Mary Kay Forever Orchid Eau de Toilette

4.7

on 10/24/2012 7:41:00 PM

This is a warm amber-ish floral scent with a lot on emphasis on vanilla. Why Mary Kay named this "Forever Orchid" is beyond me. Most orchids don't have a scent, and those rare ones that do, can smell like anything but floral. I mean really, when was the last time you smelled an orchid? See what I mean? Who the ell knows what an orchid really smells like?

I really do like it though! I prefer to wear this once autumn hits, as its a little heavy for summer. This is also a dead ringer for Victoria's Secret "Sexy Little Things Noir Tease" It's unbelievable how similar they are. The VS one says it black vanilla, frozen pear (does a frozen pear smell different than a room temp pear? hmmm) and blooming gardenia (another useless adjective). This pretty much sums up how MK "Forever Orchid" smells. However, MK is slightly less expensive but VS is more easily accessable with a quick trip to any mall. Both are made in America, btw -nice plus. I usually just order through a MK consultant since she probably could use the money more than Limited Brands who owns VS.

Anyway, I do recommend, this is the only warm vanilla base scent I will wear as most others give me a killer headache. This does not.

on 6/3/2011 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

My Mary Kay lady sprayed this on the tissue paper in my last order and I LOVED IT!! It's a nice clean floral with great staying power, especially for the $25 price tag. It's a little creamy with the vanilla which is nice. Not too heavy for summer either.

on 7/12/2010 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Not a bad scent...nice for summer!! I can really pick up the orchid scent(wich is thankfully not strong,its very subtle) the hint of the vanilla is nice too. Both work well together,I would get this scent again in the future.

Popular Fragrances