August 22, 2014 | 2043 users online

Conditioner - Matrix - Amplify Conditioner

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by lichi79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

One of my staple conditioners. An overall great product. Perfect packaging and the liter bottles are an awesome deal. If you buy them in Ulta you get the pump for free. It rinses out easily and leaves no residue or build up. It has a clean, fresh smell which is subtle. The best part is, that this does not cause me to have any reactions or breakouts. The list of ingredients is small and pretty much basic, which is good for multiple chemical sensitivities. I just wish it left my hair a little easier to detangle after the shower. That is why I took off one lippie.
EDIT: I won't be repurchasing any longer since I find the Chihtsai Ph conditioner to detangle my hair way better and does not cause me any skin issues.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by amygirl3540

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this because it was a good deal and I wanted to try something cheaper. It is not hydrating enough for my hair and it doesn't detangle very well. It might work for someone with shorter hair, maybe? It does not work for me. I also don't like that it's a blue color...it seems really unnatural to me and I end up with blue blobs of conditioner in my shower. I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by oadilemma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product for nearly a year now - and always with the matching shampoo. I just love it. All previous shampoos/conditioners left my hair limp and greasy after one day, where this one I can, if I have to, get 2 and at a push 3 days before I really have to give it a wash again. I find the best result comes from a good shampoo, once, which means being generous with the application. Then lightly towel the hair to remove extra moisture. I then apply the conditioner and if I have time will comb it through before rinsing. I dont leave it on for long as I just doesnt need it. I have shoulder length fine hair, and lots of it. I started using this with shortish hair and even now I still love the results. I dont blow dry, always leave my hair to dry naturally and with a good brush out, comes out great. Only buy this when on special, so makes the price really good value. If I get the litre bottles, I just decanter these for ease in the shower and travel. Definately my favourite to date and the longest I have ever stuck to one shampoo/conditioner range!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2011 2:03:00 AM More reviews by colfaxt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

waste of time, made my fine thin hair waxy & gross feeling. The next morning I looked like I hadnt washed my hair in days, very sad as I was excited with the promise of lightweight moisture volume. taking it back tomorrow, I could barely comb my hair out afterwards, and I use the correct amount.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2011 5:23:00 AM More reviews by Piggie8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just like the shampoo, NO. Dried out my already dried hair and flattened what I thought was the flattest hair ever. My first salon conditioner, I thought I was getting a great deal, buy one get one free, but turns out I'm not. I usually use all of the bottle until I run out before I get something else, but I will not do that. It has a nice texture and smell, but I think I'm going to get this to someone else in the house because I cannot stand it anymore.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2009 10:18:00 PM More reviews by anita0205

I usually really trust Matrix's products, but this one comes out really a terrible result.
I'm surprised lots of reviews said it smells good? I barely can smell any fragrance in this conditioner.
It makes my hair become heavy and greasy. I had to force myself to finish using it...

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2009 7:57:00 PM More reviews by ssunmim

I bought this thinking that it would give me the most awesome volume ever. I have fine hair, but I have a lot of it, so it looks like thick hair. This seriously robbed it of hydration! My hair felt like straw. While it was light weight, which is a good thing, I would not use it in the winter as it robs hair of moisture.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2009 9:53:00 PM More reviews by SwedishGirl26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Extreeemley lightweight! well, this might be an ideal conditioner for very thin hair. But if you´ve got normal - thick hair this doesn't do much for u!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2008 5:59:00 PM More reviews by GoddessGreenEyes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was only recently introduced to Matrix's Amplify line, although it's been around a while -- the shampoo rocks, giving my hair a lot more 'swing' and getting it clean enough to style well, and the conditioner absolutely rocks! It's extremely complementary to the shampoo. While the shampoo gets the styling gunk out of your hair and gives it body, the conditioner works by slipping in and out of the knots in your hair (should you have any), and it makes styling, volumizing, and detangling practically miraculous. No weigh-down, and lots of body and shine. It seals in the benefits of the shampoo and gives my hair a ton of body. I'll repurchase and repurchase! :) I love this line!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2008 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Chrissy12345

I bought the matching shampoo for this conditioner and both products are horrible. It left my scalp itchy and my hair dry. The only good thing about it was its smell. But dont let the smell fool you, dont buy this product!