October 20, 2014 | 973 users online

Concealers - Milani - Secret Cover Concealer Cream

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Beautylurve

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe something so cheap worked so fantastically! This is my first review and I will only bother to post when I know a product could help someone because I'm a busy mum although I do appreciate all feedback on here! This was a perfect march to my skin and many family members as we all suffer from the worst dark under eye circles! Consider it this way its so cheap so why not try? I added it to my cart to make up an amount for free shipping which was an extra $10 instead of $39 shipping and I think its the best thing I ever did! Only flaw is it is a bit dense and you need to use your fingers to apply so the heat can help application and a primer or moisturizer will help if u have dry skin but in regards to coverage its defs a 5 star better than MAC and MUFE and as for the price it deserves way over 5 stars! Consider what you spend on make up and how much you need to invest to find out if this could be a future HG concealer with an awesome price tag!!? Try it people!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

The colors it came in did not adequately fit my skin tone. As the closest shade to my skin tone that I ended up buying was a tad lighter than my natural skin tone. But, I could not buy the shade after that one as it was a shade darker than my skin tone. So, I felt that even though the shade I bought was a tad lighter I could always use boozer to warm up my complexion with it on. You do not get a lot of product in the pot it comes in, plus the formula of this concealer is one that I found to be sort of stiff, yet waxy in texture. It wasn't the easiest to blend, but I worked things out anyways. And, it doesn't have long lasting staying power to it either.

I can say without a doubt, I will never buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Febergantini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very dark circles, all around my eyes, light skin, and it covered very well. It's very easy to use, doesn't detach wrinkles and not oily. One feature that I loved: it has no smell at all. I used to use NYX magic wand and totally changed for Milani.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by stormm

It covers dark circles really well, but I wish it was more creamier. The texture is dense and on the dry side, although it doesn't cake up on dry undereye area. Good option if you have oily eye area but I wouldn't repurchase after I use up mine.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2012 11:00:00 PM More reviews by loudmouth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i use this concealer in the shade 08 beige. it's the perfect color match for me. it's light with lots of yellow undertones. the consistency is pretty dry, i use my fingers to apply because the heat makes it easier to use. the coverage is medium, closer to high than low. i don't really use this on my undereyes because it makes them look kind of ashy (i apply a peach-toned concealer on my blue-based undereye circles, then apply a little bit of this concealer on top, with a bit of powder to set it all). instead, i use this kind of as a foundation! i use it to cover up any redness on my face and to generally even out my skintone. the finish is extremely natural, it doesn't look like i'm wearing any face makeup at all. i've been using this everyday for a few months now and i've barely made a dent. there is sooo much product in the tiny pot, it's a great value for your money. yes, the pot is unsanitary but i thoroughly wash my hands before doing my makeup so it hasn't been a problem for me. there's a great selection for women of color. i'm probably going to purchase a backup or two soon because i have a feeling milani's going to discontinue this...

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by ely617

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The coverage is medium I would say, but it's not very buildable and it gets very cakey for me no matter what I do. I definitely can't use it on blemishes because it looks so cakey, and underneath my eyes it really needs to be set with powder but gets too dry and cakey looking.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by merrysunny77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

What a great concealer. I am South Asian so under eye circles (and all around eye darkness is general) is an issue. I have clear skin and dark brows so honestly if I had to run out of the house with one product it's under eye concealer. Without it I look old and angry...even with it I still look tired just not haggard ...:)

My previous HG was/is the MUFE HD. I am willing to pay for good stuff -- and at NC 37 -42 its hard to find face shades that work! ..so I think I loved it cause it was quick with the pen and b/c the shade was and is the only one that matches me.

For the Milani concealer I have to use both of these in shades 1 and 2 to get my match..which is a pain --but considering both of them together are under 10 bucks how can you beat it? It does take that extra minute to warm and blend with the finger but the coverage is way better than HD...for a night out I would actually probably use the 01 as a "corrector" and then the HD for the nicer finish..I think pot + liquid is the best way to get full coverage and finish.

I used the BB corrector in peach for many years ..that was ok. I think I prefer the HD to that as its closer to my shade.

Overall nice concealer, nice packaging considering the price. I seriously think if I used this daily it would last me at least 3 years. I would prefer not having to unscrew and screw 2 sep containers so I don't use as often as I should. In a rush I tend to go back to my HD MUFE. I am planning to try out the CDP in Ochre when I get a chance but I fear I am in b/t Ochre and Honey

This Milani concealer lasts all day and covers way better than MUFE HD (its a pot so its thicker consistency)..but unlike the MUFE HD I wouldnt use on my face other then eyes if I needed to ...it does't crease on my eyes..I always use undereye cream and set my concealers with LM secret power but bet this would be fine with out it . I can see this being too dry for some if you have dry under eye area but for WOC the shades are pretty good! Also undereye cream or other cream first would be a must with this!

For ref I am b/t Stromboli and Syracuse in Nars sheer glow (my skin color w/ no sun is probably Stromboli..but live in California and always have a bit of color) and I use 345 in MUFE HD concealer

update: I tried the CDP and it sucked (on me) also the #1 in this is a perfect dupe for CDP ochre, and the #2 is the perfect dupe for CDP honey...but about 140 dollars cheaper

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2011 12:40:00 AM More reviews by ShimmerSands78

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This concealer is great. It may seem kind of waxy but if you warm it on your fingers it applies well and lasts long on your face. I got this for 1.50$ at walgreens on clearance a while back and I probably never would have thought to try it otherwise. Unfortunately someone swiped their big finger across the surface of mine and then put it back in the little box and I unknowingly purchased it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 6:55:00 AM More reviews by sexylovie84

this is the best concealer I have ever used, and I have tried mac's.. it goes on nicely and just sort of disappears into my skin. it covers everything I need it to! The coverage is full, and buildable. with some powder over this you can cover any flaw!! not only would I repurchase, I want to purchase a back up asap!! sorry others don't like it as much as I do.

**EDIT.. I have bought like 5 backups!! I will also buy it in different shades just to experiment... cause the face has more than one tone.. I LOVE THIS!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by nadiame

I really hated this product. It made my skin look pale and dead, i have naturally olive skin and the shades are mismatched.. absolutely horrible. It also melts off right out of your face which completely utterly disgusting.