CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion - AM SPF 30

3.4

Active: Homosalate (12%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octocrylene (2%), Zinc Oxide (3.5%), Other: Purified Water, Niacinamide, Behentrimonium Methosulfate and Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate and Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Cholesterol, Hyaluronic Acid, Phytosphingosine, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium Edta, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought this about 4 days ago along with the hydrating cleanser that I have written a separate review for. They were both from CVS where it was buy one get one half off. Overall my total came out to be about twenty-one dollars for both products. For the drugstore they are expensive, but the ingredients are also very high-end for the drugstore as well so I would say it is worth the price. This feels heavy on my skin, which is normal and leans toward the oily side. After I apply this my face turns red and it takes a long time for it to settle down. I would say 30 minutes minimum. Since I began using my 2 CeraVe products I have little bumps all over my face. They look like tiny little pimples everywhere. I want to give this skincare line a fair chance, so I intend to stick with it overall. However, according to BeautyPedia (Paula's Choice) the spf ingredients are not substantial enough to protect against premature aging, only against sunburn. My primary reason for wearing a daily spf moisturizer is to protect against premature aging, so that is the reason that I would not repurchase this and it is also the reason I am sadly returning it. CeraVe unfortunately does not make another moisturizer with spf that I want, so I am going to try the Kiss My Face Face Factor SPF 30 Broad spectrum moisturizer and hope that it works for me. If CeraVe came out with a moisturizer that was broad spectrum effective and good over-all, I would definitely purchase it.

on 4/11/2015 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have dry skin, somewhat on the sensitive side because of the medication I take, and I did not experience any kind of negative reaction with this product. However, everyone's skin is different.Because my skin is dry, I need something that is moisturizing otherwise my skin tends to flake. This product is not moisturizing enough for my needs and within hours, I feel my skin becoming tighter. As a sunscreen, I suppose it's okay provided you reapply it later on, as with any sunscreen.

When this product runs out, I will not be purchasing it again because it is not moisturizing enough for my needs. Although it is cost effective, it's pointless if it doesn't work. It would probably be all right for someone with normal to oily skin, however, despite it being recommended for dry skin.

on 3/31/2015 12:35:00 PM

I think this is a great drugstore moisturizer with sunscreen & good ingredients, just not if you have sensitive skin. I've finally figured out that this slightly breaks me out. Even though it's meant to be non-comedogenic, I can tell that every time I use it, I get small white heads that pop up on my skin. This may not happen for everyone, but if you have sensitive skin or skin that is prone to getting clogged easily, this definitely isn't for you. I will say that the ingredient list is top notch for the drugstore though, and the formulation seems to be fine, there's just something about it that makes me break out. It also has a very sunscreen-like smell and consistency, which doesn't bother me, but may be off putting for some.

on 3/30/2015 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i love this moisturizer before makeup! i've gone through two bottles of it so far and i love the spf and how it still manages to be moisturizing, without overdoing it. i haven't experienced any sort of irritation from using this but i know everyone's skin is different so that doesn't mean much, but i definitely recommend this if you have non sensitive skin and are looking for a good moisturizer with spf.

on 3/29/2015 10:37:00 PM

It's great, and I find it doesn't irritate my skin, but you do have to really kind of work it into your skin to avoid the white residue, but then I like it anyways.

I adore this product. I have been using it for about 3 years now, every day except on beach vacations. I just turned 37 and my patients still think I look 25 when I'm not wearing a stitch of makeup.

This moisturizer does not make my rosacea flare up, does not leave a white cast on my skin, moisturizes without feeling greasy, and offers a zinc oxide based SPF. I am not sensitive to all chemical sunscreens, but avobenzone is very irritating to my face, and I find it hard to find products without it. The cerave base includes hyaluronic acid and other high tech sounding skin ingredients that seem to work really well with my skin. I use many of their products, and think they are really well made.

I use this sunscreen over the Paula's Choice antioxidant serum or retinol serum, which I rotate. In the winter, this product is not quite moisturizing enough for me, so I also use an oil product under it, most recently, the PC oil drops moisture booster stuff, which was really nice, or sometimes just plain grapeseed oil.

on 3/19/2015 1:18:00 PM

I love that this doesn't turn me into a greaseball, which a lot of moisturizers do. But my sensitive skin is hating it. I just put it on for the first time this morning, and it absorbed well and worked well with my primer, but as the day has gone on I noticed my face getting itchier and itchier. I checked my compact mirror and noticed my skin turning red under my makeup. I have sensitive skin with acne-rosacea, so if you have these problems I'd stay away -- something in this is causing a reaction.

on 3/13/2015 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

It goes on very white, I had to rub it in for a long time. I had no problem with the aveeno one. I was going to overlook this problem because of the ceramides and niacimide ingredients but I couldn't get pass the smell. The aveeno smells much better and smoother texture. There is also a pm lotion from cerave and it's much better than the am. I wear it under my aveeno with suncreen.

Pro: Has niacimide and ceramides ingredients

Cons: Have to rub in for long time since goes on very white
Has a bad scent

I like the CeraVe product line, but this lotion looks, feels, and smells like a normal sunscreen. It irritates my face.

Yes, just yes. This whole line has changed my skin for the better. Always struggled with acne. Now treating it with extra gentle products (cerave) my skin is clearing and is thanking me. I wish I knew about this line sooner. This is a light everyday moisturizer and I like that it has spf. Makes my makeup go on easy and soaks right into my skin so I don't feel greasy. Loves it!

Popular Moisturizers