August 21, 2014 | 1994 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Cork

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2014 1:49:00 AM More reviews by peachykeen01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Good basic staple eyeshadow tang everyone should own! I use it as a crease color for an everyday natural look, also works good for eyebrows. I just hit pan recently and will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Kifmaster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this shadow as a brow color, crease color or transition/blending color. It works great on my nc40 skin, is nicely pigmented and textured, no fall out and blends well. plus i love all mac packaging, sleek and classic.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 9:37:00 AM More reviews by harrup

I owned this shadow for quite some time and used it infrequently but it really has grown on me. Initially I was a tad underwhelmed. My perception was that it was an ok, matte ( took me years to realise it was satin!), neutral, mid brown shadow. My verdict would have been "Alright but boring". But by now it is the shadow I reach for most often when I need to dash but want to look groomed, understated and polished.

Pairs very well with virtually any other lighter or darker brown. I can't see any hints of red/orange when I wear it although it looks quite warm toned in the pan. It's a fuss free everyday, goes with anything kind of colour. I've lent it to my nieces who have blue eyes and brown eyes and it looked fab on both ( they both loved it and instantly put it on their birthday wish list).

I deducted a lippie because, compared to many other MAC shadows, I find it is a relatively "loose pressed" powdery shadow, meaning you get a fair amount of fallout from the brush when applying it. And unless you use a primer, I find it creases more and quicker than some other shadows. All the same it is a VERY versatile, beautiful colour.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2014 8:42:00 PM More reviews by JMG2012

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am Korean and medium skin tone--I use Dior Skin in 040 Honey Beige or LM Tinted Moisturizer in Sand or Beige in BB foundation or Tom Ford Traceless Foundation Stick Bisque.

Cork is a true medium brown that I thought I could use as a transition color but it is a bit too dark; UD Naked single eyeshadow is a lighter and more versatile true brown.

My typical eye is UD Sin OR Toasted, Roach, Busted, Zephyr (hihglight) with Naked as the transition color.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by kblimm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect transition color. The lady at the MAC counter suggested this for making my smoky eye look a little more blended. I apply this in my crease before I start using my darker crease colors. For a less drastic daytime look, I use this alone in the crease with a matte beige on the lid.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 12:19:00 PM More reviews by lidyachu

This product is so versatile. I use it as my everyday eyeshadow for a bit of definition, and it looks natural. I also use it for my eyebrow sometimes, and it looks great too. I've been using this shade for almost two years now, and I haven't hit the pan yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by SarahSally

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very nice grayish brown. Lasts forever with primer (more than 12 hours). I usually wear with ricepaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by emmalybtch

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I use this almost everyday. No matter what look I do, I always start with this color. It acts as a transition and crease color in one step. Yes, it's a basic medium matte brown, but I will always keep repurchasing this

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

Gorgeous, neutral matte brown shade. I love using this in the crease, especially with bright shades as it tones them down and makes them very wearable. It applies smoothly and evenly on my eyelids and blends out well. I like it better than Urban Decay's 'Buck', purely for the fact it's deeper in colour and a touch warmer. It's also darker and deeper than MAC's 'Wedge' eyeshadow. Great pigmentation and one of those 'boring' staples everyone needs in their collection; they often end up being the most used daily!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

Cork is one of those eye shadows that will work on anyone. It's the perfect neutral brown with golden undertones the satin formula which is my favorite of all the Mac formulas. I use Cork with Soba, Bamboo, Shroom, Ricepaper, and a few others, it really works well with Texture as well. These shadows look and perform their best when used with Mac's brushes, they are well worth the money, they are durable and most important of all they apply and blend eye shadows the way they should be.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No