Urban Decay NAKED

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I honestly thought I would like this a lot more than I did. I had it for about 4 years before I finally threw it out due to hygiene concerns (I don't like keeping old makeup around). The range of shades looks really nice, but I found a lot of them to be too cool leaning to work well on my olive toned Hispanic skin.
I also found the payoff on the matte shades to be lacking. Even applied over primer, they were barely noticeable and just blended into my skin. The shadows were good quality, buttery and pigmented so maybe I'm a little too dark for most of the palette.
Out of all of the shades I only got close to hitting pan on Sidecar (great for smokey eye nighttime looks, Creep, and Half Baked (looooved this shade during the summer). I also used Toasted quite bit.
I think if you have fair to medium cool-toned skin and you are on the younger side this would be a really nice everyday palette. The range of matte and shimmery neutral shades can easily take you from day to night and the shadows themselves are good quality and last. Mature ladies may want to stay away due to the high glitter/shimmer content in quite a few of the shadows.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Just lovely!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

im an eyeshadow beginner and this is only my 2nd eyeshadow palette i've bought so i cannot really compare it with anything. but i like the selection of shades this comes in. each shade is great for yellow toned skin and the shadows are easy to work with. cute packaging and the price is ok too. yes im repurchasing.

I was given this as a gift. I liked using it to do other looks for people. The two mattes were my fav. and I hit pan on them. I think it's nice for younger eyelids but for me I hardly ever reached for it because they all ended up looking the same on me. I did do a few looks with the gunmetal colour and a nude lip and liked it but I gave it away because there was no reason to keep a palette for 3 colours that are duped in other palettes. This is nice but not anything super special - for me.

I have the Naked palettes 1 and 2. I love how these eyeshadows look when they are first applied, they are easily blended and highly pigmented and I would use each of the colours.

However, my biggest issue with these eyeshadows are how at the end of the day, without fail there is always a thin dark line stuck onto the crease of my eyelid, I don't know what it is or how it forms, I think maybe the eyeshadows are more oily than most, as it never happens with other brands and it's the only possible explanation for it.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I don't know why it took so long for me to get this! I had naked 2 & 3 so I thought it feels wrong not to have the first one and the shades are just what I love so I had to go and get it. Instantly became my favorite out of the three. Lovely range of warm shades, only couple mattes but I'll just use another palette if I need some more so doesn't really bother me. I like the packaging as well tho it gets dirty but it just shows that the palette has been loved<3

In short I am returning this. Here is a tale about a girl and her neutral eyeshadow adventures:

I requested naked 2 a few years back for Christmas, and was stoked to finally own a naked palette! I used it religiously for a few months--- then less so... Then less so. Then it sat untouched for like 6 months. I forced myself to whip it out again. Sat on the idea of purging it for another 6 months. Eventually I said goodbye to my naked 2 palette. Never a tear was shed.

In the end every "look" I attemped to do blended out into the same muddy mess. Time after time.

I sat on the idea of ever owning a naked palette again. I mean everyone and their mother swears they're amazing. So maybe n2 just wasn't the one for me.

Torn between naked and n3, I bought naked because I loathe chunky glitter... Like loathe it. I hear that is big in n3. And I thought naked would be just a nice neutral essential.

So it took me 2 days to realize how much I hate this palette. Basically for all the same reasons I didn't like naked 2

Like honestly there is 0 versatility.

Open the palette and problem 1-- there is no blending color. Like a bone color or a color like foxy is really lacking. The closest color is naked, but naked is a bit dark-- that's more for contouring the eye IMO (I am nc20). So, confusedly, I set my base with naked-- go to sin, contour more heavily w naked, sidecar on outer two thirds of lid, define outer v with buck, virgin to highlight.

Step back-- the result is a muddy mess. Like a mess. Of just shimmer and pewtery/bronze messiness.

Clean my makeup off-- try the same thing again without first setting the base with naked (I take note that sin, although swatches well, has like no pigmentation on my lids).

Again, muddy dead, flat, shimmery mess.

I pop some half baked into the center of the lid to draw a little bit of light. An improvement. But did I really just pay $55 for this? I used 5 shadows and my eye is just a mess of bronze shimmer. I'm not a noob to eyeshadow...

Ok ok. I whip out my NYX base in white. Throw a white base onto my lid. Start the look over. Still noting how sin is just not showing on my lids...

Wash it off. Try the look again but with toasted instead of sin. Somehow end up with the same result. Define outer v with dark horse instead of buck, same result (just cooler/more shimmer)...

You get the point. Long story longer-- every single look looks exactly the same. Just muddy, bronze shimmer.

I think the naked palette appeal is just lost on me (barring naked basics. I LOVE THAT ISH!!)

To make sure it wasn't just me, I went onto youtube and looked up a bunch of videos on naked palette "looks"

A- every look looks the same
B- it's not that great.

So yes back to the store it goes. Debating on replacing it with too faced chocolate bar or lorac pro--

This palette came out 5 years ago and at the time there wasn't much else out like it. I have a theory that has a lot to do with the rave reviews---

I wonder if it came out today, how well would it rate against all the other options-- since every last company has a neutral palette now. Drugstore to high end and everything in between.

(Naked 1) Great pigmentation definitely worth the money i use the virgin color as a highlighter and it works amazing

Pros -
Gorgeous packaging (naked 1)
Nice selection of shades
It's just handy having a palette rather than scrabbling around for multiple individual eyeshadows

Good value for money

Cons -

The fall out! I always use primer & I've not experienced this issue with other shadows (the MUA dupe for example), but I end up with glitter everywhere when I use this.

I also don't find the colour pay off that fantastic.

I'm not sure I'd repurchase, although it's so handy to have all those neutrals in palette form. I held off purchasing for so long as I felt like it was overhyped & I think my initial suspicions were correct. It's nice, but not amazing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

( This is a review of naked 3)

I have to admit that I accidentally bought a replica, for seventeen bucks on eBay, I figured it could possibly be fake but you know what? I compared it to my sisters authentic palette and the one I have is really, really great!!!

The colours are beautiful , as is the colour payoff ! This is a really well rounded palette and I imagine there is something in there for everyone. Even beginners to eye shadow can achieve a beautiful look with these super easy to use brushes and blendable shadow .

Next time I will buy the real one as I admire urban decays commitment to not test on animals .

Video Reviews & Tutorials

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

Bronzed Naked Palette Tutorial! by fashionista804