April 20, 2014 | 1333 users online

Fragrances - Guerlain - Mayotte

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by zeynepd

I love love love it. Mayotte is one of the most delicious fragrances I have ever smellt but it requires a hot climate and a tropical island to go with it:) It is a giant tropical flower in the most beautiful bright colours flashing in front of my eyes. It is a bit over the top, very fruity, even bubblegummy, the way tuberose is sometimes. Did I say it's very sweet? It makes me think of tanned skin, big floral dresses, small waves licking your bare feet. Well, I'm a petite woman who lives in the city and I would be kind of conscious of myself wearing this. However, I love it the way I love Parfum de Therese although Mayotte is not that deep or complex - especially for the price range. I wish it weren't so darn expensive.

Big sillage, OK lasting power.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2013 6:16:00 AM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like tropical scents that are are light and fresh, I don't understand making them dense like this one. Its just to much for wearing in hot weather. Quite nice though, but best left for the evening.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2011 4:02:00 PM More reviews by ellacinders

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love tuberose but this was way too aggressive and loud, the scent equivalent of a grenade to the nostrils. Maybe it settles down into something gentler, I'll never know -- I had to scrub before I could get there.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2010 12:26:00 PM More reviews by enya

i splurged on this and am not regretting it. the perfect parfum for those who love tuberose and white bouquet.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2010 5:09:00 PM More reviews by shaktigal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This smells like a most gorgeous bouquet of lush tropical flowers with a slight hint of fruity-ness, very beautiful composition. However, although I think it is truly perfect within its theme "lush tropical flower scent", I find that these kinds of scents never really 'become me'. Its like, there is the scent and here am I and the two never really meld together. It is a great scent to smell, but sadly not one that mixes with my chemistry. If I had it in my collection I would certainly still wear it occasionally, just for the joy of smelling it.
Compared to another tropical scent by Guerlain, Secrets de Sophie, Mayotte smells more natural, like real fresh tropical flowers, whereas SdS has a bit more of a powdery quality to it.