September 1, 2014 | 1969 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Cherry, Strawberry, or Raspberry Lipbalm [DISCONTINUED]

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2011 11:46:00 PM More reviews by twinkletoes79

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the normal Burts Bees lip balm. The price is sorta spendy, also when you first get it, it does NOT glide on at all! You have to like force it on your lips to get SOME on. Even after ive had this product for about a year now, I still have to swipe swipe swipe to barely get the amount I want and need. The Upside to this Lip Balm is that it leaves your lips with a tingly minty sensation ( which i love) but that doesnt last long at all.. I Probably wouldnt recommend this product to anyone who needs a good moisturizing chap stick.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2010 9:57:00 PM More reviews by bcbarker90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

got the rasberry one hoping i would likeut if you like it since i like the regular one sooo much! but oh no!!!!!!!! i did like the way it felt on my lips but i hate hate hate the taste of it! and i dont like how red it made my lips! but if you like the taste and the color then its a great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2008 3:00:00 PM More reviews by tripleL

I got the Raspberry one as a Christmas gift and it is moisturizing but it also makes my lips turn red, which I do not like, because they are already naturally pigmented.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2008 4:57:00 PM More reviews by wieniawski

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Well, they call it a gloss on the package, but's it's more of a balm. Although it doesn't last long and the mositurizing power is not that good, I just love the package and the fruity scent that comes with it. I haven't use it very often since I got a ton of lip gloss/balm/stick , but this is definitly one of my favourite ,the 2 lippies I took out is just for it's lack of function...

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2008 10:25:00 AM More reviews by dkarb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I was disappointed by this product. It was an impulse buy - I bought it mainly because I love cherries. The texture of the lip balm is very dry, and it is very difficult to apply as the actual substance is so hard, thus making it difficult to get out of the pot. Even after applying it onto my lips they didn't feel sufficiently moisturized. I wonder if it would have been a more successful product if it were in a balm stick instead of a pot. The only positive I found for the Cherry Lipbalm is that the smell is pleasant. However, there are much better products on the market that not only smell just as good (or better) but work better, too. So, not buying it again, and thinking what the hell to do with the one I already have.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2007 11:35:00 PM More reviews by JGarfield

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was excited and bought this on impulse, already in love with the plain Lip Balm. This is just icky. The smell is horrid. Like Strawberries gone bad mixed with turpentine! And the texture is gritty and dry. I could barely get any out of the pot to initially try it on. Another poster had it right when she equated the texture of this lip balm to candle wax. This is one BB product that I will never buy again. It actually got thrown in the garbage.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2007 8:58:00 PM More reviews by no1knows

Impulse-bought the strawberry. Love the smell, hate the pot. Knew this all going in, did it anyway. The application otherwise is... okay. The ingredients are good. It goes on thin and leaves barely any shine. Moisturizes a little bit but doesn't hang around for long--this wouldn't be good for winter or really chapped lips, because I'm going through this fast in summer. No doubt I'll be able to use it up, but I probably won't buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2007 11:54:00 AM More reviews by mollymeow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

it goes on your lips fine, but the flavor (at least for the raspberry) is SO, SO STRONG. after I apply it, I can taste it for hours. ew.

I put this on in the car a week or two ago, and everyone I was with asked me what I was wearing that "smelled like middle school."

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2007 2:03:00 AM More reviews by wowmeow

I am a Burt's Bees lover and I have to say I didn't like the raspberry gloss I purchased. I didn't like the smell and it was hard for me to get it out of the container. I just didn't like anything about the product and won't buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2007 12:43:00 AM More reviews by chriquen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this was an alright product when i first got it, meaning it did an okay job. its hard to get enough product on your finger to really cover your lips. trying to dig for product was like rubbing my finger against a candle. however, after a few months, i noticed that the wax turned into something plasticky. there was no way i could get product on my finger. also, the cap is prone to rusting. i had the raspberry version, and it didn't smell very raspberry-ish to me. smells slightly plasticky. wouldn't buy again; i think even chapstick does a better job than this.