October 22, 2014 | 1798 users online

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2010 8:00:00 AM More reviews by soleil_kitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this powder on a whim last week. I had no idea Ahava was into make-up meanwhile, let alone mineral make-ups. But then it fits the brand, I guess. One of the main reasons I got this compact was the lightest available colour: "Dune". I'm a MAC's NC15, so really fair-skinned and it's always difficult to find suitable powders. This shade is extremely light, even lighter than NC15, I would say. But it doesn't really matter, as the coverage it provides is also light. This powder is meant to even out the skin tone and give it a "soft focus" finish. So for people who really need the coverage this is, at best, a finishing powder to their make-up routine. I, however, am lucky enough to be able to wear this alone. I do make preparations with a concealer here and there and this powder is what goes on afterwards. The texture is very silky and smooth. Instead of a kabuki (as one might think with mineral make-up) I apply this with my Bodyshop Powder Brush. As far as I'm concerned it doesn't need to be worked into the skin. The finish is quite flawless, I must say. It gives me a beautiful radiance, even more so in daylight, like I'm my very own porcelain doll! It doesn't make my pores vanish but it also doesn't make them stand out. And although I have a very oily T-zone there is close to no shine, not even in the afternoon, after wearing it for 6+ hours which is quite the accomplishment. I have no idea why this powder works so splendidly to keep my facial oil in control but it does better than any other I have tried and there were many. As for the colour, it's a perfect match. Even though it's so light it doesn't add to my paleness at all, it rather compliments it. My skin looks really beautiful, I cannot stress that enough. The powder feels great, since it's so silky and lightweight. It also has a positive effect on the skin, besides controlling oil so well. It didn't break me out and it's soothing my sensitive, easily irritated skin. No more redness and itching. Also: It stays where I put it, especially in this heat. The summer was the main reason for me to buy it, afterall. I'm usually a fluid foundation girl but I dislike fluids during summer when I'm all sweaty and blech. I'm still sweating, naturally, but the powder really stays put. So all in all, this was a lucky purchase that I'm totally happy with! The powder box is of solid green plastic and serves its purpose. I don't use the little sponge that comes with it, so I can't say anything about this. As for the price: I paid 19,50 which is average for a high end brand, I guess? It didn't strike me as overly expensive, given the fact that you need ridiculously little to get the entire face covered. It'll probably last me an eternity. The only thing I found really weird were the ingredients as given on the cardboard box. They're completely different from the ones listed on Ahava's homepage and I wonder why. I like the ingredients of "my" powder way better than the ones Ahava's listing. So if there might have been a change in the formula, there also might have been a change in its effect. I can't say. I also can't say if I'll repurchase under these circumstances (hence my "no"). Just saying so you can keep an eye out for that. I'll list the ingredients of my powder down here and will also upload a photo of the cardboard box above, just for the record.
What remains to be said: This powder was approved for sensitive skin, is allergy tested, non-comedogenic and Paraben free.
INCI: Talc, Silica, Shea Butter, Jojoba Seed Oil, Kaolin, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Castor Seed Oil, Tocopheryl (Vitamin E) Acetate, Lauroyl Lysine, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Aqua, Dead Sea Algae Extract, Maris Sal (Dead Sea Water), Disodium Edta, Isopropyl Myristate, Linalyl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, May Contain: Mica, CI 77492 (Iron Oxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxide), CI 77499 (Iron Oxide), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No