April 19, 2014 | 886 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Angel Star Soft Body Souffle

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Meshmmesha772000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I ran out of my beloved hand cream (creme 21 a drugstore German brand ) ..So I thought of giving this a chance as I like trying new products and I love Nivea Soft for my face under MU ...This is a very mediocre product compared to other creams ...I love the innovative texture , but not the effect ...The smell is a bit overpowering to me though mostly I love scented products ..compared to Creme 21 It has more cons than pros for me ..Higher price , Weaker Hydration , and stronger smell for my taste.. It 's okay as a body moisturiser , but I prefer other unlisted brand lotions sold in my country ...Won't buy again .

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2012 4:58:00 AM More reviews by kirinazhar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

With a name like that, it was hard to give this one a miss! At Watsons, they were having a clear-off at $1 per tub. So I impulsively grabbed one and immediately applied it when I reached my office. I must say that this smells absolutely beautiful like an angel, it matches the name and color of soft pink... Exactly how I would imagine an angel to smell like. Scent power (for a body souffle/cream/lotion) is strong so you can still smell heavenly after a couple of hours.

Consistency is the factor here. It is not easy to scoop this from the tub because it has a jello texture and consistency to it. After a while you get used to it and applying it is smooth! Goes easy on the skin and it does moisturise!

Definitely loving it and will repurchase more for everyday office use!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2011 4:24:00 AM More reviews by andreadianca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I buy this at sasa singapore when i just want to check out. It looks cute and only cost me S$1 (small jar one) which is really cheap!
I bring this inside my make up pouch so if i forget to use lotion/hand cream i'll use that
Cute Packaging,really help me relieve from dry skin ;)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2010 12:42:00 PM More reviews by uberuninspired

The good - it smells great, though i would say this is the kind of smell 14 year olds would like

the bad
- the consistency is like jello. which makes it hard for me to scoop up what i want to use. who wants to spend so much effort when applying cream? Nivea, this deffo ain't no souffle!

- there's an icky sticky feeling after application

- i much rather use nivea creme. at least i get results with that.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 2:40:00 PM More reviews by danai

This body cream is part of the new Angel Star line by Nivea, which is advertised as extra lush and special. However this product does not live up to that and it's actually nothing special.
So it's supposed to be a soft, luxuriously scented cream that, according to their website and the English section of the label, is nourishing for the body because it contains "yogurt extracts". I wouldn't count on that; the Greek section on the pot only mentions "fluffy yogurt texture". I wonder, is the translator stupid or are Nivea deliberately leaving the yogurt extract part kind of vague?
Anyway, I guess the performance of the actual product matters more, so there it goes: for one, this does have a nice, rather unusual texture that reminds me a cross between yogurt and jello. In fact it looks lighter than it really is, so first couple of times I used more than was needed.
Truth is, this is an absolutely generic moisturizer that offers nothing more than a regular body milk or cream would. It moisturizes ok and that's it. If you overapply - which is easy considering the fluffy texture - it gets really greasy. And even worse, when overapplied it tends to slip off the skin in tiny bits, which is quite gross when it happens.
However the really bad part is the scent; which is funny because the Angel Star line is supposed to be distinctively great smelling. So no the case at all. This is supposed to smell like rasberry (which in itself should' ve kept me away, as berry scents in my experience are more often than not very synthetic). What it really smells exactly like is rasberry toothpaste for kids. Ok, it's not totally gagworthy I guess, but I simply tolerate it; not what I want to smell like at all.
I wish I hadn't fallen for the marketing nonsense and stuck with the regular Soft creme, if I really had to go with Nivea. This product is nothing like the beloved Soft creme, which actually sinks in, moisturizes nicely and offers a soft, comforting, clean scent. Only worth it if you have a dear daughter with dry skin who won't sit down for you to use regular lotion on her. I don't understand what about this product could be appealing to a grown woman.