MAC Satin - Cork

4.5

on 1/6/2015 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I use this as a crease colour. Very nice complimentary shade on my NC40 skin tone. Only downside is I have to scrape the top of the eyeshadow to get the product out on the brush.

on 12/13/2014 3:43:00 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE this color! So versatile. I use it for contouring on my jawline, cheeks, and eyes. Also great for helping to shape my eyebrows, leaving them looking natural since it's a powder.

on 11/1/2014 1:58:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I do use this as a cooler-toned crease color for a neutral eye, but Cork gets far more use as a brow powder. I use this daily for the outer half of my brows (with MAC Omega on the inner half) and have received several compliments on them over the years. I apply with an angled brush.

Pros:
* amazing brow color for darker blonde brows
* smooth application
* blendable on brows
* very long-lasting
* generous amount of product
* fits well in many palettes (I purchased the standalone pan)

Cons:
* a bit dry; can be harder to blend as a crease color

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

The eyeshadow itself is great, it's creamy and pigmented. However, it turned orange on my eyes and that isn't a look I'd want on an everyday basis. $16 for an eyeshadow I won't wear is too much for me to not take it back. I would recommend this to some darker skinned warm toned people, my lighter skin just made it pull a weird color.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Good basic staple eyeshadow tang everyone should own! I use it as a crease color for an everyday natural look, also works good for eyebrows. I just hit pan recently and will repurchase.

on 6/16/2014 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

I love this shadow as a brow color, crease color or transition/blending color. It works great on my nc40 skin, is nicely pigmented and textured, no fall out and blends well. plus i love all mac packaging, sleek and classic.

on 4/17/2014 9:37:00 AM

I owned this shadow for quite some time and used it infrequently but it really has grown on me. Initially I was a tad underwhelmed. My perception was that it was an ok, matte ( took me years to realise it was satin!), neutral, mid brown shadow. My verdict would have been "Alright but boring". But by now it is the shadow I reach for most often when I need to dash but want to look groomed, understated and polished.

Pairs very well with virtually any other lighter or darker brown. I can't see any hints of red/orange when I wear it although it looks quite warm toned in the pan. It's a fuss free everyday, goes with anything kind of colour. I've lent it to my nieces who have blue eyes and brown eyes and it looked fab on both ( they both loved it and instantly put it on their birthday wish list).

I deducted a lippie because, compared to many other MAC shadows, I find it is a relatively "loose pressed" powdery shadow, meaning you get a fair amount of fallout from the brush when applying it. And unless you use a primer, I find it creases more and quicker than some other shadows. All the same it is a VERY versatile, beautiful colour.

on 3/27/2014 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I am Korean and medium skin tone--I use Dior Skin in 040 Honey Beige or LM Tinted Moisturizer in Sand or Beige in BB foundation or Tom Ford Traceless Foundation Stick Bisque.

Cork is a true medium brown that I thought I could use as a transition color but it is a bit too dark; UD Naked single eyeshadow is a lighter and more versatile true brown.

My typical eye is UD Sin OR Toasted, Roach, Busted, Zephyr (hihglight) with Naked as the transition color.

on 2/17/2014 1:30:00 AM

This is the perfect transition color. The lady at the MAC counter suggested this for making my smoky eye look a little more blended. I apply this in my crease before I start using my darker crease colors. For a less drastic daytime look, I use this alone in the crease with a matte beige on the lid.

on 2/3/2014 12:19:00 PM

This product is so versatile. I use it as my everyday eyeshadow for a bit of definition, and it looks natural. I also use it for my eyebrow sometimes, and it looks great too. I've been using this shade for almost two years now, and I haven't hit the pan yet.