April 19, 2014 | 1741 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Palladio - Herbal Liquid Foundation Primer

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2014 2:56:00 AM More reviews by allyxo141

I bought this primer after hearing so many people rave about it on here, but honestly I'm far from impressed. It was $16 for a very tube at sally's to start off with. I find myself having to use a lot to cover my face mainly because you cant feel it on your skin to the point where I cant even tell what parts of my face ive put it on. It does make my skin feel soft, I'll give it that much. But as far as minimizing pores and improving the the wear of my makeup id say it does almost nothing. I really wanted to love this, but as of right now I most definitely wont be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2014 4:07:00 AM More reviews by bowie1995

I don't really understand why so many people rave about this product I mean different people, different experiences but it did not work for me. I have combo/mostly dry skin and yeah silicone doesn't go well with dry skin but I figured I'd go with the ratings and buy it. No primer has ever pilled on me but this did and it didn't do anything for my skin, no minimizing pores and no smoothing of the skin. Sure, it made my skin feel a little bit softer but for 11.99 that's hardly worth it in my opinion. If you have dry skin or large pores, skip it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 3:31:00 AM More reviews by justanne

This is a fantastic primer if you have oily skin like I do and want to improve your make up's wear time. I can honestly tell the difference when I'm wearing primer and when I'm not. My make not only stays longer, it looks better. This has definitely become a staple in my everyday make up routine and I'm not looking anywhere else. Trust me, I've tried both drugstore & high end but this one beats them all - laura mercier, smashbox, benefit, elf, maybelline, you name it! Seriously, if you want a primer that actually does its job, pick this one up NOW.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 1:32:00 AM More reviews by AddiNoRegrts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this primer for a good while , and let me just tell you that it's an amazing primer. I absolutely love it❤️ Hands down! It makes my skin feel so smooth and my foundation glides on perfectly. It keeps my foundation lasting longer through out the day. I highly recommended👌

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by brittlovesmakeup89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this product. I think it's a great dupe for the Smashbox photo finish primer. It goes on very silky and smooth, just like the Smashbox and has the same consistency. My foundation applied flawlessly with this as my base. It created a great canvas, never oily or blotchy.

PRO'S
doesn't clog pores
full of antioxidants
foundation lasts longer and applies smoother
fills in fine lines and pores
doesn't feel heavy or greasy
nice packaging-squeeze tube with screw on lid
lasts forever-a little goes a long way

CON'S
somewhat pricey for some at $12 (still much cheaper than Smashbox)

Ladies, this primer is worth trying, especially if you are a fan of the Smashbox and are looking for a cheaper alternative. And if you don't like it for whatever reason, you can return it with your receipt. This is available at Sally Beauty Supply, online and in-store, as well as Palladio's website. And just a tip, always let your primer set for a couple minutes before applying your foundation. Just as letting your foundation set, this is an important step in your make-up routine. If your primer doesn't have time to absorb, it just sits on the skin and mixes with your foundation, making it look a lot more sheer than it should. Primer isn't for everyone, but I couldn't live without it! I hope I helped anyone who is curious about trying this. Palladio is an amazing brand and I'm so glad I discovered them. They have a lot of other great products as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Crackleball

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Perfectly comparable to higher end brands, this primer minimizes pores and primes skin with an even feeling finish for foundation to glide on. Palladio products are often on sale at Sally beauty or Ulta so this is definitely worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

Love this primer! I got it for $8 with coupons at Ulta, which was a great deal. The consistency is very reminiscent of Smashbox primer= DUPE ALERT.

The primer is instantaneously matifying on the skin. This is perfect because I have been using Too Faced Oil-free Primed and Poreless Primer for around $28 dollars. I was a little disappointed with the small size of the tube, but price-wise it is the better deal anyway. This formula is a tinge thinner than the Too Faced primer. Overall, it is very similar clear gel that comes out of a squeeze tube.

Your skin will appear pore-less and smooth. Just test it out on your hand and see! It makes my makeup wear longer too.

Overall, I am very satisfied with this primer. I will most likely repurchase, unless I find something better. This is paraben free!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by lovelyvenice

LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!! From the very moment you finish applying the primer, you can see that the skin is smoothed out and pores are no longer visible. It makes my skin look so flawless,airbrushed and velvety. It does somewhat mattify your foundation on the other hand. So if you're looking for a dewy look this probably isn't the primer for you. Also it's a squeeze bottle, which is the only thing I hate about this product. I prefer having a pump, it just makes life easier when you're running out a bit. But overall this is my new HG primer<3 don't listen to the bad reviews!!!
*2 WEEK UPDATE*
Sweet baby Jesus this primer has fixed my skins hideous little bumps on my cheeks, and has evened out the color. I guess the "herbs" are really working on my face, I dunno but this is heaven in a freaking bottle. Buy it!!!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by misskscott

HORRIBLE. My skin is combination, yet I usually don't have a huge problem with an oily face. When I wore this under my make up my face got oily hours later. By the end of the day my face looked extremely cakey. I have better results using plain old Cetaphil face lotion. Would not let any of my friends buy this. I couldn't even finish the bottle, I was that disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by shygirl7

I just recently got into wearing foundation, so I would just put it on on its own, and later on in the day I would notice how gross and huge my pores would be from the foundation settling into my skin!! So my sister had this, but never uses it so I put it on, and after a 10+ hour day, my skin still looked great! I don't know if this primer adds longevity to your makeup, but mine's looked great anyways. I also love the way this smoothes out my skin. I will definitely buy this again when I run out.