August 1, 2014 | 1775 users online

Cleansers - Clean & Clear - Advantage 3-in-1 Exfoliating Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

Switched from the Clean & Clear Continuous Control Cleanser to this, because I was noticing the 10% Benzoyl Peroxide was drying out my skin a lot more than it had before. This exfoliating cleanser is the same exact formula and scent as the other one, but has 5% Benzoyl Peroxide. I find that this makes a huuuuge difference for my skin. Benzoyl Peroxide is very strong, but it is the only thing that keeps my skin clear. I find I ONLY need this cleanser to keep my acne at bay.

Like I said, this cleanser is the same exact formula as the other one just with a lower % of BP. I find I really enjoy using this one because it does have some gentle exfoliating beads (other one doesn't) which keep away all the grime. I use this in the shower at night with my Clarisonic, and after my BeFine cleanser in the morning. It smells pretty "minty", and will hurt if you get it in your eyes - so be careful! Also, BP this strong will bleach your towels, pillowcases and clothing - I suggest using "backups" that you don't mind getting stained. Oh, the things we are willing to do when we love something!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2014 11:51:00 AM More reviews by KatWKSF

I was surprised how much I liked this cleanser. I haven't used many drugstore brand acne cleansers since high school and college, because I grew frustrated with their "sameness" (all using the same ingredients in different colors and fragrances), their lack of effectiveness, and their inclusion, ironically, of bad-for-your-skin ingredients. Don't get me wrong, this one meets criteria #1 and #3 from my list, but amazingly, it has been effective on my skin. It contains BP, which as I mentioned, so do dozens of others of acne products, so they aren't exactly innovating there. It also contains as ingredients #2 and #4 on the inactive ingredient list PETROLATUM (yes, Vaseline) and MINERAL OIL (a yucky, junk filler). That being said, if you have SEVERE acne and oily skin with lots of break-outs, I would avoid this. I could not have used this product as a younger person and have had success. My skin would have hated it. If this is you, I HIGHLY recommend trying Phisoderm's gel acne cleanser or AcneFree's acne wash. For something with exfoliating properties, try Alba Acnedote's acne scrub. At this point in my life, I am older and my skin has changed. I still use the Phisoderm, AcneFree, and Acnedote from time to time, but I find that I get dry patches now, when I never used to. I decided to give this 3-in-1 a try for two reasons: 1. I think part of the reason my skin breaks out is that is needs help in cell turnover (I need manual exfoliation), and 2. I was aware that it included "yucky" ingredients like petrolatum and in my case that might actually help prevent the dry patches. I'm getting married in 8 days, so of course, my skin has been AWFUL for the past several weeks, especially by my mouth and chin. So embarassing at my age. I picked this up and figured I'd give it a try, why not, it's cheap...and it has really helped. I suppose, if I think about it, BP is one of the few anti-acne ingredients I wasn't getting from any other source. Adding it in to my mix of cleansers, toners, topicals, and oral vitamins/ meds seems to have helped. My chin/lip area mess has really cleaned up and doesn't feel as though I have as many little bumps waiting to come up to the surface and give me problems. I also really, really like the smell of this product; it's light and really fresh. And it has just the right amount of exfoliating particles. I will definitely keep a tube around, even if it's not the cleanser I end up using constantly. I would just kind in mind some of my other suggestions if you are really oily and/or breaking out badly. This product works for me at this stage in life, but your skin might be at a different, more volatile place.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by rachaelhutson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product really dried out my skin! My sister had the same results when she tried it. I would only recommend using this product if you have very oily skin

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2014 6:47:00 PM More reviews by ScarletteLawson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I dont know how i feel about this....it has a nice scent and feels very cooling, but it is very harsh. i thought it was working at first, but it just overdried my skin and didnt help my acne in the long run. it also made my skin very rough and red, and the dryness made me overproduce oil which is the opposite of what i wanted. :( also, as a side note: benzoyl peroxide (the acne fighting ingrediant in this) tends to expire after 3 monthes!! so i would recomend throwing this away after three monthes because it will stop being affective

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by melisavhealth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has helped with my very bad breakouts and i turn to it when i am on my period. A week before my period i get horrible breakouts and need to relieve my skin. This helps so much at preventing zits and also treating zits once they come to a surface.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by chickiep21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

After my accutane treatment, my skin for the most part is clear. Unfortunately I recently started taking a biotin supplement for growing out my hair and it wreaked havoc on my skin! I had multiple red and painful cysts on my face and my Oxy sensitive skin cleanser with 5% bp wasn't doing anything. I used the Clean & Clear advantage exfoliating cleanser prior to Oxy and it was working great but I'm not a faithful girl to my products and I always want to try other brands. As soon as I went back to using this cleanser my pimples got smaller and smaller and now my skin is pimple free once more! This one is definitely a keeper and I think that it will work for a lot of people struggling with acne.

I use this once or twice a day and I find it works best if I leave the cleanser on my wet face for at least 30 seconds before I wash my face. I see results after maybe two or three days of continuous use. I love the way it makes my skin feel: refreshed and soft. It never dries out my skin and with some moisturizer I can wear foundation after using this without seeing any flakies. I bought this at both walmart and target for around 6 bucks. Definitely a steal! I hope they never discontinue this or else I'm gonna have to buy everything they have in stock lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2013 2:02:00 AM More reviews by petiterugger

I have combination skin. I have searched high and low for products that work well with both parts of my skin without damaging the other parts (for example, I have tried products that dry out my oily T-zone, but don't do enough for my dry cheekbones). Nothing ever seemed work for my face! It was a constant battle of extremely dry patches versus very oily parts. I was pretty skeptical about this product and didn't really appreciate it until I tried something else. This product dries out my oily spots very well. It can dry out my non-oily parts, but moisturizer fixes that! After I ran out of this, I decided to try Biore Combination Skin Cleanser. WORST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE. It broke my forehead out horribly! I looked like I had a bad rash on my skin! As soon as I switched back to Clean and Clear 3 in 1 Exfoliating Cleanser, my skin cleared back up immediately! I'm never switching again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by xxch3yxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is by far my favorite cleanser ever. My major problem is I can never find a strong enough cleanser that wont dry out my face (because I'm prescribed with Differin). The exfoliating beads in this acne preventing cream really helps scrub away at the dead skin leaving my face free from dryness and clear of most my acne. Iv never been a fan of Clean & Clear but their new Advantage line has done me wonders! It's by far my most favorite cleanser iv tried and I'm sticking to it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Wincell

Clean and Clear 5 % benzyl peroxide, the only wash that cleared my acne. continuous control Clean and clear is good too. I've been battling acne for years, from moderate adult acne and in 2 weeks of using this product, it cleared my skin, it can be drying to your skin but use a very good moisturizer, clean and clear salicylic .05% worked perfectly. I've been seeing Dermatologist back and forth and prescribing me antibiotics (Doxy) for 3mos, it helped a bit but clean and clear gave my confidence back, I've spent dollars and dollars trying to find the product that would work for me, but clean and clear helped. Thank you so much. my skin is better than before!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by Corina1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been following the acne.org regimen since November 2012. I just recently got the AHA which made my skin shed. My skin is not clear but is a lot better than it ever was without BP. I hate the amount of steps it takes to maintain somewhat clear skin.

morning: wash, BP, wait 15 min, moisturizer, wait 5 min, makeup with SPF
night: wash, wash again, BP, wait 15 min, AHA+moisturizer

I got this because I feel like I need some type of exfoliater to help slough the surface of my skin while trying to incorperate AHA. Also, I would like see if my skin can keep its cool while using BP as a wash instead of a leave on treatment. That way maybe I can cut a step out of my routine.

I've only had this product for about a week. So far I love that this is thick so it doesn't run in my eyes and down my neck. I like the scrubby beads, but I think it'd be better with a few more. This smells good, it's refreshing. My skin feels soft and fresh after using this.