Matrix Amplify Shampoo

3.4

Aqua/Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamide Mea, Cocoamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Parfum/Fragrance, Methylparaben, Aminomethyl Propanol, DMDM Hydantoin, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Panthenol, Ci 42053 /Green 3, Ci 47005/Yellow 10.

on 12/10/2014 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Got a bottle for $8 at my local salon and for my fine (aging and color treated) wavy hair ist is just fine.

A very average shampoo. Seems to clean fine without weighing down my fine straight hair. Yet no volume observed. If you want just a basic shampoo, go for it. If you expect some volume, I would not recommend it.

I've been using a normal sized bottle and it has lasted me all year! I love this product, I've been using it off and on for about 5-6 years now and I always go back to it. It makes my fine, limp hair so voluminous and soft, and it lasts till the next day! Definitely will never stray from this shampoo.

on 4/13/2013 1:27:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is the shampoo/conditioner line I always go back to. I've been a hairstylist for 14 years but I was actually first introduced to this product during a salon visit prior to becoming a hairstylist. I was getting my hair colored and when it was time to shampoo it out my stylist used this shampoo, and I was blown away by the scent. I asked her what it was, she told me, I asked her if she would recommend it and I remember exactly what she said: I like this product because the ph makes it easier to remove hair color stains on skin around the hairline. She then recommended a Rusk shampoo/conditioner set, which I did buy that day.
Yeah, so the Amplify set didn't exactly receive a glowing recommendation from my stylist, eh? Nevertheless, I was disappointed in the Rusk I bought because it smelled like lemons/grapefruit (not my favorite). At that time I was teenager and more interested in the smell than results, so at my next salon visit I bought the amplify set strictly because the scent left such a strong impression on me during the last salon visit.
Loved the scent, but also the results. For reference, my hair gets oily quickly, is fine in texture, and thick (lots of hair).
Anyway, as I entered the salon world and throughout my career, every salon shampoo/conditioner line has made its way into my shower. But the Amplify by Matrix is the only line I've come back to and made repeat purchases. Except not for the scent only, but for the results.
This is the only line that doesn't weigh down my hair, it makes my hair feel clean (really clean) without feeling stripped/tangly, and it provides volume. With just about every other shampoo/conditioner line, I've had to alternate between other lines after a week or so because my hair started not being happy. Only the Amplify line can I go through an entire liter of product without feeling it is necessary to "change it up." My hair just seems to really love the Amplify line.

Another thing I like is that this line doesn't contain any silicones, 'cones do a really nasty number on my hair, and 'cone-free products are becoming more and more difficult to find.

on 2/16/2013 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have fine, straight, flat hair. I wanted volume, lift and manageability. Unfortunately what I got from this shampoo was dry, stiff, frizzy hair.
I don't believe this shampoo does any good to your hair. I found it very damaging and all it seemed to do is strip out the moisture out of my hair. So I returned it back to Dellaria and got store credit for it.

on 2/16/2013 4:48:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Love this shampoo. Keeps hair clean for days after without stripping the hair. It is excellent for people who have oily scalp and normal hair, but sensitive skin. It smells fresh. The package is a bottle with flip cap, lightweight and is very easy to use. Matrix is a L'oreal product, and this brand of theirs while not expensive, the results are similar to Kerastase. The only con I find is that most Matrix shampoos tangle hair while washing, and this is no exception. The bottles used to be round and little bigger, now they are oval and little bit smaller but cheaper.

on 8/18/2012 9:08:00 AM

Left my hair limp and flat. Would not recommend.

on 2/10/2012 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been using this product for nearly a year now - and always with the matching conditioner. I just love it. All previous shampoos/conditioners left my hair limp and greasy after one day, where this one I can, if I have to, get 2 and at a push 3 days before I really have to give it a wash again. I find the best result comes from a good shampoo, once, which means being generous with the application. Then lightly towel the hair to remove extra moisture. I then apply the conditioner and if I have time will comb it through before rinsing. I dont leave it on for long as I just doesnt need it. I have shoulder length fine hair, and lots of it. I started using this with shortish hair and even now I still love the results. I dont blow dry, always leave my hair to dry naturally and with a good brush out, comes out great. Only buy this when on special, so makes the price really good value. If I get the litre bottles, I just decanter these for ease in the shower and travel. Definately my favourite to date and the longest I have ever stuck to one shampoo/conditioner range!

on 12/4/2011 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My hair is fine and oily, so I did not find it drying at all. I do think it gives good body, but my hair really is baby fine. I don't use it every day, only a few times a week, so maybe that is why I don't find it drying. For the price, I wish it had a more memorable scent. This is good basic shampoo that goes on sale sometimes at Ulta with Amplify conditioner if you want to try it without paying full price.

on 12/3/2011 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

JUST NO.

Okay, this was my first salon shampoo that I've really ever had. I feel duped because the stylist pressured me into buying it, yes, I could've said no, but she was nice and it was buy one get one free and she was going on and on about how drugstore ones were so bad. So I decided to get this. I was first impressed because it felt good and different then I was used to, but I've noticed that my hair is REALLY dried out and I'm mad, because I had hair stylists saying it was already dried out, but now I can feel it. Plus I feel like it's already made my flat hair even flatter. I'm so angry! Almost anything is better than this!

PS: the lady did a crappy job on my haircut too. :P

Popular Shampoos