August 30, 2014 | 1777 users online

Moisturizers - CeraVe - Facial Moisturizing Lotion - AM SPF 30

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by csif

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Immediately after the first application my face was bright red and burning. I would recommend patch testing this product if you have sensitive skin. Such a bummer! This is the only product to cause an allergic reaction and I hope it's the last.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2014 1:20:00 AM More reviews by Roxysurfergrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My experience with this moisturizer:
1. Causes a white cast that won't rub in
2. Low SPF (I would prefer 45 and higher)
3. Not moisturizing/dried my skin out

My Skin: My skin is dry/acne prone and I am highly sensitive to the products I put on my face. I also have eczema that can react to irritating sunscreens/moisturizers if I'm not careful. I've recently (within the last yearish) started getting cystic acne along my jawline too.

I really wanted to like this product, but between the white cast/low spf I just couldn't keep using it. It also caused several breakouts/ made my current breakouts worse.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by kristanley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This product clogged what seemed like every single pore on my entire face. It started with my forehead and moved downward on my face. I kept using it for a few days but it only got worse, and it has been 2 weeks and my face is still recovering. I bought this in tandem with the PM lotion and got such terrible results! My skin is generally clear, I get a pimple every once in a while like everyone else, but this induced giant patches of skin covered in acne. I didn't even want to leave the house.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by JetJockey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for several months with no adverse reactions. It has a light, creamy lotion texture that I like better than any other facial sunscreen I've tried, but I have very dry skin and sometimes I still have to use a thicker moisturizer on top. The lotion takes about 20-30 seconds of massaging for it it fully absorb and not look streaky, but I don't consider that to be much of an issue. I also like that the packaging is sanitary, and that it contains niacinamide (vitamin B3) and ceramides (lipids that aid in skin's moisture retention).

The issue I have with this product is the four types of sunscreen it contains. The first three (homosalate (12%), octinoxate (7.5%), octocrylene (2%)) only protect against UVB rays, not both UVA and UVB. UVB rays penetrate only the very outer surface of the skin and are responsible for sunburns. So while this lotion IS good for preventing sunburns, it contains a rather low concentration of the ingredient that protects against UVA rays (the 4th sunscreen ingredient, zinc oxide, at only 3.5%). UVA rays are more harmful than UVB rays. They penetrate deeper than UVB rays and are responsible for skin aging and they increase one's risk of skin cancer.

I would have given this a rating of at least 4, if only this sunscreen contained either more zinc oxide or titanium dioxide, the two ingredients to look for in higher concentrations in order to truly benefit from broad-spectrum sun protection.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 1:12:00 PM More reviews by patty48

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Finally, a product with sunscreen that doesn't break me out. I know sunscreen is important but for the life of me I could not find a product that didn't break me out. It didn't matter if it was high end or drugstore (I've tried many of them), within 24 hours I would have a breakout. I was very hesitant to try this (I do use the PM version and have had no problems, but no sunscreen either). I took the dive and started using this a week ago, everyday. No problems what so ever. Yes it does have a little sunscreen scent, I don't mind and it fades rather quickly. I have combo skin, it sinks in and I don't find it greasy at all. Love the pump bottle and locking cap for easy travel. I would recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by ironicsymphonic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This moisturizer is the one thing I have EVER found that keeps me from getting irritated little clogged bumps on my forehead and cheeks. I don't know if it's the niacinamide (topical antioxidant) or something else in the formulation, but this helps scabs heal fast and keeps my face MAGICALLY clear, provided I'm on track with a healthy diet and keeping hair products off my face, etc. I keep being stupid and trying other things, but I always come back to this and it always clears me up within a week. I usually use it at night, but sometimes in the morning as well.

This plus fermented cod liver oil = gorgeous skin. When will I ever learn to stop experimenting?

I don't find it greasy. It soaks in nicely and doesn't leave a whitish cast (but I'm very fair, so take that with a grain of salt). It has no smell. It doesn't sting the eyes if you accidentally get some in there. The pump packaging keeps the product clean, locks so you can't spill it, and the bottle is small enough to go in an airplane carry-on. It lasts several months per bottle, even with daily use, and because of the sunblock in it, I can use it in a pinch to protect my tattoos if I'm out in the sun. And it's easily available everywhere - I can pick it up at any drugstore or Target if I run out.

Yes, it has parabens. No, I don't like that. But I have never had anything else work so well, so I deal with it. Can't win 'em all. This is a simple basic product in simple plain packaging, but I'm not in it for what it looks like; I'm obsessed with what it does.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2014 2:19:00 AM More reviews by Kadyjoi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I like that this is a physical sunblock, but I'm not wild about how it feels on the skin. It's priced and packaged well and doesn't cause any reactions for my sensitive skin, but it doesn't absorb quickly and that's not my favorite when I'm in a hurry to get out the door in the morning. Not bad, but I'll keep looking for my perfect moisturizer + sunscreen.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2014 1:42:00 AM More reviews by inne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love Cerave's plain lotion so I thought this would be great. What a mistake! After a few weeks I developed dry, scaly skin, especially under my eyes, that took forever to go away. My cheeks and forehead were flaky and so sensitive. It also made my chest break out, seemingly within minutes, and gave me a rash on my neck. I am used to being able to put just about anything on my skin - Retin-A, AHAs, heavy moisturizers, all kinds of chemical and physical sunscreens, vitamin C products, etc. - and I have never had a reaction like this before. Very disappointing!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2014 1:08:00 PM More reviews by LambLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for about two weeks and so far I am really happy with it. I was looking for a new daytime moisturizer and thought I would try this out since I liked the hydrating cleanser so much. It also has broad spectrum SPF 30 which is great.

I got the version for oily skin since my skin is not as dry in the summer. It felt hydrating and smooth and made my skin look good and felt soft. It did not irritate my skin or break me out, which is great too. It is not a miracle cream, it did not shrink my pores or prevent breakouts, but it does a good job moisturizing.

I would recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin who wants a good, no-nonsense daytime moisturizer with a decent SPF.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by seaweed88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried this product on the recommendation of my friend and her mother. They loved it, but it left me with clogged pores, a lot of blackheads, and extra dry skin! I stopped using it after 3 days and went back to Cetaphil's Oil Absorbing SPF 30 moisturizer (although i'm not a huge fan of that one either... It's definitely better than CeraVe, though)