BeneFit Cosmetics So Hooked On Carmella

on 9/12/2014 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Vanilla meets carmel!
I love this scent.
It is very strong and very sweet but not sickenly sweet. It does dry down nicely. Just DO NOT put too much.
I really enjoy this once dried as it can be a bit of a turn off at first.
Every time I went to ulta to try it again I would sorta like it but not really want to purchase so I put it back every time. Then when I was done shopping and would return to my car, every move I would make smelled so delicious. I would always want to turn around and go back lol.
I am so sad they no longer are carrying this scent.

on 8/8/2014 10:26:00 PM

Oh my goodness. I bought this on sale at Benefit based on positive reviews. Two showers later I can't get it off me. I was hoping for a mature vanilla scent. The vanilla is definitely there, but the coconut is just terrible. It's super sweet and nauseating. I wore it for a few hours to make sure it wasn't just the beginning of the scent but it's only gotten worse. I can't even understand how anyone would like this. The only "good" I guess is it doesn't reek of alcohol, like another Benefit perfume I tried. But get Carmella off me! She's a stalker!

on 4/8/2014 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Signature scent! Love! Scent lasts too! Wish they had body lotion/wash too!

on 11/6/2013 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I can't find this anymore, but it was my favorite scent ever. :(

on 7/25/2013 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I was hanging around the drug store before meeting a friend for coffee when I came across this scent. Instead of spraying it onto the testing strips, I spritzed some onto the inside of my wrists.

I would come to regret that for the rest of the night.

I guess there must have been a bad reaction with my skin's chemistry, because the smell was stronger than anything I had experienced before. This pungent scent (which I can't put my finger on) was all I could smell for the rest of the evening. I ended up developing a headache and had to drive with the windows down on my way home.

Not. Fun.

Benefit so hooked on carmella is my 3rd signature scent. So hooked on Carmella smells like a citrus vanilla dessert sprinkles! It is so wonderfully put together. I spray this and feel like i am in a Fancy Flower garden tea party. This eau de toilette should be relabled as eau de parfume as it surprisingly has far more lasting power than Especially Escada "perfume.Benefit so hooked on carmella is what i call Ultra Fancy!

on 7/7/2013 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Ahhhh! The label is right, I am so hooked on Carmella! I've loved this perfume ever since I purchased the mini bottle a few years ago, (It has lasted this whole time.) I would say this scent is completely original and unlike any other fragrance out on the market. It's super sweet, but I can't describe what it smells like. It's such a unique and lovely smell, it's my signature!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This perfume is definitely not for everyone. Its really sweet and sugary and so strong that sometimes it can come off as being a little overpowering. However, if you like vanilla/caramel smelling scents then you'll really love it! It has quite good staying power and the bottle is amazing and i think i'm gonna be wearing this a lot all through summer, especially on holiday :)

on 5/3/2013 10:54:00 PM

Very sweet, this probably isnt for someone who doesnt like sweet scents. The floral elements come out after a while of wearing it, but the vanilla is definitely the most prominent. I really like this and have gotten alot of compliments, but i probably wont buy again because its a little pricey. The packaging is gorgeous, i couldnt bring myself to throw away the box it came in because its so cute!

I tried a tester of this at ULTA and I loved it. I didn't buy it right away, but I couldn't stop thinking about how lovely it smelled. So, I finally went back and picked it up. Yes, it's a bit too pricey for the amount, and the lasting power is about the same as with a body spray. Those are the cons.
The pros...The bottle is whimsical and adorable. It has a heavenly sweet, but not OVERLY sweet scent. I am a lover of gourmand scents, and this one is just on the threshold in my opinion. It has a fresh scent to it, that isn't based on florals. So, because of that it doesn't give me a headache or make me sneeze (Yeah!!).
I will enjoy this bottle, but sadly I won't repurchase. The lasting power just doesn't justify the price. If they called this a body spray and sold it for $15 I'd buy it by the buckets..but alas, they do not...so I shall not.

Popular Fragrances