July 31, 2014 | 1925 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by BoundlessBeauty

I enjoy this palette thoroughly. The color pigmentation is good; however being primarily shimmery, most colors have a lot of fallout. It is my least favorite of the three Naked palettes, but that's not saying much considering the other palettes are amazing! I also love the primer it comes with.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Tropicll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was so hyped up about this when I got it for Christmas and had big expectations.
I was half happy and half disappointed.
The free brush that came with it was ok. It's a flat shader brush which I've personally never used, but I guess would be good for first timers. The packaging I did like although I feel like they could've worked a bit more on the closure. The material on the outside did attract hair and dust (I have a white furry dog!) but that was no problem to me. The mirror is also quite handy

These shadows are a beautiful array of colours - neutral matte and shimmer. The only thing that let me down was that the matte shadows were quite dry, and not very pigmented and therefore hard to work with and build up. The shimmers were ok.
These didn't crease on me with a primer or without one.

I do overall like this product, but was just a bit disappointed with the mattes.

Pros: lots of colours to choose from, shimmers and mattes, free brush, mirror
Cons: closure wasn't very secure, matte shadows were a bit dry

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 9:17:00 PM More reviews by sarbel

Great colours and quality. Highly pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by samanthabecker9

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Being a frugal shopper, I do not usually purchase extremely expensive make up. However, my cousin had this palette at her house and I used it before we went out one night. I instantly fell in love with the colors on the palette. I was not quite sure if I was ready to drop 50 dollars on an eye shadow palette but after that one experience with the Naked palette, no other eye shadow measured up! One year later, I have not even made a dent in the eye shadows on the palette, even though I use it constantly (my favorite color being Half-Baked :~) ). I can create so many looks with this palette. I can create a sexy smokey eye with the darker colors when I go out at night or I can create a natural look with the more neutral tones. The LITTLE TINY thing that annoyed me about the packaging was how easily the palette opens. I have to be extra careful if I want to pack it in a suitcase or put it in my purse. The color lasts all day, even without the shadow primer that comes with it, although the shadow primer is pretty awesome. I usually save the primer for looks that require more layers of eye shadow. If i'm just putting on a quick layer of Buck, I do not need the primer and the color still lasts! Once I run out (though it will probably be awhile until that happens), I will certainly be repurchasing. I thought about purchasing Naked2 but I can create most of the colors on that palette with the Naked1 palette! All in all, this is a fabulous product and it definitely opened my eyes to the value of quality make up.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2014 5:02:00 AM More reviews by bribi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

One of the most popular makeup products ever, and I have to say, I don't TOTALLY get it. I'll keep it short, because there's already a million reviews, but this is not a good palette if you have fair, cool skin. Or dark eyes. I know there are other Naked Palettes better suited to that coloring, but this is definitely not it. That aside, though, I find myself using only two shadows on a daily basis, because all of the others are shimmer. TOO MUCH SHIMMER.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 6:56:00 AM More reviews by swagatikasays

The Naked palette has a neutral for every skin tone. These are colours that can give you nice bright eyes or smoky eyes as well. If ever have to go on a non-wedding holiday, this is what I pack with me because it's my go to palette. Yes, it is a bit pricey, I think that if I can find dupes for the colours I don't wear as much, then I will probably buy them, but as of now, I haven't found anything close to the pigmentation, longevity and shades of this palette. Finding colours like a champagne is easy or a soft brown, but Naked's "Naked" eyeshadow is the perfect colour because it completely matches my skin tone giving me a polished look while looking natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 9:23:00 AM More reviews by raelynn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a fair skinned, green eyed redhead. It is often difficult to find makeup shades that look natural. At times, I end up looking like a clown at the circus. I took a chance, and bought the original Naked palette. I love it. Lots of highly pigmented, taupe shades that look good on me. Sure, there are a couple shades that you need to be conservative with, but you learn that as you go....nicely done Urban Decay, nicely done!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Mymakeupjunkie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

So all the hype around Urban Decay's Naked palette, I decided to give into the hype back in February. And boy was I disappointed. The colours looked gorgeous when swatched but on my lids I just could not get it to work. No combination seems to work. Other than half baked, most of the others just looked muddy on my skin tone, which I would say is olive to tan complexion. I felt that the colours just blended into one shade, could not get it to blend as a gradient. And though I am warm olive tone, somehow Naked 2 looks better on me I feel.
I have many palettes, including a couple from toofaced, one from stila, inglot shadows, the balms palettes and Laura Mercier and my favourite is the stila in the light and toofaced chocolate bar. Both are neutrals and stila in the light is in fact supposed to have many of their shades similar to the naked 1 palette but with a better colour pay off and blendability and a way better price point, just with 2 less shadows. I definately recommend Stila's in the light palette. And chocolate bar palette is cheaper with more shades in side and less fall out than the naked palette!

Wish we had a better return policy in Malaysia's Sephora. Only unopened unused products can be returned :( Unlike in USA. So for now I am stuck with the palette and will continue to try and use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 10:40:00 AM More reviews by icecreamsoda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had my reservations about this palette because of the price tag, but honestly now I wish I'd bought it sooner! This palette is just a complete DREAM, it sits perfectly on my skin (which is no small feat because I have pretty dry skin), and I use a shade or two from it pretty much every day because it's just so versatile. You can do everyday subtle barely-there looks, light and summery looks, smokey makeup for the evening, and a whole lot inbetween.
The only SLIGHT downsides to this palette are the packaging on the outside - it's covered in this felt stuff which gets quite dirty easily, but I can't really bring myself to care that much about it - and the fact that it makes me want to throw out all my old, cheap shadows that I can't bring myself to use anymore! This palette has truly spoiled me! I think I now have no choice but to start saving to buy the other two palettes...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 12:23:00 AM More reviews by niiklala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love the story and belief system behind UD products. The first pallet I have bought over and over again. The colors compliment my fair skin tone, and knowing how to contour and choose coordinating colors helps make any look beautiful. I can't tell you the amount of compliments I have had on my eye makeup! A definite must buy for anyone willing to learn contouring or even a light sweep of shimmery nudes.