December 18, 2014 | 1118 users online

Shampoo - Dove - Damage Therapy - Color Repair

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 7:03:00 AM More reviews by nemesis41

This shampoo cleans my hair nicely. It left it feeling both clean and soft, which is nice. The scent is decent- it's a sort of coconut scent, one I'd describe as soft. The packaging indicates that this is a "lower sulfate" shampoo, and that is evident. This shampoo does not lather as much as others. I'm not sure who the "lower sulfate" bit is meant to attract. I've found that either people don't care or they don't want sulfates, period. Still, if you're looking for a good value drugstore shampoo, this is a good choice.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by ThatGirlWithOmbreHair

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shampoo is something that everyone should have sitting in there cabinet for when you need to change up your hair routine. It's nothing miraculously special but it's nice to get out once in a while (I like the creamy consistency and the delicate smell every once in a while but I wouldn't use it every time). It's good if you are being extra gentle with your hair and it's also good if you don't want to use conditioner due to it being pretty moisturising in its self. Even if your hair isn't colored I would use this because it just seems like a product that does what it says on the tin (cleans without stripping, provides a fresh smell and shine& protects hair colour). However they're Better products out there compared to this one but if you're looking to change your hair up without any risks then it's a good opinion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I bought this shampoo because I have really bright red, colour treated hair and Dove hair care products have worked for me in the past. I have really mixed feelings about both the shampoo and conditioner in this line. The shampoo is an opaque shampoo that is on the thicker side and it very creamy and does a decently nice job and cleansing my scalp without giving my hair the feeling of being stripped. I'm not a huge fan of the fragrance- it smells to me like a blend of pomegranate and coconut which together are very overbearing. I do quite enjoy how this shampoo leaves my hair feeling soft and looking shiny and my colour looks consistently vibrant but where I run in to trouble with this line is that the next day, my hair looks SO greasy! Admittedly, I do have a bit of an oily scalp but I am usually able to get at least 2 days out of a wash but the very next day my hair looks drab. It's a shame because I really love how it makes me hair look and feel on day one but beyond that it looks horrible and as a redhead with damaged hair, I cannot be washing it every single day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by loveoutdoors

Was traveling and forgot my usual shampoo, spotted this in the store with a very reasonable price so I thought I'd give it a go. Very nice, thick, good lather, pleasant smell that fades after rinsing. Once I had to shampoo twice as I had been heping a friend in the garden and my hair was quite dirty. It doesn't seem to dry my hair out and isn't as coney as some shampoos are now. I like it and will keep it in my rotation. Edit: I had to discontinue using this shampoo as my hair became very dry and brittle. Guess it's okay to use occasionally but not a good idea for everyday use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2012 4:07:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i have the white bottle of Color Repair Shampoo, doesnt say 'damage therapy'. cleans fine, doesnt make my temporary color last any longer though.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2011 12:15:00 AM More reviews by dialore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My friend convince me to try this shampoo because it works so well on her, unfortunately i can not say the same thing for me. It did nothing for my hair, it just felt dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by redkitten

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My hair doesnt like many shampoos,in fact always i get itchy scalp,the only one i can use is the Color Protect from Nivea.I got this becouse i want it to try something else after years with Nivea.I use this shampoo from 1month already and this didnt gave me itchy scalp or other issues.I like to use this more after my pre-shampoo tratament and that's olive oil tratament.I must use this shampoo for 3times untill the oil is completly removed.The smell is nice,texture is thick,the shampoo is white.
From this shampoo(i use also the conditioner same line) i get huge volume and very shinny hair,even when my hair is dosnt have a fresh color.Also i am not worried about fadding my color becouse i color my hair every 3weeks anyway.The package is different from the picture from here,mine have white bottle and same red letters and lines.I suppose the package is different becouse they changed the formula recently.
Amazing product and love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2010 11:43:00 AM More reviews by jmaclove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not totally sure how I feel about this shampoo. I used it for the first time this morning. My hair feels pretty soft, but was initially pretty frizzy after I showered. I'll give it one or two more washings to make a real determination on if I like this product or not. My hair still smells like dye and it looks pretty vibrant, so I would say for now it's keeping the color on pretty well. Not sure if I like how my hair ends up looking though. Will update this in about a week.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2010 9:04:00 AM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It's a good shampoo. It really helps keep the color and moisture. I've used more expensive shampoos (biosilk, Redken, Kerastase) with the same results. So I guess that's good news!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by PepsiGirl4Life

I like the smell of this shampoo, but my color still faded within a couple of weeks. Therefore, I would not repurchase this.