November 25, 2014 | 1775 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by kramsey111

Fantastic product! I have had this palette for agessss and still love it!
iv given 4 for the price because its on the expensive side, but the colours are really highly pigmented and you only need a small amount.
In some of the other reviews people has spoked about the fallout, but I think this is because the shadows are so soft sometimes your brush can get overloaded with product which can easily fall off the brush when applying. I find if you put a small amount on and then build the colour then its fine, with the shadows being so soft it means they blend so well and you can create loads of different looks.
iv given 4 for the packaging because it does a good overall job of keeping the shadows inside nice and clean and damage free but the only problem is that its made from a felt/velvet type material and mine has become marked and faded over time, which the new naked palettes 2/3 this has been changed to a metal case which seems much better. I would of given it a 3 for packaging but I decided 4 because of the really useful mirror in the lid.
My sister has just bought the naked palette 2 and that one also looks really good, maybe even better. When this one is all gone (this could take forever) I think I will get that one next for a change

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2014 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Johnna1123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I know I am definitely in the minority here but I did not like this at all and returned it. The fallout was horrible, and the glitter all over my face I just could not stand. I feel I gave it a fair shot as I tried it with many primers and a variety of very good quality brushes. When I think about the quality of some of my wet and wild palettes I cannot justify the cost or the aggravation of using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by babypalmtree

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had this palette years ago and after I managed to finish the whole palette I never repurchased it again, as I wanted to try Naked 2 (too cool for my skin, so I gave it away to my friend). Naked 3 comes round, and God do I regret buying that thing.

So last month I was in Sephora and decided to treat myself to the original Naked palette. I realised how much I missed this palette!!!! I found some bronzey eyeshadows to drown out my brown eyes, but the bronzes and browny warm undertones in this palette do wonders for my eyes. The pigmentation is spot on, something Naked 3 didn't have. The price is expensive, but you also have to keep in mind that these are full size shadows and you're getting a much better deal than if you were to buy all these separately - as well as a brush and the UDPP (which they now have in samples which I think is quite pathetic honestly). The only thing I'm not too keen on is the mucky velvet packaging, but that's mainly personal preference as I hate anything with velvet on it.

I also own the Naked Basics and I feel with the Naked palette it's all I'll ever need and more. I've done other people's makeup with this palette, and whatever their skin colour, eye type, eye colour, eye shape, eye size, whatever, the shadows always look beautiful. I feel like this palette is a no problem palette - meaning that whatever occasion or whatever your level of skills in doing makeup is, you'll be fine with this palette.

In terms of longevity, I can't really give you an honest review as any eyeshadow I wear I always wear the UDPP under it as my eyes are like oily frying pans. I'd say my favourite shades are: Toasted, Half Baked, Naked, Buck and Smog. If someone were to steal all my eyeshadows (highly doubt that would happen) and they only let me keep one thing, it would for sure be this palette. Along with my naked basics, none of my MAC or Charlotte Tilbury eyeshadows are ever used.

If you're contemplating what palette to get for others this Christmas or for yourself, I would say just stick to the original one - it is the best one. It's the least intimidating out of the 3 palettes, and I actually gave away the Naked 3 to my friend as she would practically drool over the palette whenever she was at my house. I myself am surprised at how well the colours in this palette suit me, as like I stated earlier normally browns drown out my brown eyes, but these colours are much more wearable in tone and colour for my skin tone and eye colour than the Naked 3 or Naked 2.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2014 3:51:00 AM More reviews by artistrybyhan

The old faithful of my make up collection, I've had this for a number of years and it's still going strong! The colours blend well, are highly pigmented, easy to apply and last all day! I would say this pallet is petty much flawless and there is a colour for both day and evening looks, whatever you wish to create really! The only downside I can think of is because of the high pigmentation, sometimes the sparkly shades can be a little too shimmery. Other than that, it's perfection!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2014 8:47:00 AM More reviews by Danielle2006

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been eyeing this product since the beginning of time but never could get myself to pay $54.00 bucks for it. Until I learned about Sephora's amazing return policy and had another urban decay palette (ammo) which I really wasn't getting much use out of it. I traded it in and got this beauty for only 20 bucks different.

So far I love it like I knew I would. I love the slick packaging. Velvet case with gold lettering its def eye catching. Magnetic closing makes this bad boy perfect for traveling. The colors are amazing. I am a woman of color and have always gravitated to bronze and gold hues. Its not one shadow in this palette I couldn't see myself using. SMOG is my all time favorite. I literally use this product at work as well when I go out. You can create so many versatile looks. Work I normally just wear maybe a lid color but on weekends I like to pop a little something dark in my crease. Urban decay shadows are always pigmented and have a smooth and velvet texture when applied. Now some colors might not show up as well on my natural lid so I might have to use the NYX milk pencil for color intensity. (NO BIGGIE) I'm not a big fan of the brush...in my opinion its a little straw like. Its still nice a palette comes with a brush however. After buying this eye shadow palette...I'm sure I wont need another.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2014 9:29:00 PM More reviews by fmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Can't believe I am just now taking the time to review this fantastic product. After purchasing it whenever it was released (sorry I cannot remember, a couple of years ago now surely?) it has been my go-to palette. I have the Naked 2 palette as well, haven't bothered investing in the Naked 3 as I find it to pink-based. Out of the two I own, the original Naked is a stand out as the colours just suit me better.

Realistically, the make up I wear mostly is day time friendly. This makeup satisfies my need to create a variety of different day suitable looks, but also allows me to create a gorgeous more intense smokey look for night time. When I holiday, I take this product with me due to how versatile it can be. There is no need to take countless palettes away anymore.

I love the two matte brown shades, Naked and Buck. Naked is my ultimate blending colour and I use it for just about any look I do as a transition shade (whether or not I am using the Naked Palette alone!). Buck is great for filling in my eyebrows as well as for a multitude of eyeshadow looks. Out of all the eyeshadows and countless times using it, I have only hit pan on Sin the shimmery pink colour.

A look I love doing is taking sin all over the lid, with sidecar on the outer half. I then blend naked in the crease and add buck over the top for more definition. Than, I take the colour hustle and blend it into my outter v. Blend blend blend. Add toasted into my inner crease. Blend with the naked colour and wa-lah! My favourite go-to eyeshadow look.

I know this product isn't cheap. But if you are a simple person, you probably won't have to buy eyeshadow again for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2014 3:59:00 PM More reviews by dlittlegarden

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Again, if someone somehow forced me to stop buying makeup and just use one eye shadow palette, I feel pretty confident this would be my pick.

I started with the Naked 2 palette, but realized I wanted something with a range of warm and cool tones. When I had a 20% Friends and Family discount for the UD website, I purchased this one, and I'm so glad I did. There is so much variety in this palette, and you can easily put together a subdued work look, a smoky date night eye, or a glittery party eye. Just love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2014 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Halloedangel

IMO they had this right the first time, This is my favorite Naked palette (I own all 5) It doesn't have very many matte shades but if you pair this with one of the Naked Basics you have a perfect neutral eye set, You really wouldn't need anything else. (but we all know we'll get it anyway)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by BeautyByShel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Other

I love the naked pallette! Super high pigments and easy to blend/graduate! I hardly use other branded eyeshsdow :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2014 6:37:00 AM More reviews by GraetzAnni3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love my Naked Palette. I wear colours from it pretty much daily and love every shade. The primer that comes with it is also fantastic. The colours can easily be used for every day or fancy occasion make up looks. The pigmentation is fantastic as well. It may be pricey but it's worth it. Not overly fond of the brush that comes with it but I'll excuse that because the rest of the product is brilliant.