MAC Haute & Naughty Lash

3.9

on 2/28/2015 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I only got this mascara as the local MAC shop did not have the usual MAC mascara i usually get - Extreme Dimension.

PROS
- pink tip for more natural lashes and great for lower lashes

CONS
- hard to separate lashes when apply with the purple tip, clumps them together, when you try to separate them it just adds more product to the lashes and takes away the length
- doesn't give much length or volume - ok amount of thickness
- takes away the length when i reapply more product

I am happy with MAC Extreme Dimension mascara and don't see the point in me buying another MAC priced mascara with an average outcome. Just meh...

on 2/25/2015 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I asked my boyfriend to pick this mascara up for me. He called me to ask if the price was for just one... So yes, it's pretty expensive! But I tell you, it's worth the price you pay.

I like the pink capped wand for a natural look. The design of the bottle allows the pink wand to hold only a little product, so it doesn't clump at all. Two coats and you've got long, defined lashes that aren't over dramatic. My only complaint that the wand is quite thin and doesn't give the same control the purple wand does.

The purple wand gives you a dark, dramatic look. The brush is loaded up with product - I like to wipe it a little on a tissue before applying to avoid clumps. The formula is a little wet so it can result in clumpy lashes but if you apply with care OR apply the pink before the purple, you can definitely achieve gorgeous, defined lashes.

Also, I like to curl my lashes before applying mascara. I've found this mascara holds the curl well and doesn't weigh the lashes down.

The one thing I dislike about this product is that it runs like crazy. I mean, I haven't been in a situation where my mascara would run (being in the rain, crying, etc), but when I open my eyes after washing my face there is black water all over the place. I don't know if this is how most mascaras are, but I never experienced this with my previous mascars (Covergirl Lashblast). I'm just hoping I never get caught in the rain wearing this mascara, I imagine that would leave me in a total mess.

on 2/9/2015 4:02:00 AM

I used the mascara from body shop for the longest time and got used to its mediocrity. Then i decided to buy the Haute & Naughty mascara by MAC.
This double wand mascara is amazing. The first wand coats your eyelashes in the jet black formula making the lashes look naturally defined and the second wand combined gives you a more dramatic effect.
I almost always used both the wands this made sure that my eyelashes didnt look lumpy.

One con was that I had to repurchase this product very soon as it had dried making my eye lashes look really lumpy and disgusting.

P.S: Love the way this mascara looks.
Xx

ckb

on 12/21/2014 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This review is actually for the Haute & Naughty Too Black Lash Mascara. It's the purple-capped tube -- not the pink one. Wow. The long, slender wand is absolutely perfect. It is drier and separates, elongates, builds and makes my lashes beautiful. Then I put that wand back and pull out the other wand (which is the same wand, just leaves more product on the wand) and push it into my lower lash line for a darker punch and to give more volume. I love the formula and the skinny wand. Not super keen on the heavier wand with more product. But this doesn't flake, lasts all day and I would definitely purchase again. The only con is having to wipe off the excess product from the shorter wand -- it is a bit much.

on 8/25/2014 10:45:00 AM

I bought this mascara for a friend as part of her birthday gift. She loved it and would rave about it to me. Me being a mascara junkie gave in and decided to set my MAC Plus Lash aside for the time being.

Well, Plush Lash did not stay put aside for very long.

The MAC Artist told me that this would lengthen my lashes and give them a full dark impact to them. Well I love dark, intense lashes so this sounded promising.

I like the idea of a dual look brush in one container. If I was feeling simple, I could use the top lid of the brush for a simple look. The brush would be pulled out from the tube clean, with little mascara on it. If I wanted more glam I would use the bottom part of the lid as the brush would be loaded with more.

Using the simple, or I guess "Haute", end of the brush would deliver on a very simple look. I found it just coated my lashes with colour. Nothing extra, no length or volume.

When I used the bottom half of the brush or the "Naughty" end, it just seemed to be a disaster. Gloopy heavy mascara covered the brush. When applied to the lashes, the heavy excess mascara on the brush would cause the lashes to stick together. I would have to go in with another brush to separate them. However, the heavy mascara would still cause the lashes to stick and give me Spider Lashes.

The formula is super wet. It will get everywhere. All over the lid and bottom of the eye.

This formula will melt off your lashes in the littlest bit of humidity or rain. Racoon eyes are guaranteed.

The only thing I like about this product? The colour payoff was pretty good. It did deliver super dark pigment to the lashes!

I paid waaay to much money for this piece of garbage, $30.00SGD/$26.00CDN!

I had no eye irritation with this product.

Would not repurchase, nor recommend!

on 6/13/2014 1:44:00 PM

I love this mascara! I have a hard time with any beauty products because I always feel they do not work on me like its suppsoed to. I have tried several sample mascara's lately but I haven't found any that compaer to Mac's Haute and Naughty! It just works with my eyelashes and seems to last a long time without getting clumpy.

on 6/1/2014 8:56:00 PM

Really really nice mascara. Separates the lashes really well and gives nice clean length.

on 5/25/2014 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

on 5/5/2014 8:13:00 AM

I am not usually posting reviews so I bet you already know I'm gonna be far too honest and I strongly need to give that mascara A GREAT THUMBS UP!!! Firstly I should let you know my Mascara profile : I am a mascara -freak-addict and almost every month I get some new ones. My make-up kit always includes about 5-10 different mascaras and by now I have tried either famous and most disgusted or cheaper and not well-known ones including LancĂ´me Drama Hypnose , loreal , maxfactor ,maybeline, Clinique , etc. When I was gifted macs haute and lash by my b-friend I didn't show great enthusiasm because I already had many . I used it once or twice my lashes where black long and full but that was all . A year and a half since then I tell you that mascara has not dried although my mother uses it every single day and the result is a great natural full-lashes look . For me that I have tried many , I have never seen a mascara lasting that long and it still remains perfect . Love you mac

on 3/20/2014 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The mistake everyone makes is thinking there are actually 2 brushes in this mascara. There's actually only 1 brush. When you twist off the smaller top that actually takes off the excess product and just give you a minimal effect. When you rake off the main (bigger) top it gives you more product for a dramatic effect. Now if you take off the 1st top (set it aside) and then unscrew the main cap you will see there is no brush....
Anyway, I thought I would like this but for the first time in mascara history for me, it makes my eyes itchy after a while. Not sure what's in it but I don't like it. I do love the packaging tho....

Video Reviews & Tutorials