April 18, 2014 | 1442 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Colorist Secrets Shine Gloss

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2013 9:04:00 AM More reviews by brooklynbee

For $12 and 10 minutes, it's not like it was a huge commitment, and I wasn't expecting miracles, but this really did nothing for my hair. I didn't notice any difference after using this product, except my scalp seemed kind of irritated, and it's pretty smelly during and after use. Also my hair seemed a little greasy. Greasy does not equal shiny. Would not buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

Does what it promises by providing great shine, but beware: over time it will lighten your hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by tourmalinequeen

Pretty much a waste of money. Added a teeny bit of shine, ten bucks for very little return. Won't be buying again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2010 4:51:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well, just comes to prove that not everything works for everyone. I am very happy with this product. After a whole summer of swimming in the pool, my hair became very dry (in spite of the cautions I took). So I decided to try this product. I like it. Very easy to apply, only takes 10 minutes. My hair was dull, straw-like, and now it actually shines. It's not a mirror-like shine, but then again my hair was in bad condition.

It also made my hair very manageable and much smoother. I will give it another try when the time comes to re-apply.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2010 2:59:00 PM More reviews by pama4rc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Colorist Secrets Shine Gloss by L'Oreal will do nothing extra for your hair. NOTHING. Went through the process, dried my hair and styled it. No difference than before I used the product. Waste of time, money and effort.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2010 1:40:00 PM More reviews by sunstar29

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

OK, this is not some shine miracle, and if you have extremely damaged hair this will not turn it into shiny model hair. But it will make your hair better.

I have fine hair that is in decent shape, but my natural color is sort of bronde and needs a little lift or it looks flat. I gave this a try thinking that if my hair was shinier the color might pop more. After using this product I can say it doesn't really add a ton of shine, but it does up the vibrancy of my hair color and my hair is much softer and more manageable.

I would say this is more like a color-boosting conditioning treatment than a shine treatment, but on those grounds it works well. I'd use it again and recommend it to someone with dull or unruly hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by kanka999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Horrible. I don't think I've ever reviewed anything and gave it a rating of 1. This is supposed to add shine and gloss to previously colored hair without lifitng or altering the color. All this did was make my hair a dry, lifeless mess. It really affected my hair qualty which I've never experienced with coloring my hair before. Plus...I'm not sure but it was almost like the active glossing product and conditioner were in the wrong tubes. The Step 2 product which is what you mix with the developer to leave on for 10 minutes seemed more like a conditioner while the Step 3 conditioner you use after your rinse smelled more like the active product. It was just weird. My highlights seemed to look more brassy and orange too. Don't waste your money on this...it wasn't cheap either...$13 or so.