Hard Candy Button Your Lip Ultra Wet Lip Gloss in Maven

3.0

on 10/8/2010 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The below poster is silly. A deal breaker because some print is coming off?? LOL.

This is a drugstore product you can find at walmart. I find it to be more mauve/nude then brown. It's very natural and not super glossy. The color looks natural on me (NC25)

It also comes with a lip liner called berry. It isn't berry but a mauve-y nude. I actually like it and DON'T find it dry.

The two lippies off is because it is quite sticky, at least stickier than my other ones.

on 7/12/2010 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This is a pen-style lip gloss, where you click the button to make the gloss come out the brush tip, and it comes with a coordinating twist-up lip liner. The liner in Berry, totally misnamed being a brownish-nude, I found to be very dry and not very useful. The mechanism of the gloss works fairly well, better than say, Stila Lip Glaze's turning one. The gloss itself is a brownish nude, vanilla-caramel scented gloss, that gives sheer pigmentation and a glossy finish. Average staying power.
The MAJOR problem comes in with the packaging. Not the click-pen, mind you, but the labeling. The tube and cap are chrome-finish plastic with black tattoo-style designs printed on them. After a few uses, I found that this black design was coming off onto my fingers. Initally, I thought it was ink from a pen I'd been using, but it was this design!! Even having recently applied hand cream, this should NOT happen. To fix the problem, I covered the black printed areas with clear scotch tape. It's really a shame, because if it weren't for that, I could see myself buying this product again, but that's a dealbreaker.