November 1, 2014 | 725 users online

Self Tanners - Victoria's Secret - Sunkissed Bronze Instant Self Tan with Tint

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by mxxlu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My absolute fave, go-to tanner! I always get so many compliments when I wear this self-tanner in the summer. It gives me such a healthy-looking, GLOWING, tan.

The texture of the product is just a creamy, lotion. It comes out in a bronzey-brown color, with a slight shimmer to it. I don't find it sticky, after you've let it dry. The product also has a tropical scent of citrus, coconut, and bananas, IMO.

I'm on my second bottle and I've learned a few things while using it.
This is the best method of application that works for me:

- Apply the night prior to the day you plan to look tanned (although it's not a gradual tanner, the colour takes a little bit of time to sink into your skin before giving you the ultimate glow)
- USE GLOVES or some sort of tanning applicator to apply, as the product will leave your hands orange if you do not (there are tanning lotion mitts out there, I use latex/medical gloves)
- After removing the gloves/mitts, make sure you apply some of the lotion on your hands too
- Let it dry for AT LEAST 15 minutes before dressing

The tan usually lasts for about a week on me, glowing at its prime during the first three days after application. This product does not streak, it applies evenly if you spread it out well. I also do not find that it rubs off on anything at all, once you let it thoroughly dry. You can also shower normally as I don't find it literally "washes off."

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 11:00:00 AM More reviews by goddessofthegalaxy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore this stuff! The first summer it was introduced I purchased three bottles and I sure isn't regret it! The tan that would develop made my skin look so beautiful and golden! It didn't look fake at all it was so nice! The smell I could live without because it isn't the best but the product is fantastic! Also please be careful to use it sparingly on knees and elbows because it can get into the cracks and leave dark lines. Also make sure to distribute evenly to avoid streaks because it lasts for days! Don't exfoliate either it it'll come off in patches.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by Lee999

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this. It came so highly recommended, I thought I couldn't lose.

But I lost.

This stuff was expensive--$16--and when I got it home and sprayed it on, it came out a weird olive green-gold. That wasn't a good sign. I shook it more, and the color came out less greenish, but no matter how much I shook it, this spray didn't give me much tan at all.

I tried it for two days, and each time, I looked at my wrists in sunlight and they still looked almost as pale as they had been pre-spray. This stuff seems to barely work, at least for me.

Sally Hansen Airbrush Tan is ten times better, despite the Cullen-like glitter.

So far, I'm still searching for the perfect home self-tanning spray. VS definitely is not it.

P.S.

This stuff stinks. Literally.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by cmartin30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Have used many self tanners. Was not expecting much but, I love it. The smell is tropical. Very easy to apply. Goes on even. Great natural color, not orange. Two thumbs up!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by xmaac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was curious about self tanners so I decided to buy this for my first time, I definetly liked the shimmer that was included, but I realized it doesn't really provide much colour, theres not much of a difference from applying just a coat. This also left a bit of streaking but maybe that's just me since im a beginner on self-tanners, I won't be repurchasing this next time and I will look for self-tanners that provide darker results

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by ldimples00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product due to all the good reviews here. I do like it, but it's not perfect. The first time, I applied one layer and was great! Didn't make me look like I had a weird skin issue as it faded, however, the second time I tried it, I used two layers and it didn't fade like a natural tan :( It does last for several days and fades slowly and natural looking with just one layer for me. Worth giving it a try :)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by dollface18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product based on two things, all the good reviews and it was fairly inexpensive. This product does nothing for me. I put two layers of it on my arms and they look exactly the same today as they did last night when I applied it. The lotion smells nice and it's easy to blend but with no color pay off it's pretty much worthless. I will not re-purchase this.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by sexylovie84

this doesn't really work for me. I barely get any color.. or any at all.. it's kind of like regular lotion. Many many much better self tanners out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 11:12:00 AM More reviews by lokid

This is the BEST self tanner!!! I've tried most out there and this by far is the BEST!! Not sure why (ingredents seem the same as others) it is so much better. It does have a very slight tanner odor, but not horrid like most. This is so natural and lasts for days. I find it looks best with one application. If you are looking for scentless self tanners that are very good (not great like this one) try Garden of Wisdom (lotion) or Silk Naturals (Gel).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Fotze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This year I decided to try a self tanner for the very first time in my life. I am very pale and I burn easily and I never wanted to apply a tanner before because I was afraid it would make me look unnatural/orange/etc. After doing some searching, I read about this product here and decided to go to Victoria's Secret and buy it for myself and try it out. After showering and exfoliating, I used a pair of latex gloves and applied this to my arms and torso. Needless to say, it was so easy to apply and it blended beautifully.

My boyfriend even helped me do my back and it turned out beautifully as well which to me shows that it's somewhat goof-proof! The smell is not bad at all and it dries pretty quickly. It left me slightly bronzed without being too dark but more can always be added for a darker effect! I'm glad I found this product :)