September 2, 2014 | 1659 users online

Concealers - Ellis Faas - Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 9:55:00 AM More reviews by hay_guise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

For reference, im NC50 in MAC. I was looking for a lightweight concealer with staying powder for my under eye area. Ive tried and use several like NARS radiant creamy concealer, It cosmetic, MAC, Bobbi Brown corrector and i like the Ellis Faas and NARS best. I use the NARS more only because its a little less expensive while the EF is used for special occasions. The main reason i love the EF is that it doesnt give flashback in pictures. It stays on all day and doesnt cake like some under eye concealers do!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 5:10:00 AM More reviews by wonderbuy

This is a great concealer but its high maintenance. It took me ages to work out the best way to use this so but once you have got it, it does not budge. I would say its med coverage and does not layer well. You have one go to get it right and the minute you start adjusting it, it will go cakey. To get the optimum results use on non-primed skin so as to make it adhere well. Use a generous amount to spread and finish, you have to work quickly. Once it sets, do not put anything on top since it will look cakey and over done. Best used before foundation just make sure not to disturb it too much once it goes on. I never use the brush and apply directly to a concealer brush. It does need sanitising often to keep it hygenic. If there is one thing that could go a long way to improve this product, it would be the delivery system, no brush, no fuzzy applicator, it should be a narrow squeeze nozzle, something where the product can't dry in when not in use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by ilymed2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

S202 is a great color for my summer skin (around NC 25). Almost medium coverage, which is suitable for my under eyes and slight blemishes. Doesn't sink into fine lines and fairly long wearing. Luminous and comparable to NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, which is my winter concealer. Brush needs work though; overtime it splays. One star taken off for the brush and high price.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Gjones7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This concealer is very natural looking. Great for everyday wear. It's super light, moisturising and blendable. Definitely not one of those cakey concealers. I bought this after I found out that the nars creamy concealer wasn't in stock and the sales assistant was just raving about this product. It gives a nice brightness under the eye. Not great for pimples or blemishes because I find that it doesn't give enough coverage so I have to reapply the concealer to these problem areas. The packaging is gorgeous, but the bristles of the brush get mangled inside the tube if your not careful. I would buy again. But the two downsides of this product are the price, and how the brush gets messed up inside the tube.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2013 6:53:00 AM More reviews by Nemea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have tried 20+ different undereye concealers, and still, I can't resist a good hype, so I simply had to try this one when I discovered that Ellis Faas makeup was available from Beautybay. Well, it has received very good rating, but I am not totally satisfied. I fair an neutral (leaning cool, around N13 (lighter than MAC NW15), and bought the lightest colour, which supposedly is neutral in tone. However, I found it slightly too yellow, while I prefer my undereye concealers to be slightly pinky, because of its brightening properties. The texture is really light and pigmented, comparable to Guerlain Precious Light concealer, which is my HG concealer for the undereye area. But in contrast to Precious Light, this one doesn't dry down/set on me, and even with powder, I find that it creases quite badly within few minutes. I will probably use it now and then, and be annoyed that I bought it...

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2013 3:22:00 AM More reviews by LTcurlygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this in the lightest shade on Sephora's website, 201, and it ended up being too light for my nc15 skin (under eye area). I loved the formula, so I made the color work by mixing it with a darker concealer (armani corrector). The two main issues I have with this product is that 1.) TERRIBLE packaging. The clicker pen is so inconsistent in terms of how much product comes out, I would get so frustrated and just dread using the product. 2) there is very little product in the packaging for the price. I'm trying By Terry next.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Dianaphamfatale

So far, this has been a great product. The concealer is pretty much perfect for my skin - tone wise. I love how light it is and how it does really well at covering blemishes.
HOWEVER... the packaging is appalling! It comes in a twist pen style and it seems that I have to keep twisting it for any product to come out. Sometimes I twist it for a very long time and nothing comes out despite being new.

There's been a lot of reviewers saying some pens are faulty, but mine looks fine... just not much product being released from it. If Ellis Faas changes the packaging, I might reconsider buying it.

It's quite pricy and you don't get very much for your buck.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by cherriesandpie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This concealer is totally awesome! It looks 100% like skin (undetectable in texture and colour), yet skin that is incredibly smooth and healthily radiant (not a sparkle fest). It's long wearing (7ish hours), and has pretty much full coverage which is amazing considering how undetectable it is. Great for undereye and acne; and no ingredients will break you out/irritate your skin :). It's also a great price considering the quality! I also love the packaging - it's sleek and pretty ^_^! I definitely think they sorted the packaging out; as product comes out fine; quickly and in a good amount. HG!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by dblou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this in s202 tho i think s201 would have worked too. The colour is somehow really weird and looked sooo dark i was, again sure that it'd never look good on me. But it turned out to blend into my skin quite well. But another weird thing is im not sure if it conceals that well. I mean i apply it and i can see the the stuff coming out of the pen but when i blend i feel my under eye area looks as bad as before the product. So i'm not really sure if i like this or not. Consistency is good but it gets stuck on fine lines a bit, like practically all the concealers. I dunno if the lighter shade would work better for me but for now i'm so not gonna purchase another one!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Emma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm afraid I am also going to reiterate what others have said: best concealer ever; terrible brush. The quality and consistency and tone of the concealer is remarkable: it has excellent coverage (covered a horrible, red, painful pimple as well as a scab) yet feels light, smooth and easily blendable. Almost as light and silky as Dior Skin, which I had been using prior to this. But the color in Diorskin Nude is slightly too orange or tan for my pink-olive skin, whereas the Ellis Faas gets is right: the perfect cool beige with a hint of rose for my oddly blue-undertoned golden skin. I just wish there were a better applicator--I hate click-brushes. They are impossible to clean, and this one is now permanently splayed every which way. I have to click the product, put it on my hand, and use my own tiny concealer brush to apply it. Why can't we go back to the old fashioned model--before click brushes, and before doe-foot applicators, when you could have a small brush at the end of a stick in the cap, and a reservoir when you screwed it back in, like liquid eyeliners. Bourjois used to have a concealer like this, and it was a delight to use. It gave you so much more control over the product.

Since Faas has based her entire line on the click-brush, it is not likely that she will change any time soon, but here's hoping. I purchased my concealer at Liberty in the UK, where it cost a full $10 less than it does in America. I will probably repurchase at full, imported price when I run out. It's that good a product, I'm even willing to overlook the hideousness of the packaging.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No