October 30, 2014 | 1451 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Complete Salon Manicure - Pink Slip

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by lscholl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this shade very much and it's perfect for doing French manicure at home. The results on pictures I uploaded are after having applied two thin layers of Pink Slip and one tip coat of Rimmel's French White Pro. And the packaging of this polish is just salon-like!! So chic and classic! It dries quickly on my nails and doesn't stain after removal. The color is similar to Essie's Ballet Slippers. The only complaint I have about Sally Hansen's Pink Slip is its chipping. Everytime after I finished taking a shower, it showed some awful peeling. But overall it's worth purchasing. I'm currently looking for a more steady, long-lasting base coat for DIY French mani, so I'm having Essie's Mademoiselle as an alternative.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by furiana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The pink tinge and the sheerness make this my go-to soft white shade. It lasts for about a week with minimal chips.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Mom2Free

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like others have stated, the color isn't really pink. At all. I actually liked the thick wide brush, but the polish does turn out a little streaky. I'm not sure if that's due to the brush, the formula, or me. I'm pretty rough on my nails, and the polish has lasted a week so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2012 12:06:00 AM More reviews by jenifa305

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am so surprised at the bad reviews. I mean the brush is a little to wide but I have put it to the test and this is a dupe for Essie Marshmallow . And he formula is better because it's not so creamy and streaky like Essie. I love this polish so much definitely would repurchase .

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2012 8:31:00 AM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't know why this is named "Pink Slip" because to me it's really just a pretty creamy white shade. I brought the bottle to the salon and the manicurist had a hard time working with the formula and the brush. The brush is really big and the application was a bit streaky until she used an Essie brush to apply it. I still like the color but be warned - application might be tough.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

I'm a bit shocked at the low reviews on this, because I actually really like this polish--a lot. I'm fair, cool-toned, and this is a lovely "not quite white but almost", opaque, polish that I think looks beautiful as a pedicure particularly in the summer with a bit of a tan, or as a manicure. It also makes a wonderful polish to use as "underwear" for polishes that need a base to show up better, because it's opaque, has a built in basecoat, and looks nearly like my natural nail in one coat. I especially love using it as underwear for neons, like china glaze shocking pink, as opposed to using a bright white polish, which is much more difficult to apply over. It works better if you thin it out with several drops of lacquer thinner like beauty secrets or orly. My main complaint is the brush, which is fine for manis, but frustrating for pedis. I'd still repurchase, particularly on sale.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by xbeachparadise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is okay the colors are nice, the brush is nice and wide and its sturdier than most nail polish brushes so you can do a mani or pedi in half of the time it would normally take and I loved using this on my toes however after awhile I noticed whenever I would take off the nail polish my nails felt and looked weaker and when I used it on my fingernails two of my nails actually bent at the tips so I don't know if it's something in the polish or if I just had a week with weak nails either way I give this 3 out of 5 because the packaging is nice, the brush is easy to use and quicker to use and the texture of the polish is thick and creamy

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2011 11:53:00 AM More reviews by janmaried

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this polish line and this particular shade. I've been using it for over 6 months. I missed out on the Opi Bubble Bath craze - that first version of it that was a milky pink - and I wanted to find something that would approximate that lovely shade. I tried several different colors of this Complete Salon Manicure line, and some were too pink, some too white. But I found that if I layer them, I get a shade that I really like and looks to me much like that original beautiful Opi Bubble Bath. I have very fragile nails, so those extra coats are a big help too. I start with a base coat of Complete Salon Manicure Clear'd for Takeoff, followed by a coat of Shell We Dance?, and then a top coat of Pink Slip. The result is thick and resilient and for me, lasts longer than other polishes I've used. I don't have a streaking problem at all, and that may be due to something I discovered by accident. I keep my nail polishes in the refrigerator to make them last longer. If I apply the polish right out of the fridge instead of letting it come to room temperature, I get a much better result - the chilled polish doesn't begin setting up as quickly so I have more time to do each stroke, and the polish spreads out evenly as it warms on my nails.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by scraps

Not happy with this at all. I was looking for a replacement for my beloved Pink Breeze and it seems to be dist'd. This streaked horribly and by the second day it started to chip!! Not what I expected for $8.00!! The color is almost Pink Breeze, but, at this price and coverage I am moving on!! Not recommended!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by wargoep

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

worst nail polish I have ever tried. I love the color, but every time I try to use this, it goes on streaky.