CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion - AM SPF 30

3.4

Active: Homosalate (12%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octocrylene (2%), Zinc Oxide (3.5%), Other: Purified Water, Niacinamide, Behentrimonium Methosulfate and Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate and Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Cholesterol, Hyaluronic Acid, Phytosphingosine, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium Edta, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Yes, just yes. This whole line has changed my skin for the better. Always struggled with acne. Now treating it with extra gentle products (cerave) my skin is clearing and is thanking me. I wish I knew about this line sooner. This is a light everyday moisturizer and I like that it has spf. Makes my makeup go on easy and soaks right into my skin so I don't feel greasy. Loves it!

on 2/23/2015 1:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the sunscreen lotion that I currently use and it is very hydrating. I think people with dry skin would like it. It does cause me some breakouts and it very oily and white looking when it first goes on but it absorbs fairly quickly. Overall, I think there's probably a better sunscreen for my acne-prone skin out there but I will continue using this one up before buying another.

on 12/27/2014 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely adore this product. Only moisturizer that keeps my skin hydrated and protected. Doesn't clog-and my skin is very prone to congestion.

on 12/22/2014 7:28:00 PM

I bought this product because it contained hyaluronic acid and sunscreen. The skin on my face is somewhat sensitive and this product caused my face to breakout - and I very, very rarely get pimples. I'm going back to my Elta MD and Hada Labo.

aao

on 11/28/2014 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Just a sunscreen?? I was eager to try this. After getting it home, I read the directions... Reapply at least every 2 hours. It reads like it's a basic sunscreen and not for applying under makeup. I guess I missed something or should have paid better attention to all the reviews.

on 11/12/2014 8:59:00 PM

This broke my skin out something terrible! I gave it to my husband. This was recommended by a dermatologist and now I thing I won't be back to this product or that doctor. Also it's not broad spectrum. I have combination skin that doesn't usually react this badly.

on 11/5/2014 3:40:00 PM

I HATE this. I did not expect it to be that bad because I love a lot of Cerave's products. But this thing is so hard to blend and once I blend it, my skin feels greasy and i don't know, flaky? I'll run a nail lightly on my face and have all this white gunk in my fingernails. I hate the way this feels on my skin. Won't repurchase

on 10/24/2014 9:16:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I used to love this stuff until I found out in has almost no protection against UVA rays (the ones that cause cancer). It is nice feeling and cheap and doesn't break out my skin or irritate it, but only UVB protection is too much to overlook.

on 10/24/2014 8:12:00 PM

This moisturizer is superb. It contains ceramides, hyaluronic acid, niacinimide, AND sunblock. It's better than many MUCH more expensive moisturizers.

I was using another moisturizer I thought I liked by a brand I trust. It was more affordable than this one, contained 4 oz of product, and was good for mixing up tinted moisturizer, but I realized it was making my face greasy and shiny throughout the day. It just never seemed to sink in or evaporate.

This one has twice the SPF of my old one, plus all the other great ingredients. It's a little less moisturizing, but it's perfect for me. Feels elegant going on- smooth and comfortable and not at all greasy. It looks white until you rub it in, but absorbs and becomes invisible almost immediately. Best of all, my skin stays pretty much shine-free all day. My skin has been pretty normal my whole life, but I was starting to think my skin was naturally oily. Turns out, it was my moisturizer.

Makeup goes on great on top of this.

One con and one potential con: No antioxidants is a definite no-no, but I can forgive because I use a serum before putting this on, which is full of antioxidants. And the potential con: It has a sunscreen-y smell right out of the bottle. Doesn't bother me a bit, and the smell disappears pretty quickly.

I also like cerave's PM moisturizer.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I wear moisturizer with SPF every day on my fair skin, but I've hated a lot of the products out there because they feel like sunscreen (Olay Total Effects SPF 15... I am talking to you!). They either burn, smell like sunblock, or look/feel greasy and heavy. So I used to LOVE this moisturizer. It doesn't feel disgusting going on even though it has a high SPF. It left my face matte, smooth, and non-greasy. Plus it didn't have an overwhelming sunscreen scent.

HOWEVER -- for those of you sunscreen divas (like me) out there, THIS PRODUCT IS NOT BROAD SPECTRUM. I just called the company to confirm and they said that it does not meet FDA standards for broad spectrum sunscreens, and they have no plans as of now to reformulate the product. That kind of shocks me because Cerave is supposed to make "dermatologist approved" products and it seems ridiculous to me that they are selling a moisturizer with SPF that doesn't totally protect the skin. That's kind of crappy to me.

THEREFORE, as much as I love this moisturizer I will not be repurchasing it. What is the point of wearing a moisturizer with SPF if it doesn't block out all of the sun's dangerous UVA and UVB rays? There are plenty of other products that will. Another great one is the Eucerin Daily SPF 30... it is slightly sticky and smells like sunscreen and leaves a whitish cast but it IS broad spectrum.