BeneFit Cosmetics The POREfessional

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethiccone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, isononyl isononanoate, silica, dimethicone crosspolymore, isodedecane, phenoxyethanol, polymethyl methacrylsate, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), cyclohexasiloxane, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), mico, iron oxides, (CI 77492), limonene, iron oxides (CI 77491), iron oxides (CI 77499), triethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT.

on 8/26/2015 9:06:00 PM

Woah, I am surprised at the bad reviews for this.

This is absolutely a HG product for me. The only primer that doesn't break me out, blurs my insanely huge pores (no other product does it as well) and it makes my foundation look flawless.

I can reapply in the middle of the day and mix it in with the foundation and its all perfect again. To me it feels almost like a pore filling, mattifying mousse.

I have combination skin and my nose gets greasy easily. I come from Scandinavia so the weather is on the cooler side. I wouldn't say it keeps me from going greasy, but thats really the only thing I can complain about.. That, and the insane price.

The former tube was TINY, I actually though it was a free tester when I got it.. Not a good thing. 7,5mL - ridiculously small with a huge price tag... If you used it on your entire face, you would use it up in a week!

However in my country they have since replaced the 7,5 with a 15mL tube, and you get it at a better price. I also only use it on my T-zone, mostly my nose.

I will keep repurchasing, however if I needed it for my entire face I would go for something else - otherwise it will be a costly affair!

on 8/20/2015 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Super pricey for such a tiny bottle...~$40
I think I went through 2-3 bottles before I decided to stop. My skin felt really nice and soft after I used it, but was ultimately too drying initially especially if you use a matte-finish foundation on top, then it will look cakey. But after a few hours when my face starts getting oily, then my skin starts to look natural.

on 8/10/2015 7:37:00 PM

Awful! This did absolutely nothing for me and just felt really drying on the skin! Luckily I only have sample sizes

on 8/10/2015 2:10:00 PM

I got this in sample size to try in a benefit set. I don't think this primer is anything special, and most drugstore primers can do the same job as this for a fraction of the price. I had heard such good things about this product but to be honest I don't think it lived up to the hype.

on 8/9/2015 11:36:00 AM

I really like this primer. I have combination skin and I use two different primers. A matte primer for my t-zone and a pore-minimizing/regular primer for my cheeks and other areas. I think this does a pretty good job at minimizing my pores (definitely does not completely fill). It's very silicone-y. It is pretty long-wearing, I guess. I don't care too much about primers for my cheeks. I may repurchase, but the full size is expensive. I think I can find some drugstore options.

on 8/8/2015 1:55:00 AM

I really love this product!

Pros:
-smooths out my skin
-keeps my makeup for a long time
-packaging is so easy to use
-smells great

Cons:
-pricey
-the tube doesn't last long

on 8/7/2015 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am a big fan of this primer, i have big pores and i feel as though (as it says) POREfessional reduces their appearance, although its expensive (possibly overpriced) it does keep my foundation on for longer.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I got samples of this and gave it a GOOD try before posting this negative review here. This products states that it diminishes/disappears the appearance of pores and extends the wear time of foundation when used. Well, none of those statements turned out to be true in my experience.
The first time I tried it I had applied my snail gel moisturizer beforehand, letting it get absorbed into my skin first before smoothing this primer over my skin. I have huge pores around my cheeks and nose, and foundation normally breaks down in those areas first after four hours. This primer did NOT reduce the appearance of my pores and foundation still broke down within four hours into the day.
Second time I gave it a try, I applied NO moisturizer or SPF beforehand and I obtained the same results.
Third time I tried it I applied a thicker layer of this primer than what I had applied the previous tries. Same bad results.

All in all, over priced as hell, doesn't work for oily skin with huge pores and a tropical environment, and I think YouTubers are getting paid a ton of money to sponsor and recommend this because there is no way in heaven this really works!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This felt like an oil slick on my skin. It didn't really blur my pores either, and made me break out a bit on my chin. Not worth the hype. I still prefer my Hard Candy or Elf to this mess of a product

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is pricey and performs in exactly the same way as other cheaper blur creams on the market. Save your money and buy one of those - you will get exactly the same result.

Popular Primer/ Correctors