September 24, 2014 | 1507 users online

Sunscreen - Banana Boat - Ultra Defense Broad Spectrum Sunblock SPF 80

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2011 6:29:00 PM More reviews by queenothehop

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this in a smaller size just to try it out, but only intended on using it on my arms and hands when I am driving. It smells nice and definitely kept the rays off my skin, I always have to apply sunscreen when I drive or I freckle.

I wouldn't use this on my face though, I use the Banana Boat baby block for sensitive skin in a 50 for that because it is hypoallergenic and has zinc, which I don't believe this product has. Felt good on my hands though, creamy and absorbent, but not too greasy. I would buy it again for that purpose only.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2010 3:21:00 AM More reviews by mickey5252

I've used it twice, and I had a huge skin allergy which after over a week I'm still on medication. My mother decided to try it and she did not have any complain at all.

So I guess this product has something in it that irritates me, I hope that I'll find out what that is.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2010 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Nolly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

First off, no one needs this level of sun protection. Even those with the palest skin that burns in under 10 minutes would have to stay in direct sunlight for THIRTEEN hours to warrant a rating of 80 (and during that time, not sweat or go in the water). That said, the amount of active ingredients in this to make it SPF 80 is VERY irritating to the skin.
Within 2 minutes my skin had a burning sensation and my eyes and the corners of my mouth were irritated (despite being very careful not to apply it too close to mucous membranes)
Even if you don't have sensitive skin like me, the formula is very greasy and makes your face look like an oil slick; I had to put as light dusting of powder over it.

Luckily, I did not purchase this; it was given to me and I used it until I could get to the store to purchase something else (and even though it burned, my theory was that some sun protection is better than nothing.) When I finally did buy a replacement, I very happily tossed this where it belongs; in the garbage.