under me eyes again.
Even though this was on sale, I'm returning it. Worthless.

I will be sticking with my tried & true regular Voluminous mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2015 5:26:00 PM More reviews by drugstorequeeen

This mascara was such a mistake.. The worst part is probably the smell, not to mention the fact that the consistency is still way too liquidy even after a couple weeks of use. The brush does not separate the lashes, in fact it does the opposite. It takes several coats just to get an effect.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2015 10:28:00 AM More reviews by linklicious

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara separates my lashes and lengthens them nicely. It holds the curl all day for me. It doesn't clump and gives a good amount of volume. Why I won't repurchase this? Because it flakes.Badly. I am constantly checking if I have black dots on my face and almost always do. Not a pretty look and kind of annoying.