Chanel hydramax + active nutrition lip care

3.3

on 1/18/2014 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I am on my second tub of this lip balm. I LOVE it and would say it is definitely my Holy Grail. This is NOT a lip balm for people with extremely dry lips that are peeling off your face, it's a lip balm for people who have $50 burning a whole in their pocket and love Chanel and collect lip balms like candy. I love the shea butter texture, the scent is light, and like all lip balms ever it moisture your lips for an amazing thirty minutes before wearing off. It is a nourishing balm. To me there are a few types of lip balms: moisturizing lip balms, emollient/ protective lip balms/ oil based balms and this lip balm. A cheap dupe would be the Nivea lip butter. If you have terrible lip dryness than you need to layer lip balms, for example a nourishing or moisturizing lip balm, than a protective balm like Carmax and if you're outdoors you also need SPF.

on 11/30/2013 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is my favorite lip balm, for me I'm not a Chapstick sort of girl, I don't like the waxy feel of those types of products. But I wear lots of lipstick and gloss. I put this on in the morning after my face routine. Then right before my makeup routine before work. It makes my lips very hydrated and my lips are never ever chapped.

on 9/21/2013 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I feel like I have tried every lip balm on the planet. I have taken two courses of Accutane in my lifetime, and my lips are very sensitive and peely. Using a chemical exfoliator helps a lot with the flakes (I like Clinique All About Lips) but I also like some balm just to increase comfort and hydration. I wanted the Chanel balm from their Coco Shine line, but my counter was out of stock. He recommended that I try this. I really like it.

It has a delicate scent from the coconut oil. It is a standard balm consistency. I don't think this is intended to be a take-along with you type balm, it's more of a treatment. I use it early in my makeup routine. I feels lovely and absorbs quickly, leaving my lips ready for color. It isn't greasy and is very effective and non-irritating with no tingly ingredients. Sometimes I also use it at night before bed if my lips are uncomfortable after makeup removal. This moisturizes the lips, it doesn't just coat them in wax to keep moisture in. The comfort level is phenomenal, and it feels silky instead of greasy. One package will last a very long time as you only need a tiny bit. It has never caused breakouts at the lip line like many balms do.

The packaging is typical Chanel stupidity - looks adorable but not terribly functional. A little heavy square pot with a twist off lid. I do use my (clean) fingers to apply it, but those who are concerned about hygiene could use a clean lip brush if they wanted - would be nice if it came with one like tub moisturizers sometimes come with a spatula. I'd really prefer a tube packaging. The price is ridiculous, but on the other hand I really like the product and strongly disagree that drugstore products are just as good. I've tried a LOT of treatments and there is nothing out there that is really comparable to this. Pretty sure I will repurchase.

on 8/11/2013 8:57:00 PM

Honestly the worst lip balm I have ever used. It did not make my lips more moisturized at all. The packaging is beautiful but really really unsanitary since you would have to use your fingers and anything under your nails would get in the pot.

The price is high for an extremely disappointing lip balm. I didn't even bother trying to finish the lip balm! Drugstore lips balms work a lot better than this!

on 5/10/2013 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this!!!
I don't understand the negativity...this is a unique product not just for your lips but entire mouth area. It hydrates the skin around your lips without making you break out. It is like a mouth/lip cream that isn't thick or gloopy. I found this special product a pampering treat that I use morning and night after washing my face.

on 4/22/2013 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The packaging is nice but thats all... Very disappointed. Very vaseline-ish constancy.

on 4/13/2013 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i don't find the pot unsanitary, since i use a special lip brush to apply it on my lips. The real issue is that i can't see any difference/improvement at all! As someone already said, if anything it makes my lips more dry.. So weird, since its chanel! They usually tend to rule at everything they do! I am still trying to convince myself and keep reapplying every 2 hours to see if i might get anything :(

on 2/7/2013 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this. This is clear reminder to me that price doesn't equal quality. While the packaging is luxe (well except for the unsanitariness of a tub) the product disappoints. It feels great the first few minutes but then it quickly wears off leaving my lips dry. I feel like a bit of dummy paying this much for such a sucky product. Chapstick works better. I was hoping this would be my HG buy for now I will stick to Lanolin at nights and MAC lip conditioner in the day time. Like someone else wrote, I think I will reuse the container and decant some other product into it when this is done.

on 2/1/2013 3:29:00 AM

Thought that this would be an investment product. I was wrong and at 20+ for a nice-looking pot of lip balm that doesn't work, consider it a lesson learnt. It felt alright for the first 20mins.. but I think having to apply it every 20 minutes is excessive.

on 12/16/2012 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

when you first apply this on your lips it works and lasts me maybe two hours at the most, my lips are already dry. Not too happy with this product.

Popular Lip Treatments