January 30, 2015 | 1649 users online

Moisturizers - CeraVe - Facial Moisturizing Lotion - AM SPF 30

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by errimasweetie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore this product. Only moisturizer that keeps my skin hydrated and protected. Doesn't clog-and my skin is very prone to congestion.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by ChloeA

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product because it contained hyaluronic acid and sunscreen. The skin on my face is somewhat sensitive and this product caused my face to breakout - and I very, very rarely get pimples. I'm going back to my Elta MD and Hada Labo.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by aao

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Just a sunscreen?? I was eager to try this. After getting it home, I read the directions... Reapply at least every 2 hours. It reads like it's a basic sunscreen and not for applying under makeup. I guess I missed something or should have paid better attention to all the reviews.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2014 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Sienna007

This broke my skin out something terrible! I gave it to my husband. This was recommended by a dermatologist and now I thing I won't be back to this product or that doctor. Also it's not broad spectrum. I have combination skin that doesn't usually react this badly.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by lollycat99

I HATE this. I did not expect it to be that bad because I love a lot of Cerave's products. But this thing is so hard to blend and once I blend it, my skin feels greasy and i don't know, flaky? I'll run a nail lightly on my face and have all this white gunk in my fingernails. I hate the way this feels on my skin. Won't repurchase

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by madashmada

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to love this stuff until I found out in has almost no protection against UVA rays (the ones that cause cancer). It is nice feeling and cheap and doesn't break out my skin or irritate it, but only UVB protection is too much to overlook.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2014 8:12:00 PM More reviews by ceebee90

This moisturizer is superb. It contains ceramides, hyaluronic acid, niacinimide, AND sunblock. It's better than many MUCH more expensive moisturizers.

I was using another moisturizer I thought I liked by a brand I trust. It was more affordable than this one, contained 4 oz of product, and was good for mixing up tinted moisturizer, but I realized it was making my face greasy and shiny throughout the day. It just never seemed to sink in or evaporate.

This one has twice the SPF of my old one, plus all the other great ingredients. It's a little less moisturizing, but it's perfect for me. Feels elegant going on- smooth and comfortable and not at all greasy. It looks white until you rub it in, but absorbs and becomes invisible almost immediately. Best of all, my skin stays pretty much shine-free all day. My skin has been pretty normal my whole life, but I was starting to think my skin was naturally oily. Turns out, it was my moisturizer.

Makeup goes on great on top of this.

One con and one potential con: No antioxidants is a definite no-no, but I can forgive because I use a serum before putting this on, which is full of antioxidants. And the potential con: It has a sunscreen-y smell right out of the bottle. Doesn't bother me a bit, and the smell disappears pretty quickly.

I also like cerave's PM moisturizer.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by RaquellaDeVille

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wear moisturizer with SPF every day on my fair skin, but I've hated a lot of the products out there because they feel like sunscreen (Olay Total Effects SPF 15... I am talking to you!). They either burn, smell like sunblock, or look/feel greasy and heavy. So I used to LOVE this moisturizer. It doesn't feel disgusting going on even though it has a high SPF. It left my face matte, smooth, and non-greasy. Plus it didn't have an overwhelming sunscreen scent.

HOWEVER -- for those of you sunscreen divas (like me) out there, THIS PRODUCT IS NOT BROAD SPECTRUM. I just called the company to confirm and they said that it does not meet FDA standards for broad spectrum sunscreens, and they have no plans as of now to reformulate the product. That kind of shocks me because Cerave is supposed to make "dermatologist approved" products and it seems ridiculous to me that they are selling a moisturizer with SPF that doesn't totally protect the skin. That's kind of crappy to me.

THEREFORE, as much as I love this moisturizer I will not be repurchasing it. What is the point of wearing a moisturizer with SPF if it doesn't block out all of the sun's dangerous UVA and UVB rays? There are plenty of other products that will. Another great one is the Eucerin Daily SPF 30... it is slightly sticky and smells like sunscreen and leaves a whitish cast but it IS broad spectrum.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Sassymedusa

This is the second time I've tried this product but it just is not for me. It makes my face sting even when I'm not in a particularly sensitive period, and it also leaves my face very shiny. Right now I use the regular CeraVe lotion or cream on my face (with a separate sunscreen), but those don't contain enough antioxidants for them to be beneficial long therm. There has to be something better out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2014 5:34:00 AM More reviews by veelui

i think this is a good winter moisturizer, really does give my skin hydration, i tried it during these summer months and if you are a person who sweats a lot, this product will run a little and in my particular experiences, it cause my sweat to form perfectly even beads around my forehead and nose, it wasfunny to see. and after sweat evaporated, i turned pretty oily, so i had to use powder to set mutt moisturizer to stop being so oily. i also started noticing blackheads on my forehead which i never had b4, i know bc i used to try the biore strips on my forehead and nothing attached to the strip and in these few months i used it again on my forehead, there is an insane amount.. so.. i think that it does a good job moisturizing but not for the summer months bc it will run and the spf wont be utilized