Clean & Clear Advantage 3-in-1 Exfoliating Cleanser

4.1

Active: Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Inactive: Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Carbomer, Fragrance, Glycerin, Menthol, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Polyethylene, Potassium Polyphosphate, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Sulfate, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Titanium Dioxide, Water, Zinc Lactate

on 5/18/2015 10:48:00 PM

I don't know how I feel about this product. I feel like it may have worked slightly, but it dried out my skin more. I don't really like it much but I wanted to use the rest of it. When I stopped using it, my skin started to clear up. I think it's just too harsh for sensitive skin. I don't know if that's part of the reason b/c I changed other things too.

on 4/6/2015 12:04:00 AM

I remember using this a long time ago..and I HATED this thing. it burnt my face and it stayed red for the longest time..it didn't do anything good. i think sensi ppl should stay away or at least try this first as a spot treatment.

on 10/4/2014 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is the best cleanser I've used this far. My holy grail. This cleanser helps get rid of my acne really fast and helps to prevent it. its only been about a month since i've started using this and saw amazing results after 2 weeks, i have not broken out since and will always continue using this. The only downside about this product it will bleach any towel that is coloured because of the benzoyl peroxide that it contains. Other than that I am loving this cleanser!

on 8/19/2014 1:38:00 PM

I love this stuff! However, I wish there was more in the tube, it seems like its only filled halfway. Maybe I just picked up a bad tube. Regardless of that, this stuff is amazing!! I picked this up at my Walmart because I was tired of breaking out and I knew how my skin reacted with BP but I wanted something with a little less than 10% to use in the morning to still kick the blemishes out, but not irritate my skin. The little scrubby beads really clean off the dead skin and any product I have on my face and brighten my skin and push the medicine into my pores. I have noticed a significant difference in my skin since I've picked this up about two months ago!

on 8/19/2014 12:40:00 PM

I love how my skin feels after using this. It's soft and glowy. My skin is very prone to acne but tough. I get clogged pores on my chin and nowhere else. This cleanser doesn't unclogged pores but it doesn't congest it either. I love the BP in it because thats the only medication that works on my breakouts.

Switched from the Clean & Clear Continuous Control Cleanser to this, because I was noticing the 10% Benzoyl Peroxide was drying out my skin a lot more than it had before. This exfoliating cleanser is the same exact formula and scent as the other one, but has 5% Benzoyl Peroxide. I find that this makes a huuuuge difference for my skin. Benzoyl Peroxide is very strong, but it is the only thing that keeps my skin clear. I find I ONLY need this cleanser to keep my acne at bay.

Like I said, this cleanser is the same exact formula as the other one just with a lower % of BP. I find I really enjoy using this one because it does have some gentle exfoliating beads (other one doesn't) which keep away all the grime. I use this in the shower at night with my Clarisonic, and after my BeFine cleanser in the morning. It smells pretty "minty", and will hurt if you get it in your eyes - so be careful! Also, BP this strong will bleach your towels, pillowcases and clothing - I suggest using "backups" that you don't mind getting stained. Oh, the things we are willing to do when we love something!

on 5/9/2014 11:51:00 AM

I was surprised how much I liked this cleanser. I haven't used many drugstore brand acne cleansers since high school and college, because I grew frustrated with their "sameness" (all using the same ingredients in different colors and fragrances), their lack of effectiveness, and their inclusion, ironically, of bad-for-your-skin ingredients. Don't get me wrong, this one meets criteria #1 and #3 from my list, but amazingly, it has been effective on my skin. It contains BP, which as I mentioned, so do dozens of others of acne products, so they aren't exactly innovating there. It also contains as ingredients #2 and #4 on the inactive ingredient list PETROLATUM (yes, Vaseline) and MINERAL OIL (a yucky, junk filler). That being said, if you have SEVERE acne and oily skin with lots of break-outs, I would avoid this. I could not have used this product as a younger person and have had success. My skin would have hated it. If this is you, I HIGHLY recommend trying Phisoderm's gel acne cleanser or AcneFree's acne wash. For something with exfoliating properties, try Alba Acnedote's acne scrub. At this point in my life, I am older and my skin has changed. I still use the Phisoderm, AcneFree, and Acnedote from time to time, but I find that I get dry patches now, when I never used to. I decided to give this 3-in-1 a try for two reasons: 1. I think part of the reason my skin breaks out is that is needs help in cell turnover (I need manual exfoliation), and 2. I was aware that it included "yucky" ingredients like petrolatum and in my case that might actually help prevent the dry patches. I'm getting married in 8 days, so of course, my skin has been AWFUL for the past several weeks, especially by my mouth and chin. So embarassing at my age. I picked this up and figured I'd give it a try, why not, it's cheap...and it has really helped. I suppose, if I think about it, BP is one of the few anti-acne ingredients I wasn't getting from any other source. Adding it in to my mix of cleansers, toners, topicals, and oral vitamins/ meds seems to have helped. My chin/lip area mess has really cleaned up and doesn't feel as though I have as many little bumps waiting to come up to the surface and give me problems. I also really, really like the smell of this product; it's light and really fresh. And it has just the right amount of exfoliating particles. I will definitely keep a tube around, even if it's not the cleanser I end up using constantly. I would just kind in mind some of my other suggestions if you are really oily and/or breaking out badly. This product works for me at this stage in life, but your skin might be at a different, more volatile place.

on 2/10/2014 10:17:00 PM

This product really dried out my skin! My sister had the same results when she tried it. I would only recommend using this product if you have very oily skin

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I dont know how i feel about this....it has a nice scent and feels very cooling, but it is very harsh. i thought it was working at first, but it just overdried my skin and didnt help my acne in the long run. it also made my skin very rough and red, and the dryness made me overproduce oil which is the opposite of what i wanted. :( also, as a side note: benzoyl peroxide (the acne fighting ingrediant in this) tends to expire after 3 monthes!! so i would recomend throwing this away after three monthes because it will stop being affective

on 12/15/2013 9:29:00 PM

This has helped with my very bad breakouts and i turn to it when i am on my period. A week before my period i get horrible breakouts and need to relieve my skin. This helps so much at preventing zits and also treating zits once they come to a surface.