CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion - AM SPF 30

3.4

Active: Homosalate (12%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octocrylene (2%), Zinc Oxide (3.5%), Other: Purified Water, Niacinamide, Behentrimonium Methosulfate and Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate and Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Cholesterol, Hyaluronic Acid, Phytosphingosine, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium Edta, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love the pump bottle, it's a light creamy lotion with no scent. It has SPF 30 and it works in the sun! It absorbs perfectly leaving my skin looking healthy moisturized and smooth. It's not greasey at all and is nice under makeup.

on 8/2/2015 9:56:00 PM

I love this product. I use it every morning along with the CeraVe PM moisturizer. It's lightweight but since it has sunscreen you will have to spend a few seconds more rubbing it into your skin. It has a faint sunscreen smell, hydrates, absorbs well, and wears great under my makeup. It doesn't make my make up slide down my face which is a hard find in this Florida heat and humidity

on 6/16/2015 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this at my local Shopper's Drug Mart and it was on sale from $24 to $16 CAD. Compared to many of the SPF lotions/primers at Sephora, I thought this was a pretty good deal. I read mixed reviews about this product but decided to try it for myself. I've been hunting for a good daily SPF moisturizer and have finally found it! Here are my list of pros:

- Wears VERY well under makeup (yes - it does feel heavy at first, but I work it into my skin for a good while and then let it dry for a few minutes before I apply my makeup. Absorbs beautifully.)
- Does not leave a white cast
- Does not irritate my skin (no fragrance/SPF smell whatsoever!)
- Keeps skin moisturized throughout the day without getting oily
- Good for sensitive skin (i.e dryness, rosacea, eczema)

The only negative thing that stood out to me when reading reviews was that this wasn't the best SPF to use as a primary source of protection against UVA (hence one lost star.) I use this daily as I am mostly indoors, with the exception of stepping outside once in a while. If you're going to be laying at the beach all day, I would recommend using a stronger SPF lotion. Otherwise, this is perfect for daily use when you're not in the sun for long periods of time.

on 6/11/2015 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

A huge miss for me. My skin flushed from the chemical filters and became oily as the day went on yet felt deeply dehydrated. I use Elta MD UV Pure over Cerave Moisturising Lotion instead.

on 6/9/2015 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I would not recommend this for daily use under makeup. It is heavy and made my makeup streaky and blotchy even after giving it time to absorb. My skin felt sticky and heavy and my eyes watered a few times while I was using it. I have oily skin to begin with and by the end of the day my skin was an oil slick with this and my makeup (mostly powders) was streaking. Even on days without makeup my skin will get very oily with this on but I still use it when I will not be wearing makeup and need some extra protection (light activities in light sun) since it at least did not make me break out. I still don't love the feel though and usually wash it off as soon as I'm inside since it is so heavy and makes me very oily.

on 6/6/2015 11:03:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have dry, sensitive, eczema prone skin and bought this after my dermatologist recommend it. Like others have said the pump didn't work, plus it has a very heavy sun screen scent. The feel on the skin is fine, not too heavy, but still I won't be buying it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought this about 4 days ago along with the hydrating cleanser that I have written a separate review for. They were both from CVS where it was buy one get one half off. Overall my total came out to be about twenty-one dollars for both products. For the drugstore they are expensive, but the ingredients are also very high-end for the drugstore as well so I would say it is worth the price. This feels heavy on my skin, which is normal and leans toward the oily side. After I apply this my face turns red and it takes a long time for it to settle down. I would say 30 minutes minimum. Since I began using my 2 CeraVe products I have little bumps all over my face. They look like tiny little pimples everywhere. I want to give this skincare line a fair chance, so I intend to stick with it overall. However, according to BeautyPedia (Paula's Choice) the spf ingredients are not substantial enough to protect against premature aging, only against sunburn. My primary reason for wearing a daily spf moisturizer is to protect against premature aging, so that is the reason that I would not repurchase this and it is also the reason I am sadly returning it. CeraVe unfortunately does not make another moisturizer with spf that I want, so I am going to try the Kiss My Face Face Factor SPF 30 Broad spectrum moisturizer and hope that it works for me. If CeraVe came out with a moisturizer that was broad spectrum effective and good over-all, I would definitely purchase it.

on 4/11/2015 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have dry skin, somewhat on the sensitive side because of the medication I take, and I did not experience any kind of negative reaction with this product. However, everyone's skin is different.Because my skin is dry, I need something that is moisturizing otherwise my skin tends to flake. This product is not moisturizing enough for my needs and within hours, I feel my skin becoming tighter. As a sunscreen, I suppose it's okay provided you reapply it later on, as with any sunscreen.

When this product runs out, I will not be purchasing it again because it is not moisturizing enough for my needs. Although it is cost effective, it's pointless if it doesn't work. It would probably be all right for someone with normal to oily skin, however, despite it being recommended for dry skin.

on 3/31/2015 12:35:00 PM

I think this is a great drugstore moisturizer with sunscreen & good ingredients, just not if you have sensitive skin. I've finally figured out that this slightly breaks me out. Even though it's meant to be non-comedogenic, I can tell that every time I use it, I get small white heads that pop up on my skin. This may not happen for everyone, but if you have sensitive skin or skin that is prone to getting clogged easily, this definitely isn't for you. I will say that the ingredient list is top notch for the drugstore though, and the formulation seems to be fine, there's just something about it that makes me break out. It also has a very sunscreen-like smell and consistency, which doesn't bother me, but may be off putting for some.

on 3/30/2015 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

i love this moisturizer before makeup! i've gone through two bottles of it so far and i love the spf and how it still manages to be moisturizing, without overdoing it. i haven't experienced any sort of irritation from using this but i know everyone's skin is different so that doesn't mean much, but i definitely recommend this if you have non sensitive skin and are looking for a good moisturizer with spf.

Popular Moisturizers