October 31, 2014 | 1403 users online

Concealers - Smashbox - Second Skin Long Wear Concealer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2012 8:19:00 AM More reviews by DaniDeelish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

****ABOUT MY UNDER EYES****
I have horrible, blue-ish purple hereditary dark circles, but this is my HG under eye concealer!
***PROS****
--This is labeled as a waterproof concealer. I think it is a little more water-resistant rather than waterproof (as it does come off pretty easily when I try to remove it with a makeup wipe or makeup remover), but it is definitely very long lasting!
--Has medium-full coverage, IMO, and it is very pigmented! So it will cover pretty much everything.
--Has a thin consistency, so it doesnít look cakey, but still has amazing coverage!
--Only need the tiniest bit! I use about Ĺ of the size of a single grain of rice (that is enough to cover up my dark circles under BOTH of my eyes!
--This doesnít crease, cake or dry out my under eye area nearly as much as any other concealer does! It still does crease a little, EVERY concealer will (itís impossible for a concealer to be 100% crease-free) but it hardly does at all!
--The price is decent. I bought this for around $20, and considering a little goes such a long way, it will last ages!
****CONS****
--Not that many colours available. If you are lighter than an NC15 by MAC, I donít think you will find a colour option (the lightest colour is around NC15-20 by MAC I think)
--Tends to oxidize a little bit (hardly though)
****BOTTOM LINE****
I recommend this to everyone! I will definitely re-purchase it until I find something better (highly unlikely)! I tend to use the light shade in winter, and the medium shade in the summer (I only use concealer under my eyes). LOVE IT!!!! Please never discontinue it smashbox!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by shorty1996

I love this concealer! It's very hard to find a good waterproof concealer, that still covers while i'm in the pool. I come out of the water, and my acne is still covered! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by katiexkaboom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this concealer in the Smashbox FAQ's Color Collection through QVC. I already had a concealer but tried this anyway and have to say that this is my HG under eye concealer. Does a great job on the eyes and dark circles. Not as long lasting on blemishes though. Would definitely buy again adn would recommend to anyone who needs to brighten up their eyes or conceal dark cirlces!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2011 9:30:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i havent written reviews in a long time but i had to for this product. i had great results with this concealer. I got the medium. I have light olive complexion, NC30. This covered my circles all day and didnt cake into fine lines at all. LOVE it! it has great coverage and stayed on all day long. i will definately be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2010 9:43:00 AM More reviews by leslie1125

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been looking for any makeup that will stand up to my oily skin. This product works! I use it as a concealer and eye primer and I must say, my eyeshadow stays on all day until I take it off! It may emphasize fine lines under my eyes but it may also be the moisturizer there. I bought it in Light which works for under my eyes though it's a little light to conceal areas on my face. I will be ordering Medium. As a reference, I'm light to medium toned skin (NW25 summer/NW20 winter). Also, very little goes a long way!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2010 12:59:00 PM More reviews by reddplanet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What good is a concealer when it doesn't actually conceal anything?

You're right, it's NO GOOD! This stuff is sheer, runny, and pathetic. It doesn't cover anything, and it's really not very "waterproof" or longwearing. It lasted MAYBE an hour on me, and that was 8 LAYERS around my eyes to barely make a dent in my circles.

For $30 it should have a little more going for it but it doesnt and it went back.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by mighttango

Have tried to conceal sunspots with no luck...Heard/ordered this on QVC, it is a WATERPROOF concealer, which I had never tried before. I used the Light shade. After foundation, used a tiny brush to apply product. You can layer this. It stays in place very well. Packaging did not mail well, the crimped end of the tube broke open, ugh.