October 20, 2014 | 948 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Palladio - Herbal Liquid Foundation Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by SandiesNailz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this primer!! My skin feels soft and refreshing not sticky like other primers!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2014 4:12:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This primer was just okay. It did make my skin feel silky smooth, but I can't say that it controlled oil or made my foundation work any better. In fact, my foundation pooled into the pores on my nose just as badly when using this product than without it. This primer was also kind of expensive. I paid over $10.00 dollar for a small tube at Sally's Beauty Supply, which is a lot to pay for something that doesn't really do anything. I won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by cheesedippable

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use a very small amount, around a pea size or a little less, and I feel like it's able to make my skin smoother for foundation application. All you really need is that amount. Anymore and I think it might pill and it won't absorb as well into your skin. I definitely see minimizing of my pores with this, although I don't really notice any significant difference to the wear time of my foundation. I have combination skin with an oily t-zone and I definitely always notice the shine on my nose no matter if I'm wearing this primer or not, so it doesn't do much for keeping oil at bay.

Overall, I really like this product because it minimizes my pores and a little goes a long way..

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by yolanda71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This primer does not work for me. I feel my skin a bit smoother and my liquid foundation glides more easily but that is all. I will not buy it again. It does not fit to my skin texture.

It is a good pair though with the YSL Touche Eclat foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2014 2:56:00 AM More reviews by allyxo141

I bought this primer after hearing so many people rave about it on here, but honestly I'm far from impressed. It was $16 for a very tube at sally's to start off with. I find myself having to use a lot to cover my face mainly because you cant feel it on your skin to the point where I cant even tell what parts of my face ive put it on. It does make my skin feel soft, I'll give it that much. But as far as minimizing pores and improving the the wear of my makeup id say it does almost nothing. I really wanted to love this, but as of right now I most definitely wont be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2014 4:07:00 AM More reviews by bowie1995

I don't really understand why so many people rave about this product I mean different people, different experiences but it did not work for me. I have combo/mostly dry skin and yeah silicone doesn't go well with dry skin but I figured I'd go with the ratings and buy it. No primer has ever pilled on me but this did and it didn't do anything for my skin, no minimizing pores and no smoothing of the skin. Sure, it made my skin feel a little bit softer but for 11.99 that's hardly worth it in my opinion. If you have dry skin or large pores, skip it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 3:31:00 AM More reviews by justanne

This is a fantastic primer if you have oily skin like I do and want to improve your make up's wear time. I can honestly tell the difference when I'm wearing primer and when I'm not. My make not only stays longer, it looks better. This has definitely become a staple in my everyday make up routine and I'm not looking anywhere else. Trust me, I've tried both drugstore & high end but this one beats them all - laura mercier, smashbox, benefit, elf, maybelline, you name it! Seriously, if you want a primer that actually does its job, pick this one up NOW.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 1:32:00 AM More reviews by AddiNoRegrts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this primer for a good while , and let me just tell you that it's an amazing primer. I absolutely love it❤️ Hands down! It makes my skin feel so smooth and my foundation glides on perfectly. It keeps my foundation lasting longer through out the day. I highly recommended👌

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by brittlovesmakeup89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this product. I think it's a great dupe for the Smashbox photo finish primer. It goes on very silky and smooth, just like the Smashbox and has the same consistency. My foundation applied flawlessly with this as my base. It created a great canvas, never oily or blotchy.

PRO'S
doesn't clog pores
full of antioxidants
foundation lasts longer and applies smoother
fills in fine lines and pores
doesn't feel heavy or greasy
nice packaging-squeeze tube with screw on lid
lasts forever-a little goes a long way

CON'S
somewhat pricey for some at $12 (still much cheaper than Smashbox)

Ladies, this primer is worth trying, especially if you are a fan of the Smashbox and are looking for a cheaper alternative. And if you don't like it for whatever reason, you can return it with your receipt. This is available at Sally Beauty Supply, online and in-store, as well as Palladio's website. And just a tip, always let your primer set for a couple minutes before applying your foundation. Just as letting your foundation set, this is an important step in your make-up routine. If your primer doesn't have time to absorb, it just sits on the skin and mixes with your foundation, making it look a lot more sheer than it should. Primer isn't for everyone, but I couldn't live without it! I hope I helped anyone who is curious about trying this. Palladio is an amazing brand and I'm so glad I discovered them. They have a lot of other great products as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Crackleball

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Perfectly comparable to higher end brands, this primer minimizes pores and primes skin with an even feeling finish for foundation to glide on. Palladio products are often on sale at Sally beauty or Ulta so this is definitely worth a try!