September 18, 2014 | 1745 users online

Styling Products - CURLS for Target Goddess curl gel

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wasn't impressed by this product. My hair doesn't feel like any moisture has been added and I honestly don't notice anything positive that it's done for my type III/IV curls. Completely meh.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2014 6:22:00 AM More reviews by missmelanierose

I'm neutral on this gel. I have 3a/3b curls, and I found that I had to use a large quantity (1/12th of a bottle) to get any type of decent hold. I use it on top of my usual leave-in conditioner. It wasn't stiff, but it does flake.

This gel is useful for reviving second-day hair, but I won't bother buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by spicymulberry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this curl gel, more than I expected to. I have very thick, shoulder-length curls, mostly 3a with some 3b, and I don't use silicone products on my hair. I found when used in conjunction with coconut oil, it gives me really good hold and I have only minimal frizzies. The scent is very light, hardly noticable, and I can usually get a second or even third day curls by dampening my hair and running a bit more oil through it. I don't know that I would love it by itself, but in conjunction with my curl routine, it provides excellent hold and finish.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this randomly at Sally's Beauty Supply. It provides medium hold on my hair and is really thick in texture. It leaves great shine and doesn't have any silicones or protein. It does relax my curls a bit. The things I don't like is that it did little to keep my curls defined or springy, doesn't have as much frizz control, and is too light for days when it is windy. It probably will work a bit better in the summer and I may have to layer with another product to get the hold and control I need. On its own, it is just meh. I usually like Curls products but this was a bust for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by NWBecca

Very impressed with this. I purchased on a whim at Target last night, as the "no silicones" part of the label drew me in. I have very curly, but VERY fine hair that easily gets greasy-looking when I use other products for curly hair. It seems to be assumed that all curly hair is super dried out and/or super thick. Products for that type of hair always leave me looking like I rolled around in butter. This gel is light and gave me spiral curls, with no greasy or heavy look. I slept on it, and the curls are still in great shape the next morning. It seems like this gel would work on thicker hair as well---I only used a small amount. In any case, if you have ridiculously fine hair then this is a great product to try.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 8:37:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

This product is a total waste of money! It leaves my curls feeling hard with no absolutely no flexibility to them. It makes me feel like I am wearing a curly helmet on my head.

There are much better brands of curly hair products out there. CURLS products are AWFUL!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2010 3:59:00 PM More reviews by csema8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am very excited to have found this product. I have naturally wavy hair that is on the dry side with frizz and pouf problem. Most products for frizz control and shine tend to have silicone in them, which I try to avoid because they make my hair feel weird and build up very easily. I was a bit skeptical when I saw this product at Target, but went ahead and gave it a try and found that it really does what it says. To give my hair a little bit more moisture, I add a few drops of olive oil to the gel and apply it to wet hair. I've used the product for a few days now and found that my hair is shinier, frizz-free (in fact, it can be a bit flat if you put too much, which is fine by me as my hair tends to pouf up easily with the humidity) and just overall soft and healthy-looking, almost like virgin hair. I flat-iron my hair everday and find that when using this product, my hair straightens better and remains straight longer. I'm quite impressed with this gel and plan to look into other products from this line.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2010 10:53:00 AM More reviews by finch96

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a new line designed specifically for release at Target stores, by the CURLS styling product line. The products are silicone, mineral oil, and petrolatum oil free, which is a plus for curlies/wavies (like me) who avoid products with those ingredients. It retails for $7.99 USD for an 8 oz. bottle. For reference, I have shoulder blade length, thick, medium-coarse, wavy-curly hair that tends to be dry, and the 8 oz. bottle lasts me approximately 6 weeks to 2 months.

The Goddess Curl Gel is a very lightweight, very lightly scented, agave nectar-based gel. It gives medium hold, and distributes easily through wet hair. I use 7 pumps, then rub it between my hands and rake it through my wet hair, then scrunch in the rest. I follow with Curl Keeper (a serum by Curly Hair Solutions) scrunched over that, then diffuse dry. The most amazing thing about this product (to me), is that if your hair is diffused completely dry, there is usually little if any crunch to scrunch out. It leaves only soft, well defined spirals and ringlets that are not weighted down and don't feel product-y. It does not leave any flakes or residue, either.

It comes in a pump dispenser bottle (the one pictured on the target page is the incorrect picture, the picture I put up is the correct bottle: orange label), and the pump can be twisted to a lock position, which is great for travel. I had never used any of the CURLS products prior to this, and have been very pleased with the results; so much so that this has replaced Kinky Curly Curling Custard as my go-to styling product, which is saying a lot. The fact that the product is readily available and reasonably priced makes it that much better. I definitely recommend it, have and will continue to repurchase.