November 22, 2014 | 983 users online

Blush - MAC - Mineralize Blush - Hang Loose

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2014 6:25:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm totally sold on this blush - this would have to be one of my most reached for Mac blushes in my healthy blush collection *cough..more than one face and two cheeks could ever need.:)

I love that it's unique and different to anything else I already own. On my NC15 skin tone the two colours on together are a lovely baby pink with a shimmery glow and ever so slight lilac - highlight tone on the top of my cheek bones. I'm enjoying using this with an RT stipple brush - dotting the brush in the two colours, doing a couple of layers and really buffing it into my skin for a glowing from within look. I love the subtle glimmery shimmer from the lilac shade. If I over do just the pink side it gives me very dolly pink cheeks,but easy to tone down by really buffing in and putting a light highlighter over the top..

its a great brush to use and pretty foolproof as it blends beautifully. I would imagine on dark skin tones that this one could be a bit of a miss, maybe too light and a bit chalky and the lilac could end up a bit silvery looking.

I will be sad when this is finished and would like to think I could replace it if possible. If you do see this be sure to snap it up as I don't think you will regret it. Iv'e done a comparison swatch above to Love Cloud and Pet Me. If anything I think it is a close blend of the two but is a unique enough product on its own to make it a worthwhile purchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by kawanii

I absolutely adore MAC blushes but I prefer compact ones where it comes with a mini-brush that I can do it quickly without hassle of the blush and brush being separate. Nonetheless, the pigmentation of MAC blushes never disappoint. But this color was too light for me. I'd prefer rose colors that compliment my skintone much better. The color just did not do it for me. I'd recommended this for cooler skintones versus I have a warm undertone.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2012 2:23:00 AM More reviews by FriendlyAussie

I purchased this and promptly gave it away. I adore the colours in the compact but cannot get it to work on my skin! The pink side is too warm, the purple side is too cool and the combination of the two is just all wrong for me.

Like most Mineralize blushes, the texture of Hang Loose is powdery and tends to look cakey. Lasting power is terrible. In my opinion, the only redeeming qualities of this blush are the packaging (I adore MAC packaging) and the way it looks in the pan.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 6:37:00 AM More reviews by alicilera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

i LOVE this! bought it based on the reviews and it gives me a really nice dolly light pink flush, can be easily built up. i apply just the pink part for blush, and use the purple as highlight.. probably can use this for eyeshadow as well!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2011 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Katie75007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this pink-and-purple combination -- it's so pretty! The pink side of the duo has a satin finish, the lilac is highly frosted; they combine to form a very cool-toned, shimmering baby pink glow.

If you draw from both sides equally, the overall color does not show up as well as if you use the pink side more heavily; I normally give the brush a decent coating of pink and finish with the lilac for better color payoff. While I do not wear it every day, it is a fun, iridescent combination that I love having in my collection!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Marigold67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this blush. I missed it in the initial launch of the collection but found it this fall in an off in the middle of nowhere Mac counter in the Bay. I was so excited - it was their last one. Flash forward - my HG blush for sure! Yes, it's shimmery, but swirled together it gives a beautiful baby pink glow to my face that I have yet to duplicate with another blush. I love it so much that when I saw it on the Mac site in the goodbye section, I bought a backup, which is why I said no I would not repurchase - I just don't think I will run out anytime soon. I NEVER buy backups (I have a rather large blush collection I'm afraid). NW20 for reference.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2011 9:20:00 PM More reviews by nmhidi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh, how I HOPE they re-release this shadow! THIS IS MY HG BLUSH! I used to petty much only wear cream blush, then I bought Hang Loose on impulse at my local MAC counter and I fell in LOVE! I never wear it as 2 separate blushes, I always swirl the two together and it gives me such a natural light flush. I can not recommend this blush enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 12:26:00 AM More reviews by madelinex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Forget Stereo Rose! When I saw the promo photos for In The Groove, Hang Loose was the product I had to have. Just looking at it makes me happy: a pretty warm pink on one side and a shimmery lavender on the other. Swirled together, they create a soft, glowy lilac pink on my pale skin. Pick this up if you can!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2010 3:01:00 AM More reviews by Natluvsmac77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful in package, on my skin more of a highlight than a blush.(NC25/30 for reference). It gives a really nice sheen but I wont use everyday and cant see myself running out so no need to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2010 2:17:00 AM More reviews by samp21789

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This blush is so pretty in the packaging but when applying it, it is a bit disappointing. Would look best on someone with dark skin tones. The purple swirl would be a nice highlight for darker skin tones but looks powdery on my medium/light complexion. Love the color in the pot however