April 17, 2014 | 975 users online

Mascara - MAC - Haute & Naughty Lash

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2014 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Chyna054

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The mistake everyone makes is thinking there are actually 2 brushes in this mascara. There's actually only 1 brush. When you twist off the smaller top that actually takes off the excess product and just give you a minimal effect. When you rake off the main (bigger) top it gives you more product for a dramatic effect. Now if you take off the 1st top (set it aside) and then unscrew the main cap you will see there is no brush....
Anyway, I thought I would like this but for the first time in mascara history for me, it makes my eyes itchy after a while. Not sure what's in it but I don't like it. I do love the packaging tho....

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 12:17:00 AM More reviews by ryapapaya

I Haven't purchased a full size Mascara since I became a Sephora VIB and got minis all the time. I decided to try something from MAC and since they don't really do samples I took a leap of faith and purchased a full size.
I am so glad I did! The packaging is really what makes this mascara worth while. There are two different wands nested inside one another and basically when you pull the main wand out you get tons of product on the wand for very sultry looks. When you pull the smaller secondary wand it gets pulled through the main wand and pulls excess product off with it. Leaving the brush with minimal product on it. For a more Doe Eyed natural mascara application.
The mascara formulation is also quite nice, there is no flaking and great staying power even though it isn't a waterproof, my lashes still feel soft and not stiff.
The one downside I have found is that sometimes it clumps if you coat it on like you're painting a barn.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2013 7:14:00 AM More reviews by MannieKu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Horrible! Clumps, flakes. Ugh for the price you would think it would do its job! Never bought it again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by misanders

This was a good thickening mascara, but it doesn't work with my sensitive eyes. There is something in this that burns. If my eyes water or even when washing this off and it gets in my eyes it was horribly irritating. Just not the mascara for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by mugetto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

very good product. if you put one additional layer with Mac Extreme Dimension mascara, you'll have lashes like spider legs !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by NerdyLibrarianGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

One of my favourite mascaras! I love the "dual" brushes. I use the shorter brush with more mascara on the bristles for the first coat, and then the longer brush with less product for the second coat. The design really helps coat and seperate your lashes. It gives such a dramatic effect I've been asked if I am wearing false eyelashes. It wears all day (no flaking or smudging) yet washes off easily and completely when I wash my face. I'm on my second tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by monisha26

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'd never tried a mac mascara, but thought i'd give this one a go after a reccomendation by an artist at the mac stand in Selfridges.
It's a really good mascara, giving length and volume. People ask me whether I am wearing false lashes when I wear this.
It is expensive (£18), but you do not need to use a base coat mascara with this and is well worth the investment. Lashes do not need to be curled prior to use, but doing so will make lashes look even more dramatic.

The 2 downsides are price and removing this mascara.
The mascara does take a lot of time to remove, and i have found something unique to this mascara is that gooey black bits get into my eye when I am removing.

Apart from that, I feel that it is an excellent mascara. Better than the Benefit they're real mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by weirdhologurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara is amazing! It makes my lashes dark, full & long. I've repurchased it 3 times so far. It doesn't smell, irritate my eyes or flake.

The only down side is the bigger brush (naughty) can gather too much product on it, and transfers when I apply. Forcing me to clean up my lash line after. Also it can smudge throughout the day in summer heat if you get a little sweaty. Wish this would come in a waterproof version.

The best way to use it, for me at least, is to apply 1-2 coats with the thin brush (haute) followed by 1 or 2 coats of the fuller (naughty) brush. Hope this helps someone fighting with this mascara, took me a few tries t getting the best look.

Even with the few downsides I <3 this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by CKHerrera

Hands down best mascara EVER!! My lashes are naturally long but are thin and seriously 2 coats are enough to make my lashes look fake. Absolutely love it! Been using for over 1 year and I don't ever plan to buy a different mascara!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2013 3:33:00 AM More reviews by screamstyle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

cute packaging..the dramatic side works more..i end up only using that side.. and it doesn't flake..but its hard to reapply because of the hard texture it makes..