October 2, 2014 | 1063 users online

Mascara - MAC - Haute & Naughty Lash

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2014 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Kittens88

I bought this mascara for a friend as part of her birthday gift. She loved it and would rave about it to me. Me being a mascara junkie gave in and decided to set my MAC Plus Lash aside for the time being.

Well, Plush Lash did not stay put aside for very long.

The MAC Artist told me that this would lengthen my lashes and give them a full dark impact to them. Well I love dark, intense lashes so this sounded promising.

I like the idea of a dual look brush in one container. If I was feeling simple, I could use the top lid of the brush for a simple look. The brush would be pulled out from the tube clean, with little mascara on it. If I wanted more glam I would use the bottom part of the lid as the brush would be loaded with more.

Using the simple, or I guess "Haute", end of the brush would deliver on a very simple look. I found it just coated my lashes with colour. Nothing extra, no length or volume.

When I used the bottom half of the brush or the "Naughty" end, it just seemed to be a disaster. Gloopy heavy mascara covered the brush. When applied to the lashes, the heavy excess mascara on the brush would cause the lashes to stick together. I would have to go in with another brush to separate them. However, the heavy mascara would still cause the lashes to stick and give me Spider Lashes.

The formula is super wet. It will get everywhere. All over the lid and bottom of the eye.

This formula will melt off your lashes in the littlest bit of humidity or rain. Racoon eyes are guaranteed.

The only thing I like about this product? The colour payoff was pretty good. It did deliver super dark pigment to the lashes!

I paid waaay to much money for this piece of garbage, $30.00SGD/$26.00CDN!

I had no eye irritation with this product.

Would not repurchase, nor recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by bmclaugh

I love this mascara! I have a hard time with any beauty products because I always feel they do not work on me like its suppsoed to. I have tried several sample mascara's lately but I haven't found any that compaer to Mac's Haute and Naughty! It just works with my eyelashes and seems to last a long time without getting clumpy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Katlan

Really really nice mascara. Separates the lashes really well and gives nice clean length.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by patchouliii

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 8:13:00 AM More reviews by Fenias

I am not usually posting reviews so I bet you already know I'm gonna be far too honest and I strongly need to give that mascara A GREAT THUMBS UP!!! Firstly I should let you know my Mascara profile : I am a mascara -freak-addict and almost every month I get some new ones. My make-up kit always includes about 5-10 different mascaras and by now I have tried either famous and most disgusted or cheaper and not well-known ones including LancĂ´me Drama Hypnose , loreal , maxfactor ,maybeline, Clinique , etc. When I was gifted macs haute and lash by my b-friend I didn't show great enthusiasm because I already had many . I used it once or twice my lashes where black long and full but that was all . A year and a half since then I tell you that mascara has not dried although my mother uses it every single day and the result is a great natural full-lashes look . For me that I have tried many , I have never seen a mascara lasting that long and it still remains perfect . Love you mac

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2014 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Chyna054

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The mistake everyone makes is thinking there are actually 2 brushes in this mascara. There's actually only 1 brush. When you twist off the smaller top that actually takes off the excess product and just give you a minimal effect. When you rake off the main (bigger) top it gives you more product for a dramatic effect. Now if you take off the 1st top (set it aside) and then unscrew the main cap you will see there is no brush....
Anyway, I thought I would like this but for the first time in mascara history for me, it makes my eyes itchy after a while. Not sure what's in it but I don't like it. I do love the packaging tho....

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 12:17:00 AM More reviews by ryapapaya

I Haven't purchased a full size Mascara since I became a Sephora VIB and got minis all the time. I decided to try something from MAC and since they don't really do samples I took a leap of faith and purchased a full size.
I am so glad I did! The packaging is really what makes this mascara worth while. There are two different wands nested inside one another and basically when you pull the main wand out you get tons of product on the wand for very sultry looks. When you pull the smaller secondary wand it gets pulled through the main wand and pulls excess product off with it. Leaving the brush with minimal product on it. For a more Doe Eyed natural mascara application.
The mascara formulation is also quite nice, there is no flaking and great staying power even though it isn't a waterproof, my lashes still feel soft and not stiff.
The one downside I have found is that sometimes it clumps if you coat it on like you're painting a barn.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2013 7:14:00 AM More reviews by MannieKu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Horrible! Clumps, flakes. Ugh for the price you would think it would do its job! Never bought it again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by misanders

This was a good thickening mascara, but it doesn't work with my sensitive eyes. There is something in this that burns. If my eyes water or even when washing this off and it gets in my eyes it was horribly irritating. Just not the mascara for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by mugetto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

very good product. if you put one additional layer with Mac Extreme Dimension mascara, you'll have lashes like spider legs !