April 18, 2014 | 1456 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Revlon - Extra Curl Lash Curler

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by katyrenae16

This eyelash curler is great. doesn't pinch your lashes, just gives them a natural looking curl. love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 7:50:00 AM More reviews by Sablegisbon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just loove this lash curler it does not crimp my lashes and the curl pad is nice and rounded. I use the same routine with each lash curler I should add. I usually do not start too close to the lash line as that tends to pull out your lashes if you press too hard and you can actually pinch your eyelid, ouch! As this comes with an extra pad, I cut this in half and usually do first the outside lashes of my left eye (of course placing the curler pad on the left of the curler when the curler is facing me on the inner side (concave side)), I then "walk out" the curler at least one, sometimes two times to get maximum curl for that area of my lashes (3 curls in total as a maximum for that area of my lashes). I will then do my inner lashes on my right eye using the same "walk out" routine. I repeat, moving the pad to the middle of the lash curler and then do both left and right eye lash line in the middle again "walking out" the curler. Finally I finish by moving the pad all the way to the right and finishing the left eye inner eyelashes and then the right eye outer lashes, done! I find by using a half pad and three curl positions per eye, I do not miss any lashes! Now, before I apply any mascara, I have some variations if I want the curl to hold more. I "hot curl" as I like to call it if I want maximum hold on the curl. I take a blow dryer and run it usually on the lowest setting and heat the curler. What I like about the Revlon curler over others is because it is a composite material (plastic?) it does not head up on the pressure pad at all compared to most curlers, which are metal. I also think the metal curling plate is more likely to break lashes. Please check the heat on the part that touches your eyelid if you use a blow dryer to heat it (I have burned mine, ouch with metal curlers) first on your hand or somewhere not as sensitive as your eyelid!, it will not burn your hand on low setting, metal curlers are more likely to hold and accumulate too much heat I think. Finally I finish with at least two coats of mascara ensuring the first coat is completely dry before applying the second coat. I used to always use waterproof mascara as I found it held the curl better (for late nights out) but it is of course difficult to remove without losing more lashes. I loved Cover girl Marathon Mascara but it was almost impossible to remove, as anyone who has used it can likely attest! Therefore I usually use regular mascara unless I am swimming or wanting it to last overnight (I know a no no for our lashes), but sometimes one wants over 16 hours out of their mascara! So, I really want those babies to hold the curl longer and better I will use a good waterproof mascara!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Aquaman

I don't like how any of the Revlon eyelash curlers work, I think it's hard to squeeze since I have to do it for a long time (short stubborn straight lashes!) It gives me a curl, but not as well as my NYC lash curler! I'm still on the hunt for a holy grail one (don't want to splurge on an expensive one just yet!) but the Revlon's definitely not it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2013 12:31:00 AM More reviews by seaswan

I have been using the Plain Stainless with white pad Revlon lash curler forever until last year Revlon did something horribly wrong to it. It just wasn't the same curler, and after buying three of them I realized I need to move on.
The Extra Lash Curler is okay. I don't find it too big and the black color is a bit annoying but I could overlook it if this curler worked like the good old Revlon curler but it doesn't. The curl is just not defined enough.......Next!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by azgirl929

First time eyelash curler client! I have short lashes, and no matter what "will make your lashes longer" mascara will say, my lashes won't look long w/out a curler and this curler is really nice. Very easy to use and comfortable, I have traveled with it too!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by 1Dluver613

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

amaziinng. i regret getting my Forever 21 eyelash curler.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: I've tried 4 or 5 HE curlers and all of the drug store curlers, (I don't like the regular one by Revlon) this is my favorite drugstore curler, by far. This actually works very well without completely pinching them to death and damaging them, also somehow, I end up less clumped looking after using this than I do with other curlers.

CONS: The curl doesn't last quite as long as some in the "alternates" section below.

ALTERNATES: The Shu Uemera one has less curve than this. Bobbi Brown has one with less curve than this (better for my almond shaped eyes). Shiseido has one that has less curve and whose curl lasts longer than this Revlon one. .

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2012 4:12:00 PM More reviews by wish71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The curler is more curved than other curlers like Tweezerman and Shu Umera, so it fits my eyes better. The lashes on the outside end up being curled at the base rather than tips. Curl lasts all day.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by m0ka0nly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This eyelash curler did not curl at all! I have used the regular Revlon curlers for years and have had no problems with them. This time I thought I would upgrade to the super curl thinking it would curl faster but for some reason when I tried it I did not get ANY curl AT ALL! I believed I had gotten a defective product but when I examined it I did not find anything wrong with the curler. I found the rubber to be harder than other curlers, perhaps that could be whats wrong with it? After reading other reviews it appears that other people are having the same problem. I used this curler on completely dry lashes, just like I have been doing with my other curlers but I just can't figure out why it doesn't curl. I even held it in place for 20 seconds and pressed down really hard but still nothing! I must say I am very confused. For other buyers I recommend you avoid this product because it seems as if there are too many defective products out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 2:46:00 PM More reviews by cartercowgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been cursed with short, straight, absolutely hard to curl eyelashes. I found this product and LOVE IT! I have a horrible time finding an eyelash curler which will actually curl my eyelashes and make my lashes look normal. Most curlers bend my lashes and this eyelash curler is WONDERFUL. It actually curls my lashes and looks natural. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!